Recent content by etu

1. Historical notes

I'd like to volunteer for historical research too if you need any help; after all, I just graduated from university with my special subject being The Normans in Southern Italy and my dissertation being Warfare in Southern Italy during the time period - its a period of which I'm very fond...
  2. Who do you model your character after?

One accidentally turned into Bruce Willis. Another accidentally ended up with a distinct likeness to Mick McCartney. That one didn't last long oddly enough.
  3. Your favorite band(s)

Aryndil said:
    Can't say I have. If you recommend them, I'll try and hunt them down and punish them with hot irons!

I meant listen. Listen to them. Not punish.

And I've ordered the album Eric the Red over e-bay for much less than I would've spent in the stores.

Of course you meant listen :grin: I'm not completely familar with them, as I've only got one album - but its good and it fits the style you seem to like. So yeah, definitley check them out.
  4. Your favorite band(s)

Aryndil said:
    etu said:
    Aryndil said:
    With good reason. They're bloody amazing!

I'm not certain I'd class them as amazing, I prefer my music more focused and aggressive as a rule. But it is very good stuff which I'll be looking for in future. Cheers for that.

Well, true, they're not that aggressive, but they have a great mystical feel to it that I really like. So I'll keep them in the amazing category - for now :wink:

Its different strokes for different folks. Certainly a band I'm gonna try tracking down more of. You ever listened to Manilla Road?
  5. Your favorite band(s)

Aryndil said:
    With good reason. They're bloody amazing!

I'm not certain I'd class them as amazing, I prefer my music more focused and aggressive as a rule. But it is very good stuff which I'll be looking for in future. Cheers for that.
  6. Do you read when u sit on the toilet or do u do it and run?

Reading on the loo is one of life's underrated joys. I had a copy of the Darwin Awards in there for a while, very good toilet reading.
  7. Most Favourite or memorable (non M&B) gameing Moments?

Weird, for me R:TW's main downfall are its shoddy battles.

Oh. Keeping Palace up in Football Manager 2004/05 - also my 7-1 thrashing of Inter with Milan on 05/06, Tony Adams dribbling his way through the Welsh defence in CM 00/01 and absolutely ****ting on Barca at the Camp Nou to the tune of 8-1 with Chelsea in 04/05.
  8. Most Favourite or memorable (non M&B) gameing Moments?

Medieval: Total War. Just about every moment. But in particular my first ever campaign with the English. Ripping the heart out of the French with hobilars is just immensely satisfying.
  9. Gender survey of M&B community.

Majestic7 said:
    ...and most of the internet teen females are anyway irl 50-year old, overweight men surfing in the net naked.

If I was 50 and overweight I'd be pretty desperate for kicks too.
  10. Your favorite band(s)

Cheers for the link, I'm giving them a listen now. I've always been a big sucker for folk/metal combinations so I'm looking forwards to this.
  11. Your favorite band(s)

The Pope said:
    1) Dark Tranquility
    2) Children of Bodom
    3) Turmion Katilot (kind of obscure, so if anyone's interested here's a sample mp3: http://members.iinet.net.au/~theclearys/public_html/01 - teurastaja.mp3

I think I'm willing to trust the taste of another man who recognises Dark Tranquillity's awesomeness.

At the moment my list goes...

1) Dark Tranquillity
    2) Insomnium

I can't pick a third really. I'm tempted to pick Arcturus just for Radical Cut, but Fields of the Nephilim, AFI, Refused, Iron Maiden, Emperor and Borknagar are all tempting choices. Just... can't... pick.

edit: Aryndil, are Tyr that group from the Faroes? I've heard them recommended, but none of their stuff. How would you describe them?
  12. Baggage Fetchers

How are you going to specify which item though? Or is he fetching it all? I can just imagine that...

H: Peasant, fetch from my baggage!
    P: Hurr, what you wantin'
    H: Just fetch everything.
    P: Everything? What, even the bag of flour and two extra horses?
    H: Yes, everything! You gone deaf?
    P: Hurr, bollocks to this, 'tis turnip planting season.

Honestly, the thought of some poor hapless peasant staggering under a massive burden of arms and goods... I don't like this idea. Maybe if you had a specific baggage handling servant with specific items to bring, but surely there's got to be more pressing things to implement...
  13. Combat Tips

When dealing with bandit forces where three or so will be mounted and the rest won't, I hold my forces back. Their cavalry crashes in and gets brutally beaten by my combined infantry. I can then turn my undivided attention to their infantry.
  14. How many people bought a license?

I've brought one. I feel guilty about pushing it to other people, is it right I should suck up their time as well?
  15. Tell us about your character!

okiN said:
    Headshot! said:
    Attila

... though Arnold artfully slurs it in Conan

I actually think it was Temujin.

Likewise.

Ivar Bloodeye's spiritual ancestry includes a love match between Ulrich von Bek and Maeve of Connaught. His physical ancestry is more mundane, minor country gentry and traders from the area around Zendar. The thought of such a career, watching the ploughing interrupted by brief trading trips bored the adventurous Ivar. He proposed to go adventuring and rise high in the service of an honourable lord. His parents reluctantly gave their blessings as Ivar set off through the war torn countryside to Zendar. He took part in the training of the famous trainer of Zendar and fought in the Arena before undertaking service to hunt River Pirates for Zendar. As Ivar saw the true face of war, his few principles or inclinations to tie his fate to its masters vanished like early morning mist. He sold his sword, preferring a heavy club so he could take more slaves for the market. He roamed freely across the face of the continent following whichever prospect saw the greatest profit. In one of these risky encounters he took a heavy blow to the head from a Mountain Bandit which not only stunned him, but gave his eye a permanently blood-filled apperance.

Currently Ivar Bloodeye is meandering his way down south towards Zendar where he hopes to sell his prisoners and do some recruiting. He has no intention of visiting home for he has no wish to see his parents reaction to what he has become. After that he shall ride out again, ready to wreak carnage and make widows all in the name of a few denars..
Back
Top Bottom