Recent content by Elwaen

1. Elwaen

EU Native Duel In-progress European Duel Tournament Edition VI (87 players)

Your Nickname : Elwaen
    Your Steam profile : https://steamcommunity.com/id/elwaen/
    I have read and agree to abide by the tournament rules.
  2. Elwaen

Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

"
    • Updated the matchmaking rules to support populating existing games to full capacity during the warmup phase."

Can you please make the game continue to be filled even after the warm-up phase, like in the past.
      And make the mm work for random skirmish. Going queue with bro stacked in a party and finding a game... Now its not possible... The Matchmaking doesnt find any games...
  3. Elwaen

v1.2.4-v1.2.5 Balance Changes

I can understand that your opinion on adding "variety" and its like a personal opinion i can accept, but some of the concerns you are having is not accurate because you are just talking in regards of the numbers/explanations that are given.
    I'm ok with your opinion and feedbacks on dismount, cause it's, well, pretty explanatory with its name only :p but for example, about knockdowns, the actual changes are soo little that even if i didn't mention them on the changelog, you may probably missed it in the actual gameplay.
    So that's why i'm asking you guys to test it out before making any decisions.
    Other than that, i'm completely open for feedbacks and changing the problematic parts in regards of players' concerns, no problem :smile:

There are some cool feedbacks to look up, even they are not related with the current changes :grin: So i'll note them up to investigate furthermore.
    Some points i disagree with tho, firstly, most of these changes are actually gathered from competitive scene feedbacks. So regardless some of the newly introduced things are hard to "get used to" , most of them actually will fix unbalanced situations that especially causing problems on the competitive events. ( khuzait being underpowered, abusing stab animations, head&neck pierce damage multiplier etc. )
    Secondly, i can understand that you could having hard time with some systems, like shields, kick slashes, shields not protecting feets etc. But these are some of the things that defines the games "feel" Like they are not altered or anything, this is how it is in the core gameplay :grin: Not all shields should cover the feet, cause well, then infantry will be invincible or you should get kicked and damaged *if* you are not paying enough attention. These are the things that adding dimensions and flavor to the game basically. So i'm not sure if all of the things you mentioned are fixable when it comes to that :smile: Thanks for all the comments, i'll take notes from problematic situations you've mentioned.
    I played 4k hours in Warband and 2k hour in BL.

For a good competitive game, random thing need to be reduced. The excuse to said "you having hard time" its not ok. If the system is bad everybody have hard times, its not a question about feelings or ego. I play in div A with my bro's, we enjoy the game in competitive and we just want enjoy more and make the game more skillfull and less random.
    If you play warband you know shooting in the feets its not easy, and inf are not invicible. You have wrong. The way to kill an inf is warband is better and more competitive, you can :
    - Bump stab him
    - Bump and help your teammate to kill him
    - Turn in for your shooter
    - Chamber him
    - Double spam him
    - Range him
    - ect...

In BL you have the same point except :
    - Bump in not usefull for teamplay
    - Turn an inf for your shoot its risky coz projectile are so slow. When you shoot in the inf fight the situation can change so fast. In warband if a shoot hit your teammate its your fault coz projectiles are fastr enought.
    - In BL Kick Slash is more easy to do (ok we can debate on it, its not a bad or a good mecanic. Its skillfull and diferent)
    - Shooting the inf feet to death (there is nothing skillfull at it, its so easy, and inf have no chance, and cav dismount with little shield... no way x) )

Last point shield directionnal system its a good idea at the begining but its not working properly. Changing shield direction is so slow sometime, release your right bouton and you take the hit. its more slower than block with sword. Hit box is strange too. The solution is the same as warband, mooving and turning for blocking. And if you have time, re-adjust direction. But its very random. Random in competitive is not a good idea, and its frustrating. The best needs to win, not the more lucky guy. When you play again very good player, this "protection" problem is really frustrating. Taking a hit you see and you try to block, but your shield hit box said NO... Its the same in cav duel, what poke dont cancel the ennemy hit. You are the first to hit, its mean you are better than him in timing and range, but you getting sanctionned by the poke because you are better than him x)...

The real problem its about balance. Cav are overpowered, and increase damage to horse its the lazy solution. The real solution is to upgrade shoot by projectile speed, and aim precision. And in conscequence upgrade shield covering for inf, because if shoot is more efficient inf feets going to suffer more. Most of the cav player have bad decision making and just spam in inf fight, because they know they are faster, more mobile, have more HP with horse HP, have more range, shoot is to slow to destroy them as warband, piker poke everytime in close fight, they deal good damage. I know TW solution is to reduce cav damage, but its the lazy solution. Its a really really bad solution, because its liking said to cav "You want make more damage ? Ok just spam more and play more agressive. Dont need to be smarter, you need to hit more. Dont team play or increase you decisionmaking and awarness."
    If shooter is more powerfull, cav need to play less agressive and need to be smarter.

Last problem, is its to hard to kill a "noob" (not totally a nood) player in BL. The skill cap is lower than warband. The only mechanic to killing fast a beginner who holding is shield, is kick slash if he hold his shield. You cant chamber, double spam or something else.
    In BL everyone can kill every one, with luck.
    In warband you can play 100 rounds against a top player like Maximou, if you are not good as duel, you will never win more than 2-3 rounds. In Bannerlord you can win 20-30. The game is more random and less punitive. Its not fair for competitive.
  4. Elwaen

v1.2.4-v1.2.5 Balance Changes

Update for siege player.

Useless for competitive play.
    Add double spam
    Make the chambers work
    Improve the shots to balance the game. The shots are the enemies of the cavs. This will make the cav less strong. The projectiles must go faster. The shoots need to be slower. When we aim we have to be able to change the target without our viewfinder becoming as big as our ****.
    Removing this crappy shield system, we can't change sides quickly enough, so when we're in 2vs1. We can't block right then left (which is what they wanted us to do). We have to block direction down to mid and that doesn't protect well.
    The sound of the game bug we can't hear the cavs well
    Weapon switches are too slow (especially in archer)
    You have to do only battle 1 life in competitive mode
    Make sure we can choose our equipment or do good perks because it's not as much **** as before but it's still ****.
    The reverse animation system creates a lot of problems.
    You have to put back bumps because the cavs can't teamplay like on warband. And it slides under the horse
    In a cav duel you can't do a feint. Feints are slower than the guy spamming.
    This is due to a general problem with the game. The Hold mechanic is useless. Having your move already ready compared to someone who is spamming doesn't give you a big enough advantage in terms of speed. The guy in front can spam and outrun you. It is not normal. Holder a shot should give the advantage to the one who has his ready shot.

Bottom hits do too much damage between 70 and 90 in the head. It's way too much.

Kicks with a shield should be longer, it's too easy to kick slash a guy.
    The inverted anim system gives strange visual renderings in competitive.

The ² key is too long when you release it to return the camera. So you can't see behind as well as on warband. So difficult to block the cavs.

A poke should stop the opponent's move even if it does little damage, because it punishes the player who has the best timing. In a competitive game, the player who has the best timing should not be punished because of the game's RNG. In a duel cav, it can make you die and it's totally random. If I hit before I poke and the opponent doesn't. I die when I just got better and the game punishes me for it. In a competitive game this is not possible.
    There must only be one faction that has javelins like on Warband. Today all factions except Vlandia have javelins. It's overused, it causes too much damage and it's uninteresting to have people throwing things at each other rather than fighting.

The shield should better protect the feet of the infs. Already because if we improve the shots to counter the overpowering cav, it will be too easy to kill an inf just by aiming at its feet. On warband the shield protected better and doing leg shots had to be good and it was rare (I used it often but here it's abused as it's simple).

The ranked system sucks. We would have to put back random skirmish without ranked and for ranked make a captain system which picks the players according to the stats he sees from them (like on the warband matchmaking). Captains are appointed from among the players with the highest ELO. There are not enough players in the game for an algorithm that makes teams according to MMR, and there are too many parameters to take into account. There are versatile players who are good in all classes and others who are terrible outside of a class. The simplest thing is to let humans decide based on what they know about the players and the stats they can see on them.
    You have to put the perfect blocks back
    There are major hit box issues (sometimes you pass through an enemy without doing him any damage, sometimes you hit an ally behind him. This probably comes from the inverted animation). People slip under horses. There are elements of the decor that have too large a hit box, which blocks arrows or horses on invisible things.

There is an aimoffset problem. It's too slow, or it makes the animations buggy (aimoffset abuser).

The spearmans are too slow with their spear against the cavs. They also don't have much more range, which means that a pikeman facing two cavs can't do anything. Or in an inf fight we often poke. It's too random.

The damage on the horses of infantry and archers is too much. It's because TW wanted to nerf the cav, but in the end it doesn't work. It's just ridiculous, you can be dismounted in one hit by a guy who isn't even aiming at you.
    If we improve the archers, the cavs will be much less effective in the inf fight to do damage and we should deal less damage to the horses.

Currently even with a paper horse you can arrive at full speed, one shoot a guy. Leave and come back in one shot one. It's lousy gameplay, because it's almost just luck. You can make a massacre in one round and the next round be an instant dismount. In addition there is no skill to go around the map at full speed.

Whereas if we made the bumps more useful like on warband to help our infs (if we take less damage on the horses it will be interesting to teamplay with his inf to make a bump which will help him), the stronger shoots ( you should put your shield on like on warband and be careful not to get headshot). This will emphasize decision-making and not going all out and spamming moves.
  5. Elwaen

EU Native Skirmish Completed [BNL] Bannerlord Native League #3 - Skirmish tournament

Team: Ignite
    If you played last BNL tournament - In which Division did you play?: Yes - A
    In which Division would you like to play?: A
    Teambanner (if available):
    vSPghxs.png

Team contact:
    Elwaen elwaen (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?members/elwaen.468575/)
    Rigo Rigo#5728 (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?members/rigo.515555/)

Roster:
  6. Elwaen

Bannerlord Draft Cup Francophone Edition 4 (28/28) - Inscriptions Ouvertes

Pseudo : Elwaen
    Votre classe : Cav
    Lien Profile Steam : https://steamcommunity.com/id/elwaen/
  7. Elwaen

[CFS 2] Tournoi de prédictions ( 25€ pour le gagnant )

Vainqueur de Ligue 1 : KOA
    Vainqueur de Ligue 2 : ANTH
    Vainqueur de Ligue 3 : LO 2

Partie 1
    Ligue 1 :

Knights of Andales 12 – 0 Les Grosses Brutes Teigneuses
    Royaume de Cintra 0 – 12 Knights of Andales
    Royaume de Cintra 0 – 12 Les Grosses Brutes Teigneuses
  8. Elwaen

Maximou's Video Thread

New carrer in Bannerlord now. Lets update it
  9. Elwaen

[CFS 2] Inscriptions

Nom de l'équipe : Knight of Andales
    Tag de l'équipe : KoA
    Contact 1: Elwaen https://steamcommunity.com/id/elwaen/
    Contact 2: Y en a pas, car Hodor m'a insulté.
    Banner:
    sPz1zrv.png
    Roster:
    (Joueurs uniquement francophones)
    Aymerald
    Lightbrain
    Berserk
    Korift
    Caius
    Maximou
    Pepito
    Woj
    Tulkas
    Elwaen
    Paulo
    Vincent
    Ligue (de préférence) : A ou D
  10. Elwaen

[EU] [TDF] Tournoi Duel Francophone 2022

Maximou
    J'inscris aussi le futur gagnant de ce tournoi.
  11. Elwaen

[EU] [TDF] Tournoi Duel Francophone 2022

Elwaen
  12. Elwaen

EU Native Battle Open Fantasy Warband League

Player sign up

Name: Elwaen
    Nationality: French
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/elwaen/
    Preferred Class: Archer
    Activity: Rusty as hell
  13. Elwaen

[BEAST 8] Free Agents

Name: Elwaen & Caius
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/elwaen/
    Preferred Class: Cav (Elwaen) & Shoot/Inf (Caius)
    Secondary Classes:
    Languages: English/ French
    Div : A or B top team

Pack of two players x)
  14. Elwaen

New Season of Beast?

Lets make a battle tournament, 6vs6, warband style. No bull**** respawn with many life.
  15. Elwaen

EU Other Open 2v2 Groupfighting Tournament

Team name: Reconquête
    Roster: Elwaen, Caius
    Contact Information:
Back
Top Bottom