Recent content by EliteTroopah

1. EliteTroopah

Line 816 in Module_Troops...

What does this line in module_troops.py actually do? ["kingdom_heroes_including_player_begin",  "kingdom_heroes_including_player_begin",  "kingdom_heroes_including_player_begin",  tf_hero, 0,reserved,  fac_kingdom_1,[], When running the .bat file it causes me a bit of grief. The bit 'causing...
  2. EliteTroopah

SP Sci-Fi Rise of the clones (a star wars clone wars mod)

Hank said:
    EliteTroopah said:
    Battle Droids always used the primary weapon, though. The E-11 Blaster Rifle, no matter the rank of the Battle Droid.
    There's no point in giving Battle Droids new weapons as they upgrade, since they always used the E-11 Blaster Rifle. It's a different story if the troop tree involves SBD's and Droidekas, but then again, upgrading a Battle Droid into either is technically incorrect.

But it's a different story for the Imperial Troopers, who used a variety of weapons depending on the troop. Scouts used the T-21 Blast Cannon, Imperial Stormtroopers also used the E-11 Blaster Rifle, and Heavy Stormtroopers used the Imperial Heavy Repeater.

Most clones carried the same rifle with added upgrades, be it the DC-15 Heavy Repeater, or the DC-13 Pistols.
    ARCs carried M4 Blaster Rifles and either a DC-14 or DC-15. Most ARCs may have also carried the DC-14 Sniper Attachment.

Also, sorry Waraelm for being inactive on research for ages. I had a few real life issues that needed attention. But I'm back to help with accuracy of certain troops, weapons, story etc.

With the DC-17m you're thinking of the Clone Commandos. They use the DC-17m that has the interchangable weapon system of normal blaster rifle, sniper, or grenade launcher. (anti-armor)

Just a fore-warning, do not confuse Commandos with Arc Troopers. Arc troopers are Advanced Recon Commandos, while Commandos are used for covert missions not revealed to the people of the Republic.

Also, be careful with using the word "Imperial" in this mod. At this point in the Clone Wars there is NOTHING to do with the Empire at all.

Being inactive since the beginning, I wasn't sure if this had Commandos, so I just pointed that out.
    And I know the difference between ARCs and Commandos, and once again, just assumed about the DC-17 with attachments.
    And I wasn't saying there WAS Imperials, just clearing up on the weapons.
    Thanks for clearing all that up, though.
  3. EliteTroopah

hackdot said:
    there are more than one type of droid  and not all stink compared too clones (battle droids,hk class(sin droid)) so you cant just say droid there are multi classes of droids as well as clones the weps of the clones should change as u lvl them there is more than just clone rifleman theres arc,shock,commando,sniper,heavy gunner,Tech(repair),pilot and alot of people don't know that the driods were being upgraded but it was never shown in the Saga.
    srry i am putting down ur post i just like to...yea...

Battle Droids always used the primary weapon, though. The E-11 Blaster Rifle, no matter the rank of the Battle Droid.
    There's no point in giving Battle Droids new weapons as they upgrade, since they always used the E-11 Blaster Rifle. It's a different story if the troop tree involves SBD's and Droidekas, but then again, upgrading a Battle Droid into either is technically incorrect.

But it's a different story for the Imperial Troopers, who used a variety of weapons depending on the troop. Scouts used the T-21 Blast Cannon, Imperial Stormtroopers also used the E-11 Blaster Rifle, and Heavy Stormtroopers used the Imperial Heavy Repeater.

Most clones carried the same rifle with added upgrades, be it the DC-15 Heavy Repeater, or the DC-13 Pistols.
    ARCs carried M4 Blaster Rifles and either a DC-14 or DC-15. Most ARCs may have also carried the DC-14 Sniper Attachment.

Also, sorry Waraelm for being inactive on research for ages. I had a few real life issues that needed attention. But I'm back to help with accuracy of certain troops, weapons, story etc.
  4. EliteTroopah

M&B and Multiplayer Discussion

X-Warrior-X said:
    Btw.....i bet i'd be able to kick anyones ass here in a siege....

Never heard that one before.
    /End sarcasm.
  5. EliteTroopah

(1.003) Melee attacks sometimes pass clean through target if enemy is too close

Just annoys me that when you're on a horse and you're going too slow or too close to the enemy to do couch lance damage, and you hit attack to thrust the spear, it passes right though the enemy, the ability to hold the lance sideways and use it to cot hang people would be hot.
  6. EliteTroopah

Avatar: The Last Airbender Mini-Mod (Released)

waraelm said:
    no i hate the show its stupid and what are people getting out of it. tv used to have some decent stuff on it but now all the cartoons are rubbish. the last decent cartoon i saw was star wars clone wars.

Sorry to say, even The Clone Wars TV series sucked, and this is coming from the guy who owns every movie, book, game, heck, I even have half the lego series. It's obvious some people don't like Avatar, but some people hate Star Wars, too, but they didn't flame it to kingdom come.

Good work on the mod, I can't wait for more.
    I've only seen book 1, but I have plans to watch the rest.
  7. EliteTroopah

In vain of the Wookiee enslavement by the Trandoshans, I thought about a Trando faction, or maybe just use them as bandits:

Trandoshan: A large reptilian humanoid from the Planet Trandosha, once an ally of the republic, but after their homeworld was attacked by the sith, they turned and started to hunt them down. Now on Calradia, the Trandoshans use their might to hunt down the sith responsible for destroying their homeworld. To their suprise, the Republic was also on Calradia, who was also slightly responsible for the attack on Trandosha.
    Lead by infamous Bounty Hunters, they tear apart Calradia killing anything in their paths trying to restore glory to their names.
  8. EliteTroopah

I can help with the whole story side of things, maybe a TINY bit of coding, since I'm still learning, other than that, I'd be useless.
  9. EliteTroopah

04dowie said:
    I think the Command trooper should have red stripes :razz:

Clone Snipers had red stripes, not Command.
  10. EliteTroopah

SP Sci-Fi The Ballad of Serenity Beta- Firefly Mod

I love you..
    FireFly was one of the greatest shows ever, until they canceled it, at which point I bought the DVDs.
    Great work on the mod. Good luck.
  11. EliteTroopah

Issues with re adding Zendar.

Well, first off I'd need the source code, and more importantly, permission to implement it.
    Edit: And these suggestions on how to fix this issue are just flowing in! I can't keep up with all these helpful suggestions! o_O
  12. EliteTroopah

Issues with re adding Zendar.

While testing out my mini mod before I decide to go full steam ahead with it, I re added the .903 Zendar, and all works fine, now I'm on course to re add the tavern keeper and merchants, so I added the tavern keeper, but: 1. When I talk to him he acts like every other tavern keeper, but he also...
  13. EliteTroopah

Chronicles of Zendar v.1.5 for 1.011

Kolba said:
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Problem with baldness is fixed :grin:.
    Could you tell me how you did that?
    I added Zendar back in for my little mod I'm trying out, and everyone in Zendar is bald, and the tavern keeper is missing from The Wild Boar.
  14. EliteTroopah

Trouble compiling quick_strings.txt.

cfnz said:
    NameError: name 'icon_new_icon' is not defined

It looks like you need to define your new icon. Add a line at the end of ID_map_icons.py which reads icon_new_icon = XXX, where xxx is the next number in sequence.
    Cheers, this worked.
    Which makes me ask, when and if I make another new map icon, I have to add it to the end of that list?
  15. EliteTroopah

Trouble compiling quick_strings.txt.

I've just taken up learning to mod for M&B, so these are from the module documentations, which I'm learning from. I've searched for help with this error, and none have helped me, and also have read the error explanation guide, which did little to help since I only started learning this morning...
Back
Top Bottom