Recent content by Draky

1. Any news regarding the future of Bannerlord?

At this point -Id say the only future is the cessation of updates so that Overhaul mods can finally get a footing
    this tbh
  2. Need More Info Game crashing when entering town scene, with possible solution

Turned OFF Subsurface scattering FIXED MINE! No Crashes!!!!
    Happy Bannerren!
    Alas, for me (5700 xt, ryzen 3600) that didn't fix the crash when entering the town of Charas. Or, more apppropriately, instead of crashing on loading screen, the game did load into the town, but then crashed a split second later. So it seems the setting does do something, but not enough to end all wars crashes
  3. Need More Info Game crashing when entering town scene, with possible solution

Sadly there is not much we can do to GPU related crashes. But reverting GPU drivers seems to be working.
    shouldn't you guys have more info on the exact issue that's causing this problem than us, players, and presumably AMD/Nvidia too?

Can't you like message them with the technical details that you've collected so that they could update their drivers or whatever?
  4. SP - General Joining a siege should automatically reveal all parties on your side of the siege.

Basically title. Right now you can be in a siege camp besieging a city and not know the leaders of other parties in the same camp as if your character is some kind of an autist who never talks to anyone
  5. Need More Info Game crashing when entering town scene, with possible solution

I just wanna add a report that entering the streets of the city of Amprela did not produce an immediate loading screen crash for me, but the same crash instead occured when i got close to the entrance of the city's keep.

cpu - r3600
    gpu - 5700 xt
  6. Need More Info Game crashing when entering town scene, with possible solution

Try installing the older driver I suggested, see if that helps.
    eh, to hell with that, I guess i'll just avoid playing Bannerlord for a while, it's not like they've added anything interesting to the game in the past year (or 4 years, really)
  7. Need More Info Game crashing when entering town scene, with possible solution

My Nvidia 1080 with 8G gave me the same problem. I upgraded to a 7900 XTX with 24G, problem went away ! Not fixed, I just found a work around. I strongly suspect the game / driver is trying allocate memory, fails for some reason (8G too small??) then crash.
    Could be. I've just tried lowering the texture settings to low (im on 5700 xt) then entering Charas, and this time the scene has actually loaded in, but then still instantly crashed like it would before ,just in the scene instead of during the loading screen.
  8. Need More Info Game crashing when entering town scene, with possible solution

I just walked around Charas, no problems - 1.2.8 - 7900 XTX (24G mem)

This game HATES 8G GPU mem, if you're not willing to wind back drivers then I suggest cleaning out all 3-4 places of shaders cache and re downloading. (see other posts for locations of shader cache)
    Is this really about the 8 Gigs? Seems to me like it's more of a 5700 XT-specific issue, and AMD is world-renowned for its buggy drivers (stands to reason they find it harder to make good ones given how Nvidia has 85% of the desktop market and AMD has like 5%)
  9. Need More Info Game crashing when entering town scene, with possible solution

Same thing happening to me. Trying to enter the town of Charas (specifically the streets of) causes a driver timeout as well as the following error message:

>--------------------------- ERROR --------------------------- rglGPU_device_d3d11::create_render_texture The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action.

All other towns/scenes that I've visited seemed fine. I've also definately visited Charas more than once when I was playing the game a year or so ago on the exact same hardware (r3600 cpu, 5700 xt GPU), and had no issues.
  10. Hugely unpopular idea: Taleworlds should just scan workshop/nexusmods for the popular mods and implement them in vanilla

I doubt that's much of an issue: Settlement Icons and Quick Talk started as mods after all.

I think the bigger issue is that TW staff have to maintain features the same way modders need to consistently go back and update their mods, so they might not want to take on that burden.
    Yea but that would be just insane amount of laziness. If TW developers have to pass every issue through a "do we really want to maintain that feature we're lazy" pass then there's nothing that can save this game at all

I'd rather believe they are just that incompetent which is why their game is a brojken mess, but not that they are both incompetent and incredibly lazy
  11. Hugely unpopular idea: Taleworlds should just scan workshop/nexusmods for the popular mods and implement them in vanilla

@Draky

change the title of your thread to Huge Loved Popular Idea
    Well if you scroll through this thread you'll see just how well loved that idea is :grin:
  12. #1 Feature that would substantially improve Bannerlord for you?

Either add a whole bunch of new quests both for low, middle and high level players (including kings/queens), or alternatively port a whole lot of mechanics from ck2 to make controlling the kingdom be actually fun AND challenging as opposed to the current puddle-level lack of anything to do and any challenges to face once you become a king.
  13. Hugely unpopular idea: Taleworlds should just scan workshop/nexusmods for the popular mods and implement them in vanilla

Nobody likes people profiting from the free labour of others. And that's exactly what it would look like.
    That's like saying that museum profit from the free labour of the painters who had donated their works to those museums
  14. Hugely unpopular idea: Taleworlds should just scan workshop/nexusmods for the popular mods and implement them in vanilla

I think they already do this

But generally speaking they can't just wholesale copy mods, cause you're basically stealing other people's work at that point. Good way to way to end up on a bunch of game journalist's website front page and really turn folks against you, even your typical plucky streamer can't defend that.

That said mods/modding exist in a pretty grey area. TW could probably pretty easily incorporate any existing mods and say it's justified since mods are developed off of their assets. (Just wanna say I'm not a lawyer, so take what I say with a dose of salt.) Also it's not real hard to change a few lines of code and make something look like it's yours anyways, why I've always shied away from anything coding/programming related. The village/town icons on the map are very reminiscent of an early 2020 mod for instance, but that could also be coincidence.
    I understand, but I just can't come up with reasons why modders would rile up people to defend their mods being incorporated into the main game. Especially if given credit (whic is easy to do, just list the mods incorporated and their authors at the bottom of the credits page in the game). I mean, what are they losing beside not having to update their mods every time TaleWorlds releases a small patch (which is every few god damn days or weeks).
  15. Hugely unpopular idea: Taleworlds should just scan workshop/nexusmods for the popular mods and implement them in vanilla

Terrible idea. I would bet that more people play and prefer this game "vanilla". You have a choice and they deserve to have one too.
    Console players don't have that choice!!
Back
Top Bottom