Recent content by dirtbag

1. dirtbag

Is it just me..........

If running around accuracy should be out of question in the first place... The arrows and throwing weapons can be much more deadly, but if moving backwards and spamming projectiles one should miss almost all the time...

Also, crossbows shouldnt be able to reload when moving...
  2. dirtbag

Controlling Attack/Block Direction with WASD

No this wouldn't work, you have to be able to block in other directions than what you are moving so that you don't have to stop.

Wonder when the kids who wants auto-block ala Jedi Knight comes along and complaining?
  3. dirtbag

A lot of Game improvements/suggestions/feature ideas

Arrows/throw weapons should damage the arm if penetrating through the shield at the right place.
  4. dirtbag

bots thread

I still have not got into the beta (I wont even play the real deal until I get a new computer) but now I have seen some pictures of bots acting in some really weird ways...

So I wonder how the bots work now. Are they going by themselves, or do the players command them?
  5. dirtbag

Videos/screenshots/info

PsykoOps said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9mvj72ougw My very first youboob video :grin:
    Excuse the fact that it has no sound, fraps doesn't record it for some reason.

1. Don't shoot with your bow in close against shields
    2. Other than that okay
  6. dirtbag

Don't you hate it when...

xwhitemousex said:
    ... you are using bow/xbow and a 2H, then you get ambushed at night in a town or village and you have to face off against 3-5 archers. No chance whatsoever since you have no shield :neutral:

... you enter a battle at less than 100% health, and a javeliner gets a lucky shot from 70 paces and insta-kills you.

... you are charging the enemy and the horse dies, then you do a face-slide along the dirt right inbetween 3+++ enemy infantry.

... you're bow/xbow specced with your character, you're last man standing against 3-5 enemies... and you have no more arrows...

... you just escaped captivity from a bandit group or enemy Lord, and while trying to run away you get caught by another bandit group or Lord then get captured all over again >.<

Add your own moments of frustration :smile:

Life's a ***** :roll:
  7. dirtbag

nK - Nobody Knows Clan

I have to ask what the name means?
  8. dirtbag

bots thread

Haha no that didn't look too good. Reminds me of the AI in Rainbow Six whos worst enemy wasn't the terrorists but the doors.
  9. dirtbag

Warbands Top 10 ! UPDATE OCTOBER 17

Looks nice but the shield is WAY too shiny and photoshopped hehehe
  10. dirtbag

Damage System - Bugs me to hell.

No medic stuff...
  11. dirtbag

Being knocked off your horse

Fearxraidz said:
    Yea I agree altho we should be able to wear capes too

Naah, why wear a cape in battle really? No protection and you will mostly just stumble on it and kill yourself.
  12. dirtbag

Up Javelin damage!!

Hibiki said:
    I think there are two big problems with throwing weapons:

A) You can carry WAYY too many. When was the last time you heard of someone carrying 20 Axes, or 30 Javelins? Seeing as people normally carry two or more stacks of throwing weapons, 2-4 should be more than enough ammo for a stack.
    B) What you do carry is too light, allowing players carrying huge loads of throwing weapons to still run away easily.

I wouldn't mind damage being upped slightly, if weight were upped, and the amount of ammo reduced significantly. I think this would make the game more fun for all.

Literally everyone carries throwing weapons. Combine that with those who play as archers, and it is almost impossible to use any kind of two handed weapon, or for-go carrying a shield. Furthermore, when you do get in close combat with someone, you'll more than likely receive a spear/axe/arrow/bolt in your back than getting hit by the other guy's sword.

[Edit] Also, I don't think that throwing weapons should be standard(free) for non-ranged infantry. Only skirmishers really carried such weapons. In M&B, there's always been an over-dominance of ranged weapons -- even in single player. The only difference is that CPU's can't aim, or be cheap. However, players can. So this imbalance is brought out strongly online.

Totally agrees... Especially for Battle mode.
    Max 5 javelins for my taste.

And about amounts... Why does it feel like everyone carrying two shields, and hundreds of throwing weapons and a two handed axe? :roll: just screams of Serious Sam seriousness there.
  13. dirtbag

Is integrated voice chat planned eventually?

Good as long as it is possible to block certain people.
  14. dirtbag

What do you think of the armor?

The human body is fragile :razz:

But maybe it just needs some balancing in cost versus protection, so that it doesn't matter WHAT it is, just how much protection it gives... But helmet and body could be slightly more expensive since it's easier to hit those spots
  15. dirtbag

Those Funny Warband Moments

Snall said:
    Having 5-6 khergit archers run circles around inf and shoot them with arrows...yeaaaa.
    That's what they are supposed to do :roll:
Back
Top Bottom