Recent content by Deaken

1. Deaken

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

That's just the thing and I forgot to point that out.  Killing any units doesn't break the enemy formation and force them to charge.  Unless I move and charge into the enemie's battle line they will not engage, even when they outnumber me and regardless of casualties I inflict with ranged.  Starting to think that perhaps my save game is bugged and going to do a fresh start because re-installs are not fixing it.  Like I said, wasn't sure if it was a bug or something was changed so I asked here. 
  2. Deaken

Question about the battle ai and/or new formations tweaks done.  Numerous times now an enemy lords' army will all get in one long line at the start of a battle and move in a diagonal NE direction  instead of attacking.  Only does it with lords and not random small faction armies.  I have formations disabled as I was used to the old way of positioning troops via holding F1 which no longer works realiably.  I guess my question is if this is normal behavior now or perhaps a bug?  I've never seen the ai do this in any version of PoP and was wondering if perhaps I missed a change in the recent iteration changelogs
  3. Deaken

jml said:
    One thing I truly miss in PoP?
    Diplomacy...

Not happening, thankfully. 

I've noticed several times now where rescued prisoners aren't shared with random lords and parties that have joined the fight.  Sometimes I intentionally try to give free troops to the AI this way.  Haven't played in quite a while but I thought prisoners would go to AI lords, even if they weren't of your faction.  Has this been changed recently or am I remembering incorrectly?
  4. Deaken

Tweaked PoP 3.7063

saerossaeros said:
    Is that an official policy or just an opinion? Because I've been preparing my own tweaked game.
    I always assumed only posts containing third-party files in them were forbidden.

Dabbling in the occult and then posting it here(I'm assuming w/o permission).. pretty positive that has always been frowned upon.  I mean, I have a tweaked file of the latest version with personal adjustments and some things reverted to prior versions.  Should I post it as well?

Not to mention it is extremely rude towards the devs posting a modified version of their own work on the forum. 
  5. Deaken

Tweaked PoP 3.7063

Please don't post your personal tweaks as an open download.  This isn't your forum.

6. Deaken

D'Shar Revision Thread for 3.8

Diaphantos1 said:
    Can we get some input from the developers of what exactly the original concept for the D'Shar faction was? Were they meant to be so heavily infantry focused? Or were they supposed to be a light cavalry/horse archer faction? What real life group were they inspired by? The moors? The mongols? The turks? The Huns?

Why can't they have a bit of both?  Maybe they are just unique to the world of Pop? 

Why do they have to be inspired by any particular real life group? 

Decius II said:
    Personally think all the units look way too similar, some new artwork and armor variations would be nice.

SCV Arius said:
    IMO, a javelin focused skirmisher from the Desert Bowman, and a medium non-lancer melee cavalry from the spear-focused D'shar Warrior line would make the faction stand out while making up for skirmishing and mounted deficiencies.

Agree with both of these.  The heavier infantry need some variation to their visuals. 
  7. Deaken

[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Aunodin] I would actually argue against the feature being useless. I have been jumped too many times by scorpion assassins when I am of a lower level to not want the feature. Especially when they show up in a village when you are trying to do a quest or something [/quote] [quote author=MitchyMatt said:
    That's why you avoid wandering in towns at night!! Bad things could happen :fruity:
  8. Deaken

Kenshiken said:
    With 10 engineering skill it take's 36 days to build school. Amount of time needed to upgrade your fief/castle/town is INSANE.

Compared to what, exactly?  Other mods, native, real life, or just your personal expectations? 

I find that a few hundred days into a game most fiefs that I conquer are already well on their way to being fully upgraded.  Don't really understand why some get upset over these upgrade times.  It's really not that long and I hope they don't change it.
  9. Deaken

Prophesy of Pendor 3.705 Bug and Support Thread (Ask all of your questions here)

ttgg said:
    Moridin said:
    The party name bug was supposed to have been fixed, are you playing on the latest version? Is your save game an older one?

It is the latest version (.7063) and a game started only for new version.

I found another strange party.

3IsaoFW.jpg

That's not a bug.  Patrol for Three Seers Army to help capture enemies.
  10. Deaken

Banjonaut said:
    Didn't you guys just take warband and do with it as you please?

You aren't very smart, are you?  Try less gym and more reading. 
  11. Deaken

Whitestag Castle - A nice catch for first time play throughs

Krozzy said:
    Baahhhh Well thanks for the info, but wow that is dirty and very dishonorable; complete contrast to this thread I am sorry.

Agreed.  Never a fan of this tactic but to each his own. 

Nice guide so far.  Always nice to read these and pick up tips.
  12. Deaken

saxondragon said:
    Patch and full version now available or within minutes will be.
    '

Thank you, SD. 
  13. Deaken

[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

saxondragon said:
    Interesting suggestion..

How do you think this will play out with other aspects of combat?

Everyone.. feel free to chime in here.

Throwing weapons/scaling is fine.  This isn't a medieval/dark ages simulator that some here seem to be trying to steer it towards lately.  I understand the want for "realistic" but this is Pendor, not the forests of Gaul.  I think with PoP being a low fantasy setting we can allow some discrepancies in how some feel a particular item/weapon/armor should work as long it it helps with the overall balance.

As Epicrules pointed it above me, not many (players/ai alike) use throwing weapons and you are much more likely to take an arrow/bolt to the head(knee).  Should we also adjust and nerf archers/xbows, too?  Point is you need to be wearing either very good armor or using a shield.  If you charge into a massed enemy who uses throwing weapons, expect to take casualties.

As for head armor having more protection/higher values?  No.  I can't think of one game I have EVER played where head pieces gave protection than chest.  Even if you wanted to argue that it is more realistic(it's not), there are game-play reasons for things being the way that they are.  Head shots should always give a bonus in damage and be more rewarding.  At lower levels this is sometimes the only way the player can kill an enemy, no matter is it is with a sword, arrow, or spear. 

These suggested changes with also adversely effect the over-all balance and flavor of many of the current units, particularly those of the D'shar.  Many of their units use throwing weapons with deadly proficiency which is a nice, refreshing twist.  Doing so makes up for their lackluster archers.  From what I have seen in most games, a desert faction is given numerous or superior archer units because it is more "realistic" and seemed to be the status quo.  Realistic doesn't always equal fun, balance, or challenge which is think is the overall goal of PoP.
  14. Deaken

POP 3.7 troop trees - first impressions and discussion thread

thermocline said:
    I used Griffons for the first time on my character in 3.705 and wasn't impressed (they're adequate but nothing special) but this should be a noticeable buff for the KotG.

I don't think they were supposed to be all that impressive but merely adequate like you stated  Remember, they are an older order from generations past which you have to re-instate.  They aren't supposed to necessarily match up and be better than the newer orders.  At least, that's what I've gathered from the lore/descriptions on the wiki. 
  15. Deaken

TrashMan said:
    Will Tweak MB work with  PoP 3.706?

I notice it sez 3.6 is suported

Really? 

How about try and find out instead of asking the devs if your cheats/tweak will work..
Back
Top Bottom