Recent content by Davic

1. Davic

What is the actual reason we can't get server files?

Saying they don't care is a little unfair; I'm sure they would love bannerlord to be a MP success. More likely it's just not their priority right now; everyone is hands on deck working on SP right now and to be fair I don't blame them. Get the core game working first - then worry about MP.

Sure it sucks; sure it would be nice to see some movement on MP beyond small balancing changes. But Bannerlord will live or die on the quality of the SP campaign; not MP. That's just is as it is.
    I don't think there is really an appreciable difference between TW not caring about MP and them viewing MP as low priority, at least not in the outcome, which is MP becoming stagnate, not improving and dying. I'm also not sure how it's productive to come into the MP forum section and try to reason that MP being neglected is okay or reasonable because SP is more popular. That won't do anything to quell MP fans' frustration and is reminiscent of the arguments you occasionally see by toxic SP fans that say MP should have been entirely removed in Bannerlord to focus on SP.

Ultimately, isn't asking for server files already accepting that TW isn't prioritizing MP, so the community is simply asking for the ability to do it themselves? We already know getting community servers up and running is possible since it's been done before TW shut it down, so is this not the best solution for everyone? TW could focus on getting server files out, maintain their low effort and resources for MP while prioritizing SP, and MP fans could begin working on and playing something they actually enjoy.
  2. Davic

Bannerlord Comprehensive List of Implemented Perks (1.5.4 main branch and 1.5.5 beta) -UPDATE IN PROGRESS

I don't really autoblock. But I figured out that the arrow must hit the blade and that is nearly impossible. Because the blocking stances are so, that you hold your weapon away from your body, you doesn't really protect your body. And you must change your position at the right time. E. g. you must have a perfect timing when changing block stances from the right to the left, or vise versa, to block an arrow that is flying straight to your head.
    I was trying out the deflection too and this does seem to be how the perk is implemented. It effectively turns your two-handed weapon into a long but very narrow shield while blocking. It seems very difficult to make use of it intentionally since your weapon covers so little space, so it might be better to think of the perk essentially as just negating a very low percent of arrows whilst you're blocking.

A lot of people were hoping or dreading this perk would turn you into an anime protagonist, but it really just enables the physical hitbox of two-handed weapons to interact with arrows while blocking.
  3. Davic

Can anyone involved with development tell me when I can expect siege AI to be competent?

While it is obvious it needs improvement; A.I. is not exactly an easy fix. Let's consider sieges in the total war series. A 20 year old series with 14 instalments and a much larger developer;

Like when everyone always says "God the A.I. is terrible in this game..." I want them to say - compared to what?

Name a game that does have good A.I.?

Fact is - until we get machine learning in video games A.I is always going to be janky. TW can improve it for Bannerlord but I don't know where everyone gets their high expectations from...

Having played all these games except for Cyberpunk, the difference between them and Bannerlord is that while they might bug 1-5% of the time, Bannerlord AI bugs out 100% of the time. No one is asking for human-like AI, they just need to be able to climb ladders and defend themselves. Btw the Mordhau developers', who are much smaller than Taleworlds, eventually did update their AI to be able to climb ladders and surfaces, they must be using machine-learning since that is truly a marveling feat.
  4. Davic

State of the Game?

This video shows better my point about how bad the AI is in tournaments. It is like something it just refused to block when it is getting chained attacks. It happens 90% of the times against unshielded units but sometimes it also happens with shielded units:

The shieldless AI was actually capable of being good before they changed the combat AI from being based off of level to weapon skill. I can't believe TW hasn't noticed the downgrade in the past few months, so I can only assume it's intentional or it's "not a priority".
  5. Davic

Ray Tracing and DLSS Confirmed for Bannerlord

The way the article is written makes it seem like Bannerlord will only be getting DLSS support, not ray-tracing too. That's still great for the potential performance boost.
  6. Davic

Why isn't the AI kicking and using the shield bash in combat?

Startting with the suspect at 1:40....1 he hadn't even thrown anything...2nd there where nothing to pick up 3rd they usually only pick up when they are out of ammo. 4. You can clearly and distinct see with threir arm that they are picking up with it when they do not just bending down with straight back or other things not using their arms....
    This is my forensic point of view. Even if it seem like a outcome that it was something that was about to happen and it might be correct.... Ive seen AI doing this without being an bow man or javelin thrower but could be that they thought they where suddenly who knows, it will remain a mystery. And since this man is dead we will never know what was on his mind that day.....may your soul rest in Sovengarde

No, that is the exact animation I'm talking about. He bends his back and his right arm is mostly out of frame but it looks to be reaching towards the ground. Look at the normal crouch animation and you'll see the back remains at the exact same angle that it was at while standing. The AI don't seem to need to precisely look at ammunition to pick things up like the player does, so he's probably picking up the nearby javelin quiver of the skirmisher you killed before he ducked.
  7. Davic

Why isn't the AI kicking and using the shield bash in combat?

I think he wasn't picking anything because the stop dead and the animation is longer when picking something up.
    Nevertheless looks cool as he was running
    There's a noticable difference between the crouch animation and pick-up animation. The pick-up animation has the right arm extend to the ground to pick-up the item and bends the back to achieve this, whereas the crouch animation keeps the back straight and bends both arms keeping them at waist level. Your clip looks like the pick-up animation to me.

I've seen AI duck under attacks several times, but it was always to pick up ammunition and never to intentionally evade an attack.
  8. Davic

6 months into EA and devs still do not understand what ruins their game.

Wait did they really called Warband a failure? Literally a month ago South Americans were holding a tournament, how is that a failure? Maybe they were so angry that we were still playing Warband they just refused to give us a server in Bannerlord lmao. I bet SA is still playing Warband matchmaking, and I know because I know a lot of them, that they DO own Bannerlord
    I think they considered Warband MP a failure because it was greatly dwarfed by the SP playerbase. I believe Callum said that no one was actively monitoring MP player counts before he joined the company (in 2016 or 2017 I believe), so his data came from after Warband's MP heyday.
  9. Davic

[MP/SP] Dynamic Blocking Debate

I think you are missing the point, okam's directional blocking was not by any means the reason for its fall. In fact, for 2h there were 9 directions and 8 for 1h, and the lock was for stances iirc. This is a summary of what happened if someone is interested in: link
    I never said it was the reason for it failing, only that it used a similar system and that I disliked it in that game. The locking system was there to make it possible to turn and maintain your block direction and it is the only real solution to the major issue with this kind of blocking and that fix is still less than ideal for me.
  10. Davic

[MP/SP] Dynamic Blocking Debate

The failed Of Kings and Men used a system pretty similar to this for blocking, and I personally disliked it. IIRC, it also had a key that locked your block in it's current direction, allowing you to turn without changing your block. Ultimately, to me it felt like it made combat a little bit more complex needlessly, as now I had to be mindful and make ample use of another key on top of everything else.
  11. Davic

Siege

I'm fine with cavalry having a role taking/defending the flags outside the walls in siege, but the cavalry spam inside the walls and especially on the final flag is a terrible experience. It's definitely an issue of map design and the class system allowing players to spam heavy cavalry in siege.

The server quitting at the ends of matches also needs to be priority for TW. I've seen several times the siege server taking a few minutes to reappear, causing dozens of players to go to TDM instead meaning when Siege finally does pop back up you'll be playing with about 50% of the players you had last match until the TDM match ends.
  12. Davic

Current Issues being working on

I think the reason casual players aren't playing MP is more to do with lack of maps and progression than combat or the class system or custom servers. Even if siege didn't crash half the time Baravenos Encirclement was played most people aren't going to stick around when it's the same three maps rotating.

With that being said, I'm not sure the class system can entirely be dismissed as one of the reasons MP is dead. A lot of small issues probably accumulate into a unfun experience so that a casual player can't exactly explain why they don't want to play anymore. Some people who haven't played Warband might be comparing it to Mordhau, which has a far more interesting equipment system. Overall, I don't see how anyone could play Bannerlord MP and think of the current class system as an actual positive element of the game. At best it seems like someone might have no strong opinion about it either way.
  13. Davic

Siege Castle of fen Altai

I think a big issue with this map is how accessible G is to cavalry. Once the weakened wall is broken (which usually happens pretty fast unless the defenders actively try to stop the artillery) cavalry just needs to break 2 barricades that go down in a few hits and then they can contest G the entire game, meaning you'll constantly need people sitting on the last flag. Often you'll reach this state even before A and B are taken.
  14. Davic

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.1

I have noticed a few issues in regards to Lord HP within Tournaments.

For example some Lords/Heros are able to be killed in one hit - 30 damage or so.

Then others are as standard.

I am unsure if this is due to these Lords/Heros not being allocated to the right category and therefore receiving the wrong health.

Examples:

I've noticed this too, but figured it was probably lords entering tournaments when they're not fully healed from battle.
  15. Davic

Patch Notes e1.5.0

Is MMR really implemented in the game?
    Cuz unless my MMR is 150000 and they all have below 10000 I don't think it's working as intended (none of them did group queue):
    swUvhdw.jpg

In this screen, I assume I am seed 1, the aserai team is seed 2 to 7 and my team 8 to 12. That's impossible to win with that seeding
    I haven't noticed much change in skirmish match-ups while solo queueing either. The game still regularly seems to stack one team with clan kids versus a team made up mostly of players who queued up thinking, "I wonder what skirmish is?"
Back
Top Bottom