Recent content by Danger Moose

1. Danger Moose

Lordly armors

I know that when you capture a lord you can steal his equipment as one of the conversation options. Maybe do that?
  2. Danger Moose

Lordly armors

vinlander said:
    I want my character to look like the lords and nobles with their shiny armors reinforced with leather and decorated with furs, silver and gold patterns! How can I look like nobles? Can somebody tell me?

Go to Dunwich and take a walk around the town until you find Eadwine the Armorer. He is near the waterfront. Ask to see his "special wares" and he'll give you an option to surprise you for 19,000 penningas. That will give you one of 4 possible special armors, one of which is the Norse Hringserks with bear fur. I think it's the best armor in the game, and weight 14 if I remember correctly.
  3. Danger Moose

Some Lords won't come out (BUG)

Try recruiting a few hundred troops and then giving them to him.
  4. Danger Moose

I've converted 72 people to paganism. Awesome?

When I ask my constable about a report on the kingdom's faith, he says "we have managed to convert X number of people to our faith."

What are the benefits to this? Who am I actually converting?
  5. Danger Moose

I've converted 72 people to paganism. Awesome?

What exactly does this mean? How many people are there to convert?
  6. Danger Moose

is WFAS worth it?

Caba`drin said:
    Do I need to cite the numerous examples of cease and desist letters served to modders using references from the Warcraft universe?

Regardless, I still don't follow the logic of the argument...mods are free, you don't give them money, so now you are NOT ripped off for giving this money even though you are disappointed?

Because obviously they're the kind of person who thinks everything in life should be free. It feels to me like a lot of people are put off simply by the fact that they had to pay for something that they considered little more than a shallow mod.
  7. Danger Moose

WF&S Redeeming Features

One of my favourite things to do now, is stare down an enemy cavalry charge with my musket. Right when the enemy horse is almost on top of you, you fire into the rider, and if you're good and lucky, you unhorse him right on top of you. One of the best combat feelings in any M&B games so far.

Also riding right up to another man on a horse and quickly felling him with your pistol. So much fun.
  8. Danger Moose

is WFAS worth it?

Caba`drin said:
    breach of copyright

When was the last time that stopped anyone from doing something on the internet.
  9. Danger Moose

is WFAS worth it?

It was 13 dollars, guys. Think what else in this life you've spent 13 dollars on. It's like a movie ticket. A few drinks at a bar. A bad dinner.

Point is that a lot of people here are crying like mommy and daddy aren't going to buy them another game this month. Sure this game isn't the next evolution in M&B, but I appreciate it for what it is. For pure dollar vs. time played, its a great bargain, especially when considering a lot of the alternatives.

Sure, some of the mods out there might be deeper, or even better games. But if you haven't donated to those projects then you don't get to call WFAS a rip off.
  10. Danger Moose

Fire & Sword Better Than Warband ?

simontotalwar said:
    :mad:
    I installed the game, 2 minutes later I uninstalled the game

Now that's just childish. I realize you're exaggerating to some degree, but if you're not going to put time into the game, how can you hope to create an honest opinion of it?

What bothers me about this thread is that people seem to be so distracted by the differences in WFAS that they forget to embrace them. People are *****ing about guns like it was a surprise. That **** was clearly in the game description. Honestly, did you think a game with a wildly different weapons system was going to play the same way? Muskets revolutionized warfare. Obviously they're going to revolutionize M&B.

"Boo-hoo" they cry. "I got shot off my horse while I was leading a cavalry charge." Well, darn, how about you don't play like a fool. This new game encourages you to stay behind your lines and direct your men instead of sitting out front. Nothing wrong with that. Different style.

I appreciate WFAS's differences because there are only so many sword & shield type games you can make before you're just making the same game over and over again but just wearing a different hat. To tell the truth, I was getting a little sick of being the uncontested king of the battlefield in M&B. Getting shot off my horse from 50 yards in WFAS was a pleasant surprise. I now have to rethink how I play.
  11. Danger Moose

Sutton Hoo

Armorer has them.
  12. Danger Moose

How do i get stuff from Tournaments?

Just get lucky. I got the Wolf Lorica and a Princip Sword. I've also gotten stiffed once and didn't get anything. Perhaps it's renown based.
  13. Danger Moose

Caveman paints: Screenshots / art / Signatures / Fan site (new screens and sig)

jBAHG.jpg
  14. Danger Moose

Trading and Enterprises Tips v1.2

thrakkemarn said:
    I think it's great that wineries are so profitable. I personally find the trading game to be tedious at best, you can run around making as much money as you want depending on how long you are willing to do it for. Instead, you can do it just long enough to get a winery, then start to do quests or fight or anything else more interesting than a boring trade route =)

Yeah, it is pretty boring, but when you can make like 5k-10k PER DAY, it starts to make up for itself.
  15. Danger Moose

Trading and Enterprises Tips v1.2

blitzking said:
    La Makina said:
    Noted. I add the reference to my shopping list. I like Spanish wine a lot. Some Italian are brilliant too (California has some good references as well, I am still wary towards Chile).

When I studied in the UK I had found red wine packaged in a can! I also found a limit date of consumption printed on a cork... I guess such a bottle would not have aged well.

Yeah we actually have some pretty good muscadine wine made here in Arkansas, but the white win sucks. Or does it always suck?

I occasionally enjoy a quite nice white Clos du Bois. It's another California wine.
Back
Top Bottom