Recent content by Crosby 4HyG

1. Crosby 4HyG

Handle a large army

Having an enterprise in every major city is of course going be helpful, (Dyeworks and Tannery's are usually the most profitable options in my experience.)

Putting a few extra points into leadership will make a difference on lowering troop wages; the same goes for prisoners management. Selling all the prisoners from one large battle can often cover your army's expenses for the week. Not to mention captured lords will usually net you 4-5k when ransomed.

Tournaments are an easy 20k and a nice little renown booster as well.

Lastly, while Hero adventurers are powerful in their own right I rarely use more than a few due to their extremely high cost. You shouldn't be using adventurers to comprise any major percentage of your army except in the most dire of circumstances.
  2. Crosby 4HyG

is AI cheating ?

It's meant to be an advanced Warband mod, a challenging experience for the player. Yes the AI has advantages over you in terms of troop limits, spawning elite units etc., but you as the player have the ability to think rationally and the AI simply does not.

If it was an easy mod with fair and balanced rules then a lot of us would be playing something else.
  3. Crosby 4HyG

Sieging elacrai on Saturday at 5pm EST

Make a necklace out of their pointed ears.
  4. Crosby 4HyG

Favorite melee weapons

Masterwork Morningstar, nothing more satisfying for me than crunching through a shield xD
  5. Crosby 4HyG

Suggestion Thread for Post POP 3.6

Lot's of good arguments regarding the bows and crossbows and I'm in agreement with Loth's first statement. I know that the prefixes such as tempered and masterwork work on a multiplier system, (meaning the weapon's cost, accuracy, damage, and lvl req), are all based on the prefix which corresponds to the weapon; meaning a masterwork weapon is something like 4x more expensive than a cracked weapon of the same type.

My question is the same as Loth's; is this multiplier system hard-coded or is there potential to change it a bit without a lot of bother?
  6. Crosby 4HyG

If this has already been addressed then I apologize in advance, but can someone explain to me why certain bows which can exclusively be used on foot have such poor accuracy? For example a Masterwork Long Composite Bow has a max accuracy of 85 with somewhat weak damage of 33P, as well as a power draw req of 8. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that this could use some stat buffs, or perhaps dropping the str req by 1.
  7. Crosby 4HyG

Equipment Upgrades for Knights

This would make knighthood orders too OP.
  8. Crosby 4HyG

Just getting started, could use a little help.

If you're just now learning to play Warband I'd strongly suggest learning the basics before you try PoP. It's a mod for advanced players, you'll quickly find yourself frustrated if new to M&B.
  9. Crosby 4HyG

Archers don't shoot!

Why would you bring 90 Sarleon archers to seige a garrison of 300 in the first place? At least use RR's or EAC's, Sarleon bows won't help you against those odds.
  10. Crosby 4HyG

Prophecy of Pendor Tournaments are too hard!

Some tips about tournaments and combat in general:
    - Stay away from the Fierdsvain tournaments if you're having trouble, they are unquestionably the hardest due to lack of horses and smaller arena's, so you get rushed much faster.

- Don't forget that you can command your troops during tournaments, just like in battle, (although the commands won't appear on screen as they do in battle). I start most rounds by pressing f1 f2, so that my team will follow me instead of charging in all different directions. Then f1 f3 once the other teams are somewhat diminished. Also, f3 followed by f1 will tell your troops to hold fire if you want them to block instead of using their xbow. Let archers fire away though, since their dagger can't block.

- All melee weapons do maximum damage at maximum range, so it pays to try and hit enemies when they're just barely inside your weapon's reach. Especially for 2-h swords.

- Be wary of towns that have knighthood orders in their garrisons, as tournaments in those locations will be comprised of a good number of high level troops. I find the Knights of Eventide (Singal), and the Shadow Legion Centurions (Cez), to be the hardest but that's just me.
  11. Crosby 4HyG

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I usually only make Roland and Lethradian into lords, and allocate the rest of my unused fiefs to the most highly renowned Feird family. Roland doesn't complain if he's not given fiefs, and Lethradian has Noldor, so making him a lord is just removing one Noldor from your party and adding a bunch to your kingdom. I tend not to like giving fiefs to companions as much though, most of them are little greedy bastards.
  12. Crosby 4HyG

Let's attack Elacrai!

Wow really 100 relation doesn't even make a difference? That's very strange, can anyone with some PoP coding experience possibly post (in spoilers), how to extend this dialogue about more Noldor information?
  13. Crosby 4HyG

D'Shar tournaments are far from unfair, I consider fighting ranged units to be incredibly easy considering that the AI isn't smart enough to anticipate you moving laterally instead of forward. If you have a hard time dodging while mounted then dismount. Fierd tournaments are by far the hardest, but still don't need to be changed at all IMO, tournaments are fine.
  14. Crosby 4HyG

Let's attack Elacrai!

@Titus Pulo - Being on friendly terms with the Noldor was removed from the victory conditions in the 3.5 patch. Feel free to start an elf genocide if that's your kind of thing, or if you like watching red writing pile up on your screen. :grin:

@All the elf haters - Keep in mind that these guys have received nothing but contempt and violence from humans for many years, so for them to allow you into their most sacred place and allow you access to their troops/tournaments and even their second-hand items is pretty generous of them. I doubt most humans would do the same to a race that had been raping/murdering them for generations.

Now my question is has anyone been able to extend the dialogue with that smarmy elf weasel about more information regarding Noldor? I assume you need 100 relation to do so, but I wouldn't mind confirmation before embarking upon that endeavor.
  15. Crosby 4HyG

@Omega - I agree, allowing the option to simply rearrange all your perks whenever you decide you want to would take a lot of fun out of planning and building your character.

@Placenik - .... can you elaborate?
Back
Top Bottom