Recent content by crazyworm

1. crazyworm

Gekokujo: FAQ, Wiki, and Quick Help

yeah i downloaded fine its getting the GUI to work on main menu i still haven't got it fixed :sad:
  2. crazyworm

Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

aparently cant play any gekokujo my gui for the select game mode and saved data disappeared and i cannot find a fix for it  :cry: :sad: :sad:
  3. crazyworm

Gekokujo: Submods (Announce, Release, Comment, and Suggest)

matmohair1 said:
    Coraline said:
    I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a single African within a thousand Kilometers from Japan at the time for example.
    :idea: - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke

suke.jpg

tumblr_mxl7ebsOxS1qgfbgio5_r1_400.jpg

tumblr_mxl7ebsOxS1qgfbgio6_r1_400.png

1887611365_115cef49ee.jpg

u52a.jpg

Yasuke2.jpg

o0480036012561659130.jpg

p2.jpg

rrr.jpg

y2.jpg

0244.jpg

tumblr_mhl9iikh9N1qjoelxo1_1280.jpg

kurosuke.jpeg.png

1369679254851.png

me thinks someone wants to recreate Afro Samurai
  4. crazyworm

if you ask me removing some european faces and adding more asian complexion if anything
  5. crazyworm

custom banner sharing

for someone that like to swap periods and roleplay Bakumatsu period and are going to use that submodded kimono for shinsengumi i give you the Shinsengumi Banner/Sashimono

shinsengumi_zpslzta2nzg.png
  6. crazyworm

LQuinze said:
    Tuidjy said:
    You think that your commander is an idiot slowly walking his troops into withering fire instead of ordering a charge?  Ride behind him, put an arrow into his head. Instant charge.

Does this actually trigger a mass charge? It never seems to happen to enemy formations if I ride in and take out the enemy commander while the formation is assembling. I'll have to try this the next time I try using the freelancer feature. If it actually does that's hilariously fitting for a mod titled Gekokujo.

it depends on how many enemy commanders are on the field i had a battle were i had 4 lords on the enemy side wile we had myself and 5 other lords in freelancer where we each had about 40-60 troops per commander the 5 lords dwindled as the battle progressed and the enemy forces lost at least all 4 lords that first battle in a series of 5-6 battles it kept going till all troops died or wounded or ran off, the enemy after their lords was wounded would just charge us  till we won

total troop count was 510 our side 490 their side open field we had 8 lords on campaign 5 (including my commander) broke siege to intercept a 4 lord contingent attempting to aid the castle at siege. after the open field battle all remaining troops went and helped capture the castle with 310 troops left against a garrison and lord with 240 troops needless to say victory comes easy to the takeda when player is helping them win. AI vs AI battles seem to be random rolls till a battle is actually fought with player on field to be honest i dont mind the way the AI works makes things simple to find a way to fight to victory.
  7. crazyworm

Hasegawa_Taizou said:
    i've just updated the submod one more time. Now each clan has 2 types of banners - usual and rare.
    And - are there ideas how to improve the submod? I have a couple but it's interesting to listen to others.
    matmohair1 said:
    would be great to have an Ancient or Medieval Japan submod
    and what Gekokujo is?

i think what they mean is pre sengoku period mayhaps around Kamakura era or before.
  8. crazyworm

New map textures

ViriathusTG said:
    TeflonVonFancy said:
    Jusek said:
    Can't see any pictures, could you fix them?
    Are you clicking on the spoilers?
    yep

try right click and select open in new tap and the uploaded images has advert pictures on same link screwing up image posted
    edit: yup that fixed it problem solved ok going back to stalking forums
  9. crazyworm

AI is mostly the same tactics regardless the clan especially in a large battle usually they line ranged to the left and spear infantry to center and cavalry to the right they will then do 3 things
    1. hold the high ground if it is their advantage point
    2 if they cant get the high ground they will move across the field trying to find a advantage or close the gap at the enemy to find a way around to the enemys flank
    or 3 full charge if they have a numbers advantage/disadvantage

it is the same with native i believe cannot really alter the combat level of tactics AI. use only what part you play with your own men.

I usually allow the 2 AI to square off and hold my forces as vanguard behind main line if i have smaller men than my lords and allies forces or i will lead a separate line the opposite side of the field for the enemy AI to be split usually they charge my forces giving any allied forces their backs.
  10. crazyworm

Ichimonji Hidetora said:
    crazyworm said:
    i'm pretty sure that the Naginata the monks have are low quality you cannot take them away from them based on requirements as they historically used the naginatas as primary weapons.

Low quality? How's that?

usually the ones i get from them are cracked or rusty normal Naginata no balanced or better in their loot pool. so i assumed they are all equipped with low end versions. and to be honest the monks stats should be increased to the full extent of the naginatas requirements just for the reason they was meant to wield them.

if anything most npc troops seem a little underpowered for all their weapons they  was meant to use.
  11. crazyworm

I find it dificult to tell the difference between armours. (+colour issue)

LQuinze said:
    For some historical reading on this subject I highly recommend Sengoku Daimyo's Japanese armour overview. I especially recommend his page on various dô styles; it does a good job of explaining what terms like Mogami, Okegawa, etc. all actually mean alooked it over very interesting i liked how the author described in detail how each piece was laced and the thought of all the research that went into it all.nd come with very helpful pictures. Generally these terms refer to how the armour is laced and the overall appearance.

In terms of gameplay, the order from highest to lowest defence for torso armour is:

Nanban > Yukino****a=Kozane > Nuinobe=Hishinsui > Okegawa > Mogami > Okegawa Retainer=Faction Retainer=Okegawa Hara-Ate > Tatami > Tatami Hara-Ate

Note different armours have different strength requirements. Nanban, Yukino****a, and Kozane require 10 strength, Nuinobe and Hishinsui require 9, Mogami, Retainer, and Okegawa need 7. I may not be remembering everything exactly accurate, but that's a rough estimate of the order.

For helmets, the more enclosed they are, the higher the defence and weight. Most helms come in three versions that have progressively better defence: an open faced one, a version with either a mask or a maidate (decorative horns/crests), and a general's version that usually incorporates both a mask and maidate (the general versions are usually indicated in the name).
    i like it it is a good source. the author spent a lot of time researching and detailing even the minimalistic detail
  12. crazyworm

Sirion said:
    MariusThePaladin said:
    - If I choose to serve as Lay Monk, I got not wages. It's a 0 wages position. Even after i got promoted to spear monk or Naginata monk, my pay is still 0.

As far as I know,  as a Lay Monk you aren't paid at all by feature. You still profit from loot (both items and gold), however.

As for the bugs and features, I think that some of the naginatas in game have too high difficulty to be utilised by Onnabushi and Jimon Monk Warriors; or is that the NPC's are ignoring the weapons restirictions?

i'm pretty sure that the Naginata the monks have are low quality you cannot take them away from them based on requirements as they historically used the naginatas as primary weapons.
  13. crazyworm

gekokujo isnt about what ideals are right or wrong its just the term for something less becoming greater than what it was. so few of the lords of japan actually had achieved this Nobunaga and Hideyoshi both have by starting as common ashigaru. infact i only think that at least in sengoku period it was just the 2 but many have tried and failed.
  14. crazyworm

Hasegawa_Taizou said:
    btw i've updated the 2.9.6.x. file. Little fixes as always)
    crazyworm said:
    another source for info is wiki you can find all kinds of data based on fact
    data based on fact - ))) not propaganda you mean)))
    i suppose marxism isn't so dangerous for japan in 16 century)
    just on the contrary - i liked the explanation of Nobunaga's victory in that book)) it's also close to meaning of "gekokujo" but much more deep than just social changes

indeed. Most forget that Oda Nobunaga probably was not the only person personifying Gekokujo ideally another was Toyotomi Hideyoshi who started at the ranks of Ashigaru himself. you can find a lot by simple research,

as for Nobunaga's Victory at Nagashino many forget that Tokugawa Ieyasu had forces present there as well as they did have an alliance. many credit Nobunaga the victory only because his tactical decision to use massed Gunnery lines devastated the Takeda  and the Takeda Calvary Charge Takeda was famous for was halted before it began. And Most Historians like to glorify it as a beginning of a new age for japan and the modernization of japanese warfare. and in a way it was but they keep forgetting  that Oda Nobunaga had already embraced the use of guns and tactics for guns well ahead of the battle for Nagashino. it was just the first in japans age of gunpowder to be a decisive victory.
  15. crazyworm

Hasegawa_Taizou said:
    Airbar said:
    But now I went with it and played some time. Really great work on the submod because for some things I'm not particularly sure if they are "native" or part of the submod.
    at least i had enough knowledge not to make more shameful mistakes than the name of submod in it. Just follow history - and you'll make sucess. I have the book of USSR Academy of sciences about the 15-16 centuries in the world. History of all world's 15-16 century. And i just looked in the chapter about Japan and made or found in other mods all i saw there. That's the truth about this submod))).
    Ah, and Hanakoganei also helped me with translating some things.

another source for info is wiki you can find all kinds of data based on fact
Back
Top Bottom