Recent content by CrazyGeorge

1. CrazyGeorge

All thrust attacks should be couchable

Am I hearing this right? So all the medieval horsemen of the past who swung a sword or lance in the past should have had the same damage right back at them? Then there would have been no reason to be on a horse in past wars.

Usually those on horseback hit first and thus your dead or on the ground before your lance or sword touches them

Yes being on a horse does not mean you're immune to
    Am I hearing this right? So all the medieval horsemen of the past who swung a sword or lance in the past should have had the same damage right back at them? Then there would have been no reason to be on a horse in past wars.

Usually those on horseback hit first and thus your dead or on the ground before your lance or sword touches them

If a horse is running at speed into a spear it would be impaled yes.
  2. CrazyGeorge

All thrust attacks should be couchable

Should work vice versa with horses too. Why if a horse runs at me at speed it does 500 damage but I can't deal 500 damage back if I hold my spear up.
  3. CrazyGeorge

What happened to my Nords?

Possible part of a future expansion/invasion mechanic maybe.
  4. CrazyGeorge

I having problems with a game mechanic - Recruiting prisoners.

The stronger is the unit, the harder it is to recruit. I also noticed that Tier 5 and 6 cannot be recruited (at least from what I saw). They will stay in chain forever and never offer themselves to be recruited.

I usually keep tier 3 and tier 4 units for few days and they finally get converted after a while.
    Yeah you can't recruit tier 5 and above units. Not sure if it's intended
  5. CrazyGeorge

Caravans should be safe income source or not?

Just create a minor Merchant faction, so we can interact with it like organize special Trade Routs, Caravan Guards and Goods and make it optional if you want to use your Companions or not if you do so it should provide you bonuses to make it more attractive so like someone with good Trade Traits gives a Bonus to Gold income and a Companion with good Martial Skills improves the secutity of the Caravan.
    Yeah I like that idea if I could put focus points into my companions more reliably and their trade would actually rank up.
  6. CrazyGeorge

If you want to make bandits attack caravans you could add an ambushing system where parties can enter ambushing mode which make them possibly invisible if you lack scouting skill. Having light horse units allow you to spot possible ambushes too.
    Just simply slowing them down would eat their profits up too because they're slower walking from town to town as well as make them more vulnerable.
  7. CrazyGeorge

If you want to make bandits attack caravans you could add an ambushing system where parties can enter ambushing mode which make them possibly invisible if you lack scouting skill. Having light horse units allow you to spot possible ambushes too.
    One thing to add which I just thought of is that caravans don't really give you much in the form of wealth when you attack them as the player. You get more wealth off of prisoners and armour/weapons than actual trade goods.
  8. CrazyGeorge

I wonder what you think about one issue related to caravan's current situation.

I think this situation is not a good design because caravans are currently obviously OP and player has no fear of losing them. This make caravans a stable game element. There are nearly none caravan involved battle in map and this create lack of variety. I want to make caravans more desired targets so that bandits and minor mercenary faction lords (which player is in war with) will attack caravans even they are a bit weaker compared to it or even they are a bit far. So this will result in losing your caravan time to time (more than current situation). Of course this should not be very common. In average once in a year player can lose his/her caravan.

What do you think about this development idea? I know caravan owners will be a bit disturbed however we are trying to make game more exciting.

9. CrazyGeorge

I currently don't like the fact that you have to make one of your companions lead the caravan. Maybe if you had to employ a specific merchant company it would be more interesting. You could have ones that are more heavily armed and make less profit or companies that are more proficient traders but are more susceptible to attack.
    You could also add an insurance system to protect against any unforeseen circumstances but eat into your profits.
  10. CrazyGeorge

I currently don't like the fact that you have to make one of your companions lead the caravan. Maybe if you had to employ a specific merchant company it would be more interesting. You could have ones that are more heavily armed and make less profit or companies that are more proficient traders but are more susceptible to attack.
  11. CrazyGeorge

Sign's Priority list and Suggestions

Factions getting into strong diplomatic positions could definitely be interesting. But if we're going to have more peacetime we're going to need more content and meaningful things to do during peace. I think factions being in a perceptual state of war is somewhat intended because there's not much else to do.
  12. CrazyGeorge

Do clan parties automatically complete quests when they visit a village/town?

No I don't think so. I'm guessing the reason you're asking is because you see relations improving with villagers without you doing anything? That's because they are helping villagers who are being attacked by bandits. The relations improve usually by 1 or 2 compared to the 6 to 10 for completing quests.
    Pretty sure I've seen greater relation increases than that and seen quests disappear when they enter a village.
  13. CrazyGeorge

Need More Info Attacking a bunch of thugs in city crash

If you speak to a thug in one of the back alleys and kill them all you get the option to wait in town after which the game crashes.
  14. CrazyGeorge

Resolved Sneaking into town (25%) .. tried 64 times and didnt work

Happened to me as well 30% chance took about 15+ times.
  15. CrazyGeorge

A different perspective on XP gain.

My single player games last for weeks. 4 to 5 times faster LOL.... that's not a generational sandbox, that's an evening's play through while waiting to play Call Of Duty next time the boredom gets to intense. Are you sure you want to play this type of game? To most the game is ending far to quickly after snowballing at about 10 hours.
    As mentioned above it takes 30hours on the campaign map alone excluding any other activity for 50 in game years to pass. You can conquer the whole map twice over in 30 hours.

30 hours is around 6000 in game days I think an argument can be made to speed the aging process up.

Something that might seem stale though is the world does not really change much over the decades everything will stay the same. Same cultures/troops and towns etc.
Back
Top Bottom