Recent content by cpt_freakout

1. cpt_freakout

SP Fantasy Hammerlord

I like the new Orion, and he does look more like an Elf!

Re: Treemen - WOW! That looks incredibly intimidating hahaha... good work!!
  2. cpt_freakout

SP Fantasy Hammerlord

Yeah that's some good bling!!

If I may say so, Orion looks a bit like an Ogre there - have you tried making him a bit slimmer? At least his facial features, maybe? Just a thought, not trying to be negative :smile:
  3. cpt_freakout

SP Fantasy Hammerlord

Oh my god, this is looking amazing, and it's really exciting to see the leaps you're making progress-wise each day!
  4. cpt_freakout

SP Fantasy Hammerlord

Those are some pretty cool pics!

Jargon have you seen this? https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1823

Will help with those Boar Boyz, among other things...
  5. cpt_freakout

SP Fantasy Hammerlord

Looking excellent :smile:

You might want to check out a new mod that adds 2H Maces and Polearms (halberd-likes) to the game: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1742

Also, I assume you are aware, but in case you are not, it seems like this tool is quite useful for modifying troops based on Native: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/712?tab=description

Congrats on the latest release!
  6. cpt_freakout

SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

gsanders said:
      Hesha was correct.  I sent changes on June 28th but we ALL took a month off after that.  Look for next progress sometime in August.

I had a terrible complete computer failure that took a full month to sort out, but now I'm back it seems at just the right time! It's good too, 'cause I lost all my saves...  :facepalm:
  7. cpt_freakout

FrijolitoJR said:
    @Nameless.
    Some minor cosmetic bugs.(Some you are already aware , some not.)
    What happened to the ogre companion Uggluk?
    He was a proud chaos ogre in the past.

(Made me look into cheatmenu for his armor found none... Happened in GSanders submod, the rest in the orginal)
    Some races get problems with their arms when they die. The chaos gods again?

Some armors are missing legs(All aketons for example)

Some need to be rigged.

Hair issued in vampires and female characters.

Nothing to say about it.

While we're at it, I've also experienced the stretchy dead orc arms bug, unfortunately it seems to be relatively common, but it's definitely minor, at least to me.
  8. cpt_freakout

Alevort said:
    I don't find the nervous man for the quest in Gutspike, is it possible is missing? :sad:

Like Wendek says, even in native some of those nervous man quests are incredibly annoying. This one time I was playing Floris I took like 30 minutes in some Rhodok backwater to find him - he was really in the outskirts of town, beside a ruin and a tree, way out of the range I was used to finding them.In the bigger and more detailed maps they can be a pain in the ass.
  9. cpt_freakout

Holy crap that demigryph looks amazing! Well done!
  10. cpt_freakout

kraggrim said:
    Doombull:
    VKJ4F.jpg

Awesome, awesome stuff!
  11. cpt_freakout

I'm incredibly late to the discussion but re: bandit parties that are friendly to factions and hostile to players, for the High Elves I support the idea of members of the Cult of Pleasure, or even a reformed Cult of Khaine that preys on weak parties (they seem legit to the wider HE institutions, but in the down and dirty we all know they like to murder people). That way you have a bandit faction that really only works for the early game.
  12. cpt_freakout

Finally took today off to play more seriously with this thing! So just to give a non-bug-reporting post, I've been doing the Beastman dance and man, I've been having a blast! Their tree is pretty simple, which fortunately in this case is a strength, and I particularly dig Ungor Halfhorns, even though they're a bit hard to manage because I don't use a mount yet. However, the few skirmishes I've had with bandits and caravans (fought with Lords against smaller parties, but at barely 43 beasties strong I barely make a dent in the, um, chaos) have made me think the tree is quite solid. So far, I've got a couple tactics that I've been working with lots of success vs these smaller parties, and am starting to think how I'm gonna deal with, primarily, Bretonnia, much later in the game.

What I think I'll have to do is to keep an Ungor Warrior contingent (and quite a large one at that, maybe about 20% of the force) in order to use as basic anti-cavalry wall, in addition to the Gor line of shieldwall that's gonna have to charge right after the lil' guys die, hopefully having downed more than a few horses.

Another thing I'm thinking of is that the Tuskgor line is basically tank cavalry, at least from what I've seen them do in the battlefield. They don't seem to do much damage, but they can sure resist quite a lot in turn. So another option would be to have a relatively solid cavalry contingent (say, 10 to 15%) ready to charge into their infantry lines as soon as their own cavalry hits - since the Brets are not that great at handling cavalry, the Tusks might have some success in holding them off till the Knights are mostly dealt with.

Since Beastmen archers are a bit gimped right now, there's not much to do with them, but I get the sense that since they're quite fast, it might also be a good idea to keep them mobile, along with the rest of the light ungor infantry.

Anyway, just some random thoughts to occupy some non-bug space. I'm so glad this update is so, so good (really, the economy improvements are quite the thing) and that it's delivered so greatly.

BTW devs: If you ever want some dialogues or backdrop for the generic companions, I'm up for writing a few up. Just a few (also) generic lines to replace the "I've been waiting for you" thing that can immediately identify them as 'generic' while giving them a bit more personality. :smile:
  13. cpt_freakout

Elred said:
    Lords currently never defect according to the hotfix patch notes which feels kinda weird? I don't really like it.

It's basically a lore thing. Once you think that a Skaven lord could become a vassal of the Wood Elves, or a Tomb King lord of the Lizardmen, etc., it's not so weird. In the WH world most of these factions hate each other to the bone, and would never accept the allegiance of an enemy.
  14. cpt_freakout

@gsanders: I'll also try out your mod, but probably until late next week. I've barely been able to play regular Warsword, so you have to consider it's still new to all of us. It might not be new to you, but there's a ton of content to try out before we even know enough to notice the non-surface differences with your own version.

@Nameless and polloio: I tried making a Kislev char and noticed the fluff texts aren't there - I was wondering if I made them too long? I could make new versions if that's the case! :smile:

Unrelated to that, I'm actually enjoying the little I've been able to play without Freelancer. I hadn't realized how much of a crutch it was, to basically skip the early game entirely. I mean I did enjoy it, but I think I do enjoy it even more without it.
  15. cpt_freakout

So I've been noodling around after the hotfix with a new Beastman char (I'll make as many as it takes :grin:), and found two bugs:

Graphical:

HDWBp.jpg
    I ran into Erasmus, who is missing his arms and is stuck in a sort of rigid position.

Gameplay:

aNpvV.jpg
    EsHUm.jpg

The Village Elder bug was fixed for the other two Beastmen villages, but the Splint one turned into something weird. While the option to buy supplies is now available, the town is empty and the Elder was replaced with "merchants end", who appears to threaten you and then doesn't do anything. There are no Elder dialogues with him, so no option to buy cattle or ask for quests.

Unrelated to bug reporting: those Chaos Zealot skins are creepy as hell! I hadn't seen those guys, but now they've spawned all over the place (which is great 'cause it's an early bandit enemy) they're very cool, nicely done!
Back
Top Bottom