Recent content by Conners

1. Conners

Kenshi -- Like Mount&Blade mixed with Fallout and X-COM

Someone pointed out a cool indie game to me recently, which reminds me of mount and blade. If you google Let's play Kenshi, you could be able to find out if you'll like the game...
  2. Conners

When to Choose What Weapon [Melee]

Spears are more dangerous than people think, in that regard. If you're able to move backwards, it can be very hard for your opponent to get close without being stabbed. Even with a shield, there are a lot of places to thrust.
  3. Conners

Horns on helmets

Ancient drawings are a source.
  4. Conners

Whoops, forgot warhammers accidentally. Imagine they're in the list of weapon archetypes.

So far, I'm still not sure why axes would be preferable to swords. While there are some very cool techniques you can pull off, the same is true of swords.
  5. Conners

Horns on helmets

What is currently being contested? I thought the thread had broken down to more general discussion?
  6. Conners

Horns on helmets

Couldn't they have their crests break off?
  7. Conners

Horns on helmets

Is it just me, or do those helmets look like the horns are connected pretty weakly? Assuming they are, so that the horns aren't an impediment if they're snagged.
  8. Conners

With the various weapon archetypes, what situation would make you prefer one over the other? To be more clear, the archetypes are swords, axes, maces, spears, knives, poleaxes, and large axes and swords (just to be general). Based off some earlier discussions, I guess spears are generally the...
  9. Conners

Armoured Codpieces

Has no one ever come across accounts, manuals, or reconstructions where armoured codpieces are useful? I guess modern-day sports cups show that the principle can work.
  10. Conners

Armoured Codpieces

Look up armoured codpiece on google. Those are the ones I have seen, haven't been able to see pictures of any other kinds.
  11. Conners

Armoured Codpieces

Codpieces started off as a fashion, begun by Henry the 8th.

The only armoured codpieces I can find are for plate armour sets.
  12. Conners

Armoured Codpieces

Heard of armoured codpieces. Are they effective? I'm not sure whether they work as protection, or whether they're just a fashion statement. Also, anyone know if they make moving in plate armour awkward?
  13. Conners

Horns on helmets

More preposterous helms have been used.
  14. Conners

Horns on helmets

If they did it properly, there shouldn't be any imbalance, unless they were in a really weak stance. The amount of force to put you dangerously off balance should be more than the amount of force required to remove the crests.

Oskatat said:
    and no, ww2 accuracy isn't overrated. Most shot wildly, or over the heads, whatever. so did the germans, so did the allies. I'm talking about privates who don't really want to be there and german troops who hae been drafted but don't believe in the cause anymore. Most people always hope to force the enemy to surrender. Killing them to the last man is bad for morale. Yeah you won and are alive. Maybe next tine they do it to you.
    I might contest this on exact amounts, but I agree with the general sentiment.
  15. Conners

Horns on helmets

Couldn't they hollow out the horns near the base, so they'd be likely to snap off if they were tugged or hit with force?

I think people exaggerate when talking about soldiers not aiming when they shoot. That, or they're thinking of the times when you can't even see the enemy, shooting at a patch of trees across the road.
Back
Top Bottom