Recent content by ClayBullet

1. Resolved Scene Editor Map Pathfinding Error - SandBox.MapScene.GetNavigationMeshCenterPosition(PathFaceRecord face)

Yes, I found it after finishing the hard way.. And I confirm that they didn't fix the CheckPositions crash.
    Again, thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my posts. It is greatly appreciated.
  2. Discussion Suggestion Settlement distance limit is breaking custom map mods.

Oh thank you so much. I am relatively new to this community and there are still many community patches that I am unaware of.

I will apply it and report back if it works as well. Again, thank you so much
  3. Discussion Suggestion Settlement distance limit is breaking custom map mods.

I found another solution that may be related to the distance problem, in my case there were so many settlements that I simply don't know which one was giving the distance problem.
    I managed to solve it, although being honest it's a bit messy and I'm looking for a more optimal solution.
    In my case the error came from a bug in the DefaultMapDistanceModel script in the GetDistance function inside the dll TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem, which caused one of the settlements to come to null and crashed the game.
    Putting that if the settlement is null return the maximum distance resolved the error.

public override float GetDistance(Settlement fromSettlement, Settlement toSettlement)
    {
    if (fromSettlement == null)
    {
    Debug.Print("From Settlement is a null value");
    return MaximumDistanceBetweenTwoSettlements;
    }
    if (toSettlement == null)
    {
    Debug.Print("To settlement is null");
    return MaximumDistanceBetweenTwoSettlements;
    }

To apply this change you will need to modify the TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem dll library, which I recommend you do with extreme caution.
  4. Resolved Scene Editor Map Pathfinding Error - SandBox.MapScene.GetNavigationMeshCenterPosition(PathFaceRecord face)

I have found the error. I forgot that when changing a settlement site you have to set the coordinates manually in the settlement.xml.
    I resolved the error. How I can mark the thread as solved?
  5. Resolved Scene Editor Map Pathfinding Error - SandBox.MapScene.GetNavigationMeshCenterPosition(PathFaceRecord face)

Thank you for your response. It is not exactly when I remove the path, but when I remove a vertex from the pathfinding.
    It happens only if I remove a single vertex from the pathfinding, if I remove the face it doesn't seem to care.
    I do not remove any of the line paths.
    Happens when I try to create a new game.
  6. Resolved Scene Editor Map Pathfinding Error - SandBox.MapScene.GetNavigationMeshCenterPosition(PathFaceRecord face)

Hello everyone. I am in the process of developing a mod, which requires its own world map. For this I copy the map from the Vanilla version, take it to another module and start working with it. I keep the same name so that my map overwrites the base game map. I also copy the distance_cache_bin...
  7. Resolved General Crash in spnpccharactersplayer

Oh. I see my error. The problem is the NpcCharacter section is incorrectly closed.

This is the wrong and crash the game.
    Code:
    XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <NPCCharacters>

<NPCCharacters/>
    This is the correct version.

Code:
    XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <NPCCharacters>

</NPCCharacters>

Anyway, thank you so much.

I didn't realise until I prepared the separate module to send you.
  8. Resolved General Crash in spnpccharactersplayer

Thanks for your answer. I will create a new module and try to replicate the error.
    That will take me a while. I will let you know when I have it.
  9. Resolved General Crash in spnpccharactersplayer

I want to overwrite the character names and their stats in my mod, but when I put the <NPCCharacters> in the spnpcharactersfile in my module it always crashes, even if I put it empty with nothing in between. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <NPCCharacters> <NPCCharacters/> Thank you...
Back
Top Bottom