Recent content by Charlemagne

1. Charlemagne

SP - General African Inspired Faction

Ah yes, the infamous conquerors of Africa THE MONGOLS
    They brought gunpowder to the western hemisphere and then whoops.
  2. Charlemagne

ERROR:COMMENT_STRING?

Does anyone know what causes this?
  3. Charlemagne

Please give shields to every faction's tier 2 infantry

Exactly. Aserai tier 2s are just cannon fodder
  4. Charlemagne

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops African Inspired Factions

If they were to put in a African peoples. "West africa" location at the bottom is open!
    94zy8bm.png
    That would be perfect! And then there would be another faction to rival the aserai and the themes would transition well!
  5. Charlemagne

Is the grass suppose to look like this??? (Graphical Glitch?)

Farcry New Dawn assets may have slipped in...
    oh no oh god no
  6. Charlemagne

Linking prosperity with food production creates an inescapable downward spiral for fiefs

One linked to the other wouldn't be bad, prosperity being affected by food shortages for example but not vice versa.

But when both are linked with each other they reinforce each other exponentially to the point it's impossible to escape, and you're destined eventually to have a fief with zero prosperity, food, or loyalty.
    It is honestly so hard to manage cities that I vote to give them to other people at this point.
  7. Charlemagne

I think an iron age African faction inspired by the civilizations of Sunni Ali and Mansa Musa would be a refreshing addition to the game which offers players new play styles optimal for skirmishers.
  8. Charlemagne

Please shut the mouthes of the NPCs and stop giving all females that assymetry mouth...

That's all I really want, every other critique or bug in the game is handled by people with more time and insight.
    I'm just sick of slackjawed lobotomization victims and their eternal open mouth.

Also, someone at Taleworlds probably has a thing for that look in women, where one side of the lip is raised a bit and all that, you know, Rageas look and every other womans too.
    Bro/Sis, I get you, I actually kinda like it, myself, but ...less is more, it really is.
    I would usually not whine about such a thing, but it just keeps taking me out of the game.

That is all. Thank you for reading and hopefully your consideration.
    Honestly for some reason most of the female models look brain dead. It was hard to find one i felt comfortable marrying because i was too worried she would forget where she left our kids.
  9. Charlemagne

Is the grass suppose to look like this??? (Graphical Glitch?)

I think somethings wrong. I started to maul imperials and it looked like i just committed an atrocious murder against Kool Aid man's blue raspberry cousin.
  10. Charlemagne

What are you even talking about Charlie. Most medieval games are set in Europe, which is exclusively not Africa. Furthermore, African kingdoms didn't sack Rome, invade the British Isles or hate the French. Which are all general themes Western Medieval games use. I don't understand why you have struggles understanding this, it's not like we're talking about horses.
    I think medieval africans would make a cool addition to a medieval game. That is all. I do not want to derail the thread onto historical inaccuracy, and I encourage you to do the same. Just imagine this:
    begharmi-lancers.jpg
  11. Charlemagne

Black African Faction

+1
    Hope to see one in a mod or DLC
    agreed
  12. Charlemagne

Black African Faction

I think it would be a great idea the problem is the terrain and geography of sub Saharan Africa made the European medieval advances in armor and metallurgy unnecessary so they never had to develop the sophisticated armor and weaponry of Europeans. A battle between any African empire at this time and the Europeans at this time would be a slaughter of Africans if it’s fought in Europe and would be a slaughter of Europeans if it’s fought in Africa due to the climate and terrain. If they make the troops properly they’d be welcome, a lot of lightly armored spear infantry with javelins and high athleticism could be good units in wooded areas but on the plain it’s a slaughter. Also there’s records of those empires (Mali, Ghana, Songhai) having female regiments so that could also be a neat addition.
    That would be amazing. I want specific light, faster units due to the lack of horses and style of hunting. Also I didnt know about female regiments thats really cool.
  13. Charlemagne

Black African Faction

So after not beeing able to sleep for 3 hours I come back to 17 pages of this, lol.

Yeah I saw you post that like a dozen times and imsomnia was keeping me awake anyway so I have taken a looksy. They had no significant presence in EUROPE. Which is what people are getting at. Noone is denying (I think) that Africa dident have big and influencual empires. On Africa they were inmense powerhouses. They werent however influencual in Europe.

And seeing as Calradia is a representation of major factions from Europe's history where they are all co-excisting they kinda dont belong to the list of factions that are present. Noone is saying that someting akin to Africa cant be a faction in Calradia, they are just pointing out that it would be misplaced. As well as the other fact that they arent in the game yet so are unlikely to get added now.

@Charlemagne sucks to hear about your history classes mate. I can appreciate that you want to see some representation when you explain it. But the problem with our global society nowadays is that some words get....stained. Representation is one of those words because it gets co-opted by people to further their agenda. Thats why people call you an SJW. They see certain words beeing used and probably got into 1 to many bad arguments with people that they dident like.

Im all for the inclusion of more factions but as DLC, adding factions now would be to much of a distraction for the dev team. Lets see them make Bannerlord an amazing game and then modders or future DLC can build ontop of that! :mrgreen:
    Thank you. No i am no sjw, i dont have any agenda, I just didnt know what other word to use. That is a nasty word though you are right. Is it better to say present?
  14. Charlemagne

Black African Faction

Ah sorry, I thought you said something else. There are a lot of other great african kingdoms with majority of black people that they could use.
    Although I have to disagree with the discrimination part. Al-Idrisi, for instance, has some nasty quotes on black people.
    No meant like they didnt discern africans from eachother. Im sure they were discriminatory
  15. Charlemagne

Black African Faction

If you want to add it because it's cool, then just say so. Don't beat around the bush with the realism aspect because most ppl here would disagree with you when it comes to realism, and they would probably be right. Also calling people ignorant weren't helping your case either.
    If you think it's cool, make a suggestion about it being cool. That's it.
    Its cool
Back
Top Bottom