Recent content by CBeetle

1. CBeetle

Stop Raging At Clans For Playing In Groups - They Aren't The Problem

Having a clan tag next to your name doesn't make you good. I'll just say that.

If anything, fighting a stack should give you a sense of challenge. Step up and play harder. Prove to them and yourself that you are better.

Communication certainly helps teams coordinate, but are you really upset about the fact that people are talking to each other and you're not talking with your team? Cmon..

Voice chat would be funny, but there are a lot of weird ass people in this game, I'd rather stick with the devils I know.
  2. CBeetle

Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.4

I think it was like, what, 2 or 3 games that came out prior to BL that were 100% what captain mode essentially is? I'm pretty sure the games were dead on arrival.. Tiger Knight, Conquerors Blade, blanking on the other names, but they're there.

You wanna talk about why cap mode is a meme? It's because cap mode is hot garbage.

The entire Warband community. The diehard's. The Clans. The community organizers. The people who kept Warband alive (and still do) focused gameplay around Battle (A better version of skirmish) mode and Siege. Which frankly, are the two modes BL f--ked up pretty hard.

Cap Mode is meme. It is not a game mode that will bring longevity to the game, because fighting against Ai is boring as f--k. Unless you're a super casual. I understand it, like, single player is against Ai too, and you wanna have those single player battles in multiplayer with other people commanding troops, I get it. But its f--king boring to the majority of players who are going to actually stick around for the long term.

Hmm, its like.. being really good at Teeball, and then getting upset when major league players make fun of adults still playing TeeBall.
    Teeball isn't going to keep this game alive upon release. Fighting clunky Ai with your own clunky Ai is not appealing, and has already murdered at least 2 games upon release. Learn from their mistakes.

The reason people are so pissed off about it all, is because we f--king LOVE Warband, and the sequel to the game right now is a mess, and is catering to a fantasy playerbase that the devs made up in their heads, rather than the actual player base that is here and desperately trying to give them input into what they loved about warband.

And if you're a cap mode junkie who is offended by this post, good. You are outnumbered by many, many, many people.

-edit-
    In fact, this whole meme talk reminds me of Nap Wars players coming into vanilla warband. Nap Wars was the memes for Warband too, because 99% of the playerbase on NapWars had no idea how to fight with a sword.
  3. CBeetle

Current Issues being working on

Updates are good.
    Remove crush through please. The majority of players were against the idea when it was suggested, and they still seem to be. Why was it added..It's just not a good mechanic, sorry.
    It was bearable in warband with the maul because it was a meme, and the maul had zero range.

-edit- Oh, also I'd like to start making maps, please release the map editor asap <3
  4. CBeetle

WHY IS THE NA SERVER GETTING BETTER PING FOR EURO PLAYERS?

Ping is reliant upon geographical location. No reason why anyone in EU should have better ping than someone in Texas connecting to NA. That being said, if your ping is really 100+ from Texas, then I would guess there is an issue with your ISP.. I live in Hawaii, and I get 130 stable ping. Now, 130 ping is straight asscheeks for an NA player, but its based on my distance of the server. From Texas, you should have at most 80ms ping.
  5. CBeetle

Spear to cav

Honestly bracing probably wont even be necessary, unless you wanna get a trick play in, because just stabbing the cav actually works now. That being said, having done a little bit a of testing as a cav player, its pretty annoying to reach past a braced inf, where as you can actually stab the inf in the face if they try and stab you (not braced). So a smart inf could use that to their advantage.
  6. CBeetle

1.5 State of throwing weapons

Javs are in a good place now. They are slower, less accurate, and harder to land. If you seriously think they were in a good place prior to this beta patch, you have no clue what you're talking about, and you should reconsider your life choices.. The simple fact that they were SO good compared to the rest of the kit says something. The reason why everyone and their grandmother threw a jav says something. They were broken before. You will never come up with an argument that convinces me otherwise.. There just isn't one.

Now they are more like warband javs, which are objectively in a good place. The only thing I would change about the current update, is to increase the ready time juuuust a little bit so you at least feel like you can react to an opportunity to throw them at someone. But the accuracy being total ass outside of that sweet spot is perfect. Hell, even in warband if you had the windup timed perfectly, they'd still fly off to the left or right at times. Even a professional pitcher doesn't always throw strikes.

On top of that, prior to the accuracy nerf, people would throw javs and shoot arrows at horses more then they stab them, now I am not sure yet whether its is a good or bad thing that our dear horses will be inevitably attacked less prior to them going in for a kill. I'm leaning towards this being a good thing, since spears now work properly and actually stop cav coming in, this means that you'll need a spear inf near an archer for that archer to feel safe in any way, which honestly, should be the case. It was pretty bull**** to be on a cav and have 3 javs tossed at you from range and kill your horse before you've even made a move on the enemy. At least now if you go in and catch a spear, that's your own damn fault as a cav player.

Oh, and I think the archer shooting speed is a little too slow now as well, that could probably be increased just a little more again. Running a bow other than the fastest one of the kit feels like it takes a year to ready. My problem with archers previously wasn't the fire rate, it was the accuracy and the damage. I think the draw speed could be increased a little more again.

My problem with javs previously absolutely was the fire rate (ready to throw, draw rate, whatever you want to call this), accuracy, damage, and abundance. You've effectively fix'd javs in my book. I am happy about this.
  7. CBeetle

Windup speed throwing weapons

Its both, honestly.
  8. CBeetle

What Graphics Card is Everyone Running?

what do you use the 64gb for
    I do a lot of rendering in blender/unity/unreal engine, as well as video editing. Also, 4 rgb sticks looks sexier than 2. Might as well go balls out.
  9. CBeetle

What Graphics Card is Everyone Running?

Ryzen 9 3900x, 64gb 3600hz ram with a Aorus 2070 Super. I still play the game on medium w/ shadows/sunshafts turned off because it runs better that way. xD

But the game is gorgeous at full settings, thats for sure. If you can fix the problem with being completely unable to see anything at all in a dark room (which is why everyone turns shadows off) and tone down the glare you get when leaving said dark room, i'd bump those settings up again for sure.

Also, this is the only game that when streaming to twitch, any foliage in the game just kills the bitrate and makes everything grainy as hell. That could be my own net issues though, but it is specific to Bannerlord ?‍♂️
  10. CBeetle

Do YOU want crush through on all 2h weapons in MP?

Not how strong they are so much as how easy they are compared to the other things. None of those mechanics are hindered by the terrible block delay or movement speed, making it much easier to do well.
    ^ This. What makes these things strong, is how simple they are to do, even with terrible ping. Which means if you have good ping, they are even easier to do. Hence why you see the 'meta' based around these things.
  11. CBeetle

I played the game using GeForce Now first and I had approximately 150 ping. It’s true that inf is unplayable (you can’t block any feint unless you have a shield) but archery is still super easy to play with that ping. It actually feels more like Warband because you have to guess where the opponent will be instead of just point click. Cavalry was harder for normal hits but couches were still super easy given the fact that the horse moves your enemies on your couch for you. So yes ping is terrible for infantry but not really for archery and cav.

Cav/Archery/Jav throwing are about the only things that work with high ping. Which really just points out how strong those things are.

My comment on ping was more directed towards the people who complain about high ping in the tournament, or who have 70 ping and are acting like they lag really hard. Ultimately, I just want west coast servers so I can feel privileged too :3
  12. CBeetle

i used to play games for years with 300-1000 ping, 140 is completely playable, dont cry you little ***** boy
    I wrote out a response for this, but i'll just let your username speak for how much of a toxic incel you are.
  13. CBeetle

My ping is as bad, if not worse than a Euro player, and I live in the US.. I'm tired of having 130-140 ping because I live in Hawaii and all the servers on on the East coast.. West coast servers please. Thanks. <3

It's also pretty funny to hear people complain about lag. Ya'll don't even know the half of it.

Honestly I feel like a large number of players don't even play Bannerlord at the moment simply because they have crap ping. I'm sure most people in the tourney are from central or east coast. The community is so small because it's localized to 1/3rd of the country. I'm curious to see how everything will change when we finally have a fair playing field.

Also, please for the love of god.. Don't put crush through on anything other than a warhammer. People already abuse the damage multiplier by spinning and what not, which means crush through is going to be rampant if it isn't done right. TDM, or as I like to call it, noob town, is already full of 2hr's spamming left and right swings all day (snooze). The big fear about the crush through for a lot of people is the thought of being even more unable to block attacks from people. I guess we'll see what it shakes out to be.. But initial thoughts do not give a good impression on the idea.
  14. CBeetle

Cav shields

I'd be a supporter of anytime a cav slaps a wall at the speed that causes their horses head to comically thrash backwards, that cav actually takes significant damage. Also if horse jumps off a damn roof, it should take more damage. Been seeing flying cav on that map with A up on top the tunnel. Pretty sure that calls for some broken horse legs, or maybe even a dismount.

Would actually be pretty interesting to see an inf get dismounted when a cav is stopped suddenly from full speed, whether by wall, fall, or spear, and not just when the horse dies. I think it was RDR2 that had something like that? Horse hits a small fence and sends you flying because you didn't jump? Could make for cav needing to actually think before charging, and focus more on speed changes, and give another avenue for infantry to deal with a horse. Would also make infantry a real big threat to a cav, since spears do actually stop cav sometimes. They'd not KILL the horse, but they'd dismount and then kill the rider on a good stop. Hmm.. Just thinking out loud in text here.

I think the health pools of horses are being adjusted in the next patch. Seem to remember that being stated on another thread.
Back
Top Bottom