Recent content by callahan9119

1. callahan9119

Can anyone point me towards a tutorial on how to create a module with edited unit trees?

I know how to edit the xml in spnpccharacters.XML, but I don't know how to make it a mod that overrides vanilla. All I want is to edit the units with more diverse armor, so they don't look like clones, but have something saved and moduler so every update doesn't mess up the file. I had hope my...
  2. callahan9119

Need More Info Bad textures all around Dunglanys.

There is an option in Steam to verify game files, no need to reinstall all. Right click on game -> properties-> local files-> verify integrity of files.
    I verified the files and it's still like that. Others on reddit have the same problem in the exact same location.

If I start a new game it's not like that. I guess it's not save game compatible with the update.
  3. callahan9119

Hey, can you please delete the "Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" file and verify the integrity of the game files? If the issue is persistent please share a visual of the issue and let me know.
    You want me to delete and reinstall bannerlord?
  4. callahan9119

seems to be related to Terrain Quality, when setting it to low the purple squares disappear
    I have a high end machine and have the settings to max.

Oh, nm I misread your post.
  5. callahan9119

Summary: Purple textures that have x's and say error all around Dunglanys. Others on reddit with the same issues. How to Reproduce: go outside dunglanys. Have you used cheats and if so which: Scene Name (if related): Media (Screenshots & Video): https://ibb.co/qptmWXM Computer Specs: OS: GPU...
  6. callahan9119

In Progress Weird blue ghosts on campaign map.

I went through every option. It's a problem that occurs whenever Nvidia dlss is enabled.
  7. callahan9119

In Progress Weird blue ghosts on campaign map.

Summary: blue ghost images of parties appearing on the campaign map. How to Reproduce: Have you used cheats and if so which: Scene Name (if related): Media (Screenshots & Video): https://ibb.co/T21Gf1s Computer Specs: they're good. OS: GPU: GPU Driver Version: CPU: RAM: Motherboard: Storage...
  8. callahan9119

Need More Info No "switch weapon usage" with controllers.

Is it directly switching to a First-person camera with the controller at the moment? Will forward it.
    There was a similar problem when Warband was released on consoles. It was assigned to pressing the left stick, but so many people complained about accidentally pressing it, that they patched it to allow you to completely disable it in the options.

In Bannerlord you must hold down the left stick for 2 seconds for it to switch, but when you are in a tournament getting beat on by two opponents or any other intense fight you will CONSTANTLY switch views accidentally, causing death etc.

Please just let us completely disable first person switching in the options.
  9. callahan9119

We have just tested this on PC build. It is R1 on our end. You don't need to hold the button, pressing it once will change the weapon mode.
    You are correct, my bad for being so sassy. But please pass it along that we need an option to disable first person view switching. It's so easy to accidentally go into first person mode on accident very bad situations.

Thanks for helping me resolve this issue.
  10. callahan9119

IT should be R1 button. Could you try if that works?
    No, the R1 button allows you to switch between your equipment. It does NOT allow you to switch the mode of thrown weapons to melee use for instance. There is no binding for that, which is a HUGE oversight.

There's no reason that cheers, etc are bound to the d-pad, but we have nothing to switch weapon mode. This should be a priority fix.
  11. callahan9119

Summary: There is currently no way to switch throwing weapons or lances to their alternative usage, melee/couch when using a controller. This is a huge problem. It should be assigned to the D-pad instead of cheers. Also please allow us to completely disable first person in the options. It will...
  12. callahan9119

Delete

Delete
  13. callahan9119

Need advice for a new player.

If you join the Aserai they are likely not going to give you aserai fiefs, but give you fiefs they conquer from other factions, so this -loyalty on fiefs isn't important for this. You should look over the culture perks at the games start. I like the Battanian one very much and think the rest are garbage. If you plan on being in the desert a lot though, the Aserai one might be useful. However likely most of you warfare will be in foreign faction's areas taking their stuff and chasing them around there.

Bow is really useful, throwing is..... not as useful.... you can always just carry some throwing weapons for fun anyways though. When push comes to shove being able to use a good bow can get a lot of work done.

It will work. Lots of ranged in a good position is the most important part of battles in Bannerlord. The Horse archers in this game are also very useful (unlike warband) and serranid's Aserai's got them too. Even sieges are much easier with more ranged units in a good position.

I haven't tried a controller so I don't know what problems there might be, but I think it's fine to use 2 groups. I think of Bannerlord tactics as you have the bait and the gun, 1 thing is engaging or attracting the AI's attention while another thing does ranged damage on them. Even with 5 or 6 groups this is still what's going on, just with more intricate firing positions.
    Thanks for this. I ended up taking the Empire culture because people said take the culture of the people you plan to fight. Hopefully it wasn't a blunder.
  14. callahan9119

Choose whatever culture you'd like. The map doesn't take very long to cross at all and you have enough food to do it like two or three times over at game start.

Throwing is inferior to archery because you can kill a lot more dudes with archery. Both because you get a lot more arrows than throwing weapons and because it is far, far easier to use a bow. HOWEVER, it will never not be hilarious to yeet a mother****er off his horse with a javelin.

Massing archers and cavalry will work, especially Aserai cav. They have javelins that will basically one-shot almost anything on the battlefield short of an armored horse but they are best used with a bit of micro (hold fire, personally leading their charge) to get maximum effect out of their volleys.
    Someone on reddit said you get negative something for being the wrong culture.
  15. callahan9119

Focus on what you enjoy the most, and the gameplay will be more fun. You don't need to optimize or go for the best. Just enjoy the game the way you want to play it.

Massing archers and cav might work for some battles, but in my opinion, having a varied army almost always wins the day.
    My problem is I use a controller, so I don't know if I can control a bunch of different groups with how controller support is (not) optimized atm.
Back
Top Bottom