Recent content by -Caesar

1. -Caesar

My Bannerlord Feedback

+1 Agree, maybe add some fist fights or boardgames to villages

Village fight clubs would be cool! I think they have board-games at the taverns in the towns, but I guess there's no reason why villages can't have some too.
  2. -Caesar

My Bannerlord Feedback

I'd suggest to only display the resources icons if the character has already asked people in the village about it, though. So it gives some reasons to visit places and speak to people and increases interaction with the world rather than having all informations available from thin air.

(in fact, I think there should be more "down to earth" interaction like that, the character is more and more removed from the game world it seems)

That's not a bad idea! You're right the player character should probably have to discover what resources the village produces (whether visiting the village directly, or asking people at the local town, or raiding the village, etc.).
  3. -Caesar

My Bannerlord Feedback

Yes but a adrenaline pumped and afraid human react to absolutely everything. It's a hard one, in real life I think some would react and some wouldn't but that's not the best design either.

Yeah, fair I guess so. I'm sure they could make it a bit more random as to who reacts and who doesn't. Or at least make it so they can't turn around so quickly. Currently they do a total 180 almost instantly and zero in with pinpoint accuracy on exactly where the horse and rider is to strike back.
  4. -Caesar

My Bannerlord Feedback

This would have been unrealistic if horses moved silently, which they don't.

Yeah but in the heat of battle with blood, guts, gore and screaming/yelling men around you. Horses hooves pounding all about you... very unlikely with the adrenaline pumping and you charging at an enemy that you would be able to hear the horse behind you and instantly turn around and strike it without falling over or slipping (particularly when fully armoured).
  5. -Caesar

My Bannerlord Feedback

Lots of good points I agree with, especially the disappointment in the character/skill/perk system and of course those looter rocks (armor problems).
    I like the idea of getting more control in where your attributes and FP goes in char creations.
    YMMV with trade though, many find it to becomes very slow or impossibly to raise the skill up after awhile , though that doesn't mean you can't make early money.

Yeah so, just to be clear, I'm not talking about how quickly you level trade. I'm just talking about how easy it is to make quite a bit of money with trade from day 1 compared to other ways of making money. They probably ought to make the perk that marks your profits and marks the average price of goods be a little higher in the perk tree, but again I'm in favour of them totally reworking the levelling/attribute/perk system in line with what I wrote in my original post.
  6. -Caesar

My Bannerlord Feedback

I won't be holding my breath for this. I'm pretty sure Taleworlds hate spear. Look at the patch note for beta1.5.5, the one time spear wielders are effective, they straight up remove the spears.

That's the whole point of spear, it allows even relatively untrained and poorly equiped people to fight effectively.

Well they should really be looking at buffing cavalry when they charge into the sides/rears of units, rather than nerfing spears.

One thing I've noted that REALLY annoys me and that, if changed, should make cavalry more effective, is that units have a sixth sense about what's coming up behind them in the heat of battle. You might see some units running away from you and towards other units, so you decide to charge them down with your horse and right as you get close to them and are about to swing they pivot around and attack you. It's really annoying/unrealistic. Changing that would probably make cavalry better when they get the flanks on units, without having to nerf the ability/attack potential of spearmen when they are facing the enemy.
  7. -Caesar

My Bannerlord Feedback

You can hover a mouse cursor over a village and the lowest line indicates what village's specialization is. Grain/Flux/Sheep etc.
    But yeah a clearer colored icon would be very useful.

Yeah, I know that's what I've been doing. Just that icons would make it much easier/better.
  8. -Caesar

My Bannerlord Feedback

Some additional feedback I have...

MAP ICONS

Villages and towns should each have little coloured icons next to their names which indicate the primary good they produce (for villages), if any notable quests are available, if any higher-tier retinue troops are available, if the town is under siege, and lastly if the village is being raided with a different icon for when a village has been raided and is abandoned (one that fades the closer the village gets to coming 'back online' as it were).

I find it very difficult to see what villages produce what at a glance, particularly at night time. Icons would help immensely, they'd also help in being able to see at a glance if villages have quests or retinue troops available without having to manually go and check every single one.

ROCK DAMAGE

Looter throwing rocks do entirely too much damage (at least when the game is set to 'realistic' player damage).

Whether wearing armour or not, these things do a heck of a lot of damage. The average brick weighs 5lbs (about 2kgs), I don't know if any of you have ever tried throwing a brick... but you can't really throw them very far or very accurately. Now these rocks are smaller (let's say the size of a baseball), so maybe it's possible to throw them further and a bit more accurately... but only because they weigh less and should therefore do less damage.

One issue is that every rock that hits you seems to be calculated as hitting you squarely, as in there's no glancing hits if the rock hits you at an angle even though in real life it might glance off your arm and do less damage. Another issue someone pointed out to me is that throwing rocks count as blunt damage which makes them more effective against armour, when really they should be less effective against armour and do far less damage.

Anyway I think the damage balance of rocks, the distance they can be thrown, the accuracy of the looters throwing them, and how the hits translate into damage (i.e. if it's a glancing hit as opposed to square, dead-on hit) should really be reconsidered.

BUGS, OVERSIGHTS AND MISCELLANEOUS
    • A bug I encountered is that when setting different troops to different formations (e.g. setting some infantry to be 'Skirmishers') on some maps they spawn really far away from you and the rest of your troops, resulting in them being slaughtered by the enemy quite quickly.
  9. -Caesar

My Bannerlord Feedback

This is really accurate and well-written feedback. Many cool suggestions.
    I would like to see more challenging tournaments with better prizes, too.

For the pack animals thing, there's actually an icon in the description when you hover the mouse on a horse. There are two icons: a "bag" means they're intended for carrying goods, a "horse head" means they give a small speed boost to infantry units.

Ah, cool! It would be great if that were made a bit more clear. Maybe if the icons were coloured?
  10. -Caesar

My Bannerlord Feedback

These are just my thoughts and opinions. I really enjoyed Warband, and like Bannerlord a lot. Lots of potential. I played it a bunch when it first released in early access and didn't stop until around patch 1.3 I think. I recently came back to play a bit on patch 1.5 (the latest beta)...
Back
Top Bottom