Recent content by Brony

1. Brony

TML Submod 1.21 for Brytenwalda 1.40 (Updated 11/27/2012)

Do you know how to make it so you're able to renounce your oath from your liege while keeping your settlements? I haven't gotten to that stage yet but I've heard that people have had those problems.
  2. Brony

Taking Over the Mod

Porting to multiplayer as an alpha is not the same as trying to take over the whole project and continue everything. He wants to release content the Lynores' made for the benefit of the public. The line should be drawn there though.

Don't release the other content. The Peloponnesian war was obviously not centered around Rome or Ancient Macedonia, but Ancient Greece as a whole. I don't think this is what Lynores was trying to do here, and he has been on and off several times in a few other projects.

If he really wants it, he can put it as a submod, or a companion file as some sort of optional download. However, he should make it very clear that it is not affiliated with Lynores' work.
  3. Brony

Warband 1.151 not tested on Brytenwalda 1.393

I would say that 1.151 seems to be fairly compatible with Brytenwalda. There are few bugs indeed. I probably am not going to install 1.152, and 1.153 (why are they making so many patches at once?!) until the next version/hotfix (maybe) is released of Brytenwalda. Besides, the game is very stable for me right now, and I'm pretty sure that later versions will screw me over somehow - downloaded the 1.152, kind of messed a few things up, so I put my 1.151 files back, and my save got corrupted :sad:
  4. Brony

Lord's religions vs. Faction religion?

I was thinking, that in this era there were many lords with varying religions, as opposed to one faction having all its lords being of a certain faith. I've never really seen individual lords have their religions mentioned often (except for King Penda), and think it would make sense with...
  5. Brony

Feature request: associative faction gains/losses

Yeah, I would tend to agree with that mind. It's kind of degrading to be a lord or even king and have to do lousy nooby quests over and over just so your allies will like you.
  6. Brony

Feature request: associative faction gains/losses

This sounds like a good idea, though generally in the Dark Ages, and medieval times as well, alliances tended to be detached somewhat; ultimately alliances are formed for the best of the factions. I would say this is a good idea, but this should drop to maybe minimal bonuses when going out of an alliance, as like I said; lasting alliances were rare, due to the best for the kingdoms generally being the highest priorities. The faction could be more likely to trust you though with future agreements and negotiations.
  7. Brony

Is it renown or reputation that gets more soldiers? How do I beef up?

To answer your question, just renown. Reputation is how characters view you; if it's good, more moral nobles will start to like you, if it's in the negatives, I'm pretty sure the more dastardly and less chivalrous nobles will grow fond of you (I assume, I haven't been a bad person really). If you act like a **** in general, most nobles won't like you, and if you want nobles to like you and possibly join your future kingdom, then I wouldn't recommend it.
  8. Brony

What is up with the huge patrols?

Hmm, most patrols I've encountered aren't usually over 40-50 men, and caravans are usually at about 50 something men. I don't know if they recruit prisoners or something. However, I've seen 100 or so young warriors around the south coast of England with more prisoners than warriors; they definitely recruited troops from their prisoners. They were like some sort of police force in the area against bandits, though they moved slow as hell  :lol:
  9. Brony

BUG Reports v 1.393 (Read first page before post)

This was a while ago, but for the bugs I posted like a month or so ago, apparently I was still on version 1.391. I updated, and the missing meshes are gone and the floating heads are rare  :wink:
  10. Brony

What's with Competition NPCs God mode?

I got extremely lucky and managed to win a tournament with my level 9 character. The thing is, if your allies die quickly, or the enemy decides to attack you before each other, you are almost certainly screwed. If you have no shield, you're screwed. If you have a spear, you better pray you manage to knock someone out with a sword and grab it. Most of it is luck, it needs to involve skill more. Vanilla Warband had this issue as well.

Oh, and apparently the tournament I won didn't have an award. Bah  :roll:
  11. Brony

Feedback on Brytenwalda

I tend to agree with most of the things with this post, fortunately most of the annoying realism things can be disabled. I'm pretty sure that the realism is there to provide a challenge, that rising up from nothing in the Dark Ages Britain/Ireland/Scotland would realistically be hard to do.

Stamina is rather buggy by the way.

Enterprises cost too much to be worth any real profit generally, unless you're playing late game, and even then, trading tends to be a better source of income, though it is not passive.

Troops are a pain to level, I agree with that, though with lots of high level companions with the trainer skill this should be significantly easier, though that is late game. Probably the biggest turn off of the game, as getting your army slaughtered once and spending months, potentially years, to rebuild, while lords tend to easily rebuild their armies, seems greatly unbalanced.

Resting, take it or leave it, I would say it, and many other options, are all about immersion. Edit: I think resting would work better if there was some sort of bonus for being well rested. I'm pretty sure your troops would be invigorated and more motivated after a long nights rest/resting for several days, than being penalized for not sleeping/resting every single day. Sure, there could be penalties, but realistically, you'd want to do something more after being well rested.

With future versions, I'm sure the game will become a finely polished weapon; it's the money/troops imbalance that needs the most work IMO, (I'm looking at you, ****ty arena rewards).

Perihelion said:
    - Huge army sizes. It might be realistic, but it makes battles take way too long. My computer can't handle battles bigger than about 30-40, so this was a major dealbreaker for me.

P.S. You know you can adjust the battle sizes in game, right? It's not the mods fault. Battle sizes are more or less the same as vanilla, whether on the battlefield, or the total amount of troops (if that's what you mean by 'army').

12. Brony

Also...

This guy is just a floating head. His armour must have glitched.
  13. Brony

The Sturdy Worn Robe apparently isn't displaying properly. Clicking on it results in that message. I wasn't able to try it on to see what happens, because I could only shift it to my side of the purchasing box using ctrl+click.
  14. Brony

B Native Other Polished Landscapes [RELEASED][news pg. 19]

Got it to work  :grin:. There's a problem with loading Uxkhal's streets though, at least when I used the thing for the mod so I didn't lose my savegames. I'm sure I copied everything correctly, and other town interiors seem fine so far.
  15. Brony

Alternative to massive battles

Sounds cool. Maybe this should have gone under suggestions though  :roll:

Anyways, I think it's really good in some circumstances, but I think doing it for their fiefs or who nation would be extremely dubious at best. I've played other mods where you can challenge lord to friendly duels, so more risky duels could be quite a good idea. Maybe for them to leave you alone if they are chasing you down, or possibly to stop besieging your castle/town for the time being, but for them to give something larger up...meh. Also, some lords might accept your conditions that you set, or other more fiery lords could refuse to accept your terms, and want it their way or won't negotiate it with you at all.

It's a really good concept though, but maybe next time put it in the suggestion thread where it'll get more attention and will be stickied instead of being buried under hordes of other posts. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom