Recent content by boomerguy9000

1. Warband in Linux

Grank said:
    I have tried the beta, and the game works now. However, it still has the same CTD issue as the previous version (Manifest ID 7269461115939809640) where the game would crash when using mods. The same as what I reported before:

Grank said:
    Is anybody else having problems after the new patch? I could play with mods just fine for a few days, but now the game crashes whenever it tries to load scenes or sometimes it can even crash just by opening the inventory. I get the same result with various mods, and fiddling with my settings doesn't help at all. It just says segmentation fault and nothing else. I'm running the Steam version on Ubuntu Mate 16.04 64 bit.

Edit:
    I think I have done enough testing to make the following conclusion. The game seems to crash because of some texture-caching bug. Most likely because the game tries to fetch from invalid addresses in the memory. I tested this by playing a mod and having two saves with different items in the inventory and different units in the party, so each save loads different textures. Changing "Load Textures on Demand" produces the same behavior, single threading or not.

1. After a fresh boot, load save 1 and the game runs fine. Crashes after what seems to be loading too many textures.
    2. Load save 1 again. Immediate crash when opening inventory, party, or scenes.
    3. Load save 2, game runs fine. Most likely because the game has to load new textures for save 2 from scratch and it can be fetched properly. However, the game crashes again after loading too many textures. Same as case 1.
    4. The crash can also happen when you're exiting a dialog scene and returning to the campaign map. Maybe the campaign map's textures were unloaded when loading the dialogue scene, but when you're going back to the campaign map, the map's textures are invalid just like the other textures.

I hope the devs read this. I found a few people with similar problems while Googling around, but no solution yet.

The game crashes when you try to open your inventory, shops or anything that would require items to be rendered. I have tested with A Clash of Kings (crash), Gekokujo (crash), Perisno (crash) and Prophesy of Pendor (playable).

Ubuntu Mate 16.04.5 on Intel i3 with 8GB RAM and Integrated Intel VGA.

I HAVE THIS PROBLEME  :shock:
    PLESAE FIX ARMAGAN YAVUZ HELP ME!!!!  :oops: :oops: :oops:
Back
Top Bottom