Recent content by Bluko88

1. Bluko88

It might be a good time to talk about Sturgian Druzhinnik

Since you have introduced winter and snow to strengthen Sturgia, why do you still let Varyags keep their horses. It does not make much sense. Now Sturgia has no feature at all. It did not have any feature in the past by the way. Historically, Varyads did not mount horses neither, right?
    Honestly I really don't see why the Sturgians shouldn't be more infantry focused. I mean do we really need 3 (actually 4) cultures whose noble line is effectively just heavy melee cavalry? It would make a lot more sense if Sturgia mirrored Battania more as an infantry centric Kingdom. I've basically turned my back on the vanilla troop trees. Not balanced, not diverse, just a joke. Any other developer of a strategy/battle game will typically make troop balance THE priority. And a small team could easily sort this all out in a month for Bannerlord, but nah.

I've more or less proven to myself over the past year and half that making the Sturgia noble line heavy infantry does not spoil the game. Makes the game a lot more interesting to be honest. If the Khuzait Horse Archer formation is intimidating, shouldn't the Sturgian infantry formation basically be the equivalent?

Ideally Sturgian Trees would be like this:
    4931-1672117172-552485155.jpeg

4931-1672117243-309563986.jpeg

Honestly I don't even think troop types matter that much in simulated battles (troop tier matters most). You could create a Kingdom of entirely infantry and they'd still probably do fine or no worse on the Campaign map. The actual geography (i.e. fief placement) and random chance plays the biggest role in what Kingdoms prevail. Hence why Battania or Sturgia is usually first to go - because their territory is terrible for the A.I. to defend.

The base game also really suffers from all the Kingdoms having effectively the same troop rosters. Everyone has a T5 Shock Troop, everyone has a T5 Archer, and everyone has (except Battania) a T6 Horseman. The Kingdom you pick has no real bearing on actual battles.

That's why I've also started toying around with somewhat reduced troop trees (trimming the fat), and introducing inherit weaknesses. i.e. Sturgia has weak/limited archers, little cavalry, and a heavy focus on Shock Troops.

AIM4bis.jpg

J7SrFW8.jpg

I played around with CTT on the base factions and making Druzhinnik use 2h axes on horseback was decently effective, the reach still allows them to hit infantry and cavalry with great cleave. Also fills a niche that no other faction does.

You can have mounted shock troops, but they need to be balanced by not having shields and or light armor. Otherwise they steam roll everything much like Khan Guards in melee mode, though to a lesser extent since weapon length is shorter for axes. I believe I toyed around with Druzhniniks being effectively mounted two-handed axemen, but they were too strong in melee combat, but also too vulnerable at same time. Still probably improvement over vanilla since they are generally a waste.

The Heavy Spearmen/Axemen would need to be rebalanced to be competitive, in some way, with Super Melee Guys since their entire troop line would be pointless if it's both easier and smarter to mass recruit superior counterparts and just have normal Sturgians become... their okay-ish archers.
    Eh not really. The A.I. is just gonna recruit whatever is available and upgrade 50/50 (think there's a problem with Castle troop upgrades favoring one branch though). So one line ends as lesser infantry? Big deal, if a T5 unit is balanced appropriately still a good unit, also cheaper. Also in my mod I addressed that by NOT giving T5/T6 Varyags spears or throwing weapons. So you would still want Axemen and Spearmen for the weapon diversity.

This game is so ripe with pointless and redundant units anyways.

It's only an issue for those power gaming by recruiting certain troops. But you can't really control what the player chooses to recruit anyways.
  2. Bluko88

Taleworlds is going to release a post to let us know about their futur plans for the game. What are your expectations ??

They might as well change that 'surrender or die' to just 'die'. Battles, with how frequent they are, are just mass-bashing auto-sims as you take that Uthelaim castle for the 50th time between Vlan/Batt/NE/Sturgia.
    Oh that broke me...
    70s-show-crying.gif

It's entire amateur, VA, you can tell some are not even done in a studio anyways. And adding voice overs for a game where the AI (hundreds) are faceless/auto-generated/non-unique was going to fall flat (ie way more 'copy&paste' AI and dialogue than voices can cover). Yet another half-assed implementation, which they've probably abandoned adding more VA to for the dialogues anyways.
    Should have just voiced the characters for Neretzes Quest and left it at. Far more reasonable scope for TW. Much rather use my imagination for most characters, especially since so many are "auto-generated" anyways.

I can't even fathom what wack-a-do coding makes it possible for my one character's Imperial Wife voice to just change. Status didn't change (still Lady), culture didn't change - literally just went from one Imperial Clan to another. Wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with all the placeholder voices they had. Wouldn't want the Console Players to know the game they paid $50 didn't have any voice over! Would have been better to just do it all once. But here we are almost 2024 and Console Players are missing a far more useful feature: Kingdom Destruction, and yet TW seems to have zero urgency getting 1.2 out.
  3. Bluko88

Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

P.S. Also, please, fix clone children....
    Well my latest progeny are all fairly unique, my two sons look quite different.
    5oRwuYK.png

I can't speak for non-player Clans though, which is where it tended to be most prevalent. Harder to know with encyclopedia fog of war. I hope it's fixed...

The content of the 1.2.x release of Bannerlord:
    - formation targeting
    - a bit new weather
    - 3 new small quests
    - the rest: 95 % bug-fixing and QoL-work

Don't get me wrong, as I stated before it's the right way to go for Bannerlord in the current situation. But you can't compare a patch that focuses on new content with a patch which nearly exclusevly contains fixing and QoL. That are just completly different topics.
    This amount of content shouldn't take 6 months to finalize before release, and I'm assuming there was an alpha, so it's probably been "cooking" for 9 months. 3 months at the most even with consoles and if that's "too much work" hire more people. TW had no qualms taking console players money while offering a decidedly inferior product, that also wasn't finished. (Literally patched in voice over after the fact... rather haphazardly)

It's becoming pretty obvious that Bannerlord is effectively an abandoned product, that or there's very serious staffing/management issues preventing development progress. Really requires a lot of restraint on my part to not fly into expletives here. Unfortunately video games are considered primarily entertainment, so their value is subjective at best. Lord have mercy if TW was releasing some kind of paid for software to perform some needed function. Probably be embroiled in lawsuits.
  4. Bluko88

Major issues that remain unaddressed in 1.2.5

AI issues/game breaking bugs :

1. Troop behavior in field battles :
    A. AI sends in one row of infantry to engage player shieldwall. The remaining infantry mill around in the back while dying to archers. No attempt is made to flank/overwhelm the player shieldwall or to engage the archers. AI infantry simply walks in circles while it dies to player archers
    This is intentional I believe to slow down battles somewhat. The A.I. no longer globs around formations, creating mosh-pit battles. Obviously there are pros and cons to this. I prefer it this way, and A.I. can actually raise shields against incoming projectiles at will, so I believe this is fair trade off.

B. Cav cannot hit anything and can be ignored. Cav charging an exposed flank of player archers will not kill a substantial amount of archers before dying
    The bigger problem is they don't cycle charge right anymore. They barely get up to full speed before attacking again. Sending Cavalry after archers should be an easy win, but instead they get massacred. I mean if the archers are in a bog/water sure they might have a good advantage. But it's freaking dumb on a wide open field.

Cavalry is useless except for intercepting other cavalry, and chasing down fleeing enemies it seems. Though that is somewhat true to life, Cavalry have always been meant for "shock and awe", they lose most of their advantage when stuck in melee. Still for a medieval game you'd imagine heavily armored cavalry would be a fairly potent force.

C. Skirmishing infantry (wildlings, etc.) do not know that they are skirmishers. When mixed with sheildwall troops, they will run up front and die in melee.
    D. Empire and Aserai armies will often move back and forth between two nearby hills while dying to player ranged fire.
    ron-white-you-can%E2%80%99t-fix-stupid.gif

Okay TW could... sadly video game A.I. peaked around 2005-2010 in general. This game doesn't have the worst A.I. but it often leaves a LOT to be desired. Really not holding my breath since larger and better funded studios struggle with this.

F. AI armies/parties do not assign captains and do not benefit from captain perks.
    Really? I'm quite certain they assign Captains, though they do like to Leeroy Jenkins charge still... I guess I can't comment on perks.

3. Army Behavior
    A. Large armies will chase small parties that they cannot catch, wasting huge amounts of time.
    B. Small armies will walk past large enemy armies to begin a siege, get stuck in the siege, and get wiped.
    This is pretty bad, thought they fixed most of these issues. But I guess they are back, I've seen it some myself.

4. Wanderers
    A. Wanderers continue to teleport across the map instantly. As a player, walking from Marunath to dautistica to hire the only scout, getting to vostrum, and seeing that scout has teleported to ostican. This is not a feature that any player wants.
    B. Wanderers still spawn with attributes and focus that do not make any sense
    Still complete planks of wood that don't react to anything. Don't know why people even care about them, only good for use as Captains/Governors. I really don't understand purpose of them moving everywhere.

1. Early game -
    A. Due to the way trade goods spawn in, the early economy is deflationary. This means that trade is generally not a viable way to play, outside of some cheeky quick flips.
    Yeah I've never liked this at game start. Trade is just not done well in this game. Realistically items should be consumed heavily, and production villages should produce a lot of said resource. Basically any Town that doesn't have Grape Villages, should always need Grapes. Especially if they are like on other side of map. You really can't "Trade" in this game since there's nothing like Trade Routes. Like you should be guaranteed a good profit if you take a ton of Wood to Aserai Lands, but nope.

C. There are no mechanics to stop the player from snowballing. Once you are the strongest faction in the map, your clans can defend and slowly expand your kingdom while you go from fief to fief sieging without getting pressured at all
    D. Generational systems are irrelevant, as the 'gameplay' portion of the game is 3-5 years, with a full conquest taking 6-10 years, depending on the patch.
    Well this is problem in general, not just player, and why there needs to be some form of Civil War mechanic. (I'd also like to see Culture shift/change over time too) There are mechanics to stop this, they just aren't good ones. A.K.A. the AI declaring multiple wars they can't really win...
    CjLfBY.gif

The Diplomacy/Kingdom Management mechanics are quite pathetic for a game that is a battle/war simulator (well maybe it is just a battle simulator - cause everything else is pretty poor). Diplomacy/Kingdom Management should not be this underdeveloped after 3 years of Early Access.

I agree the generational aspect is irrelevant, but then again most folks probably don't want to run a campaign for 200+ hours. I don't dispute full conquest is possible in 10 years... but I also don't know why anyone wants to ram rod through the game that fast? Typically takes more like 20 years in my experience, and I've really only done so once, obviously much easier when you are a vassal.
  5. Bluko88

My rantings about where the updates are going

Hey all, we had some changes relevant to the blocking performance of low-level troops in the most recent beta
    Well it's tolerable now, still silly a Looter can block a full speed horseback Lance with an 8 inch hammer and not even get staggered. My biggest issue is Combat Difficulty doesn't seem to have any effect on how well the A.I. attacks/blocks like it used too. The Combat A.I. Difficulty is effectively defunct far as I can tell, maybe it only effects formation use/battlefield tactics now? That's not good IMO

KeFTSa9.png

Also if the A.I. is going to block most attacks, players need to get XP for any attack that "hits" or that they block with said weapon. I know you get a small amount of XP for damaging shields, etc. but you guys need to expand upon that if the A.I. is going to fight like this. Otherwise you just encourage players to effectively backstab every enemy combatant for XP. I don't think that's good though as that just creates a further divide between those who play SP vs MP. The player should be encouraged to fight well.

I did a bit of testing, and unless there's something special about Practice Tournament A.I., whether my Combat Skills were 25, 150, or 250 seemed to make no difference on well the A.I. blocked. Any increased combat efficacy seemed to stem mostly from the fact that I could swing weapons faster...
  6. Bluko88

Standard Bearer does not decrease the garrison wage

After a lot of search, I finally recruited a companion named "Soroch Ironeye" with the "Standard Bearer" skill. However, when I assign him as the governor of Amitatys, the garrison wage didn't change at all. I have redraw all the infantry in the garrison, leaving only the calvary. Is there anything I missed? Or it's just a bug with this skill?

By the way, does anyone know how to inspect the detail of the garrison wage? I want to know what's influencing my garrison wage. As I noticed that the garrison wage doesn't equal to the summation of all soldier's wage. Much more weirdly, the garrison wage changes between 5000 and 5224 every day, while I just waited there and did nothing.
    Well supposedly it only applies to Towns, and only to Infantry (so probably not Archers and Cavalry)

Pretty sure only way to get good details on parties/garrisons is to inspect them in-person. More detailed tool tips or more info Clan Tab wouldn't be bad idea.

Also if your trying to setup a Companion as Governor, may be worthwhile to respec them with a Tournament Master so you can get the best perks for Governing.
  7. Bluko88

Devs: "Needs Help with Brigands" quest badly needs rework

The problems of this quest are multiple, not sure how this made through even basic playtesting.
    • The amount of brigand parties you got to hunt down quickly spirals out of control, starting at 2 then 4 then 7 and so on. It's literally impossible to find that many bandit parties on the map, especially in highly patrolled areas.
    • When you chasing brigands for the quest, they happily waltz away out of quest range and are no longer eligible to fulfill the quest. Happens all the time.
    In general, its impossible to complete auto-skip quest.

My suggestions to improve this quest:
    • Instead of having player chase gazillion small bandit parties, spawn a quest stack army of brigands not far from he questgiver, and scale its size to player's army.
    • Can mix the brigand army up with all types of brigands to make the fight cooler - e.g. heavy frontline with sea raiders, looters with rocks ofc, ranged covered by forest bandits, alsosome mountain bandits etc.
    This would make quest more attractive and more fun.
    Thanks for reading.
    It'd probably be better if they didn't have "scaling" quests in general. Like the Bandit one, they obviously don't scale well. Also does nobody test this stuff? Seriously...

Your really not going to be doing much quests past the early game anyways. And if you are, it's probably more so for relation improvement with the Notable(s). There's no need for Quests to scale up IMO - same with 100+ Looter armies. Not necessary, and not as good XP as some think it is.
  8. Bluko88

Taleworlds is going to release a post to let us know about their futur plans for the game. What are your expectations ??

What they need to do is actually very easy but for some reason its taking literally years to do. Here is the basics:

Diplomacy: Take everything from the Diplomacy mod and implement it, pay the modder what it takes and move on
    Couldn't agree more. If TW can't be arsed to add actual Diplomacy features, just make the mod part of the game.

Ideally as soon as you take a fief, you should be able to form a Kingdom. But because there's no form of Diplomacy you're totally screwed if you attempt to do that.

Sadly there's really only two ways to form a Kingdom. 1) Become a vassal and when you have enough fiefs break away 2) Use your elite party to "snipe" fiefs from a Kingdom when they are pre-occupied, then peace out with gold. Rinse and repeat, form a Kingdom when you have enough fiefs. Or take Rebelling Towns.

The problem with Option 2 is that it is sadly probably the best way to conquer Calradia i.e. never form a Kingdom. Use your elite warband, take a fief, peace out, build up your garrison, accumulate more wealth, do it again til you own the map. No stupid non-nonsensical wars, no A.I. voting for multiple wars, no A.I. to lose Parties/Armies. And #1 nobody will declare war on you.

The fact TW doesn't understand that there should be basic messages (at least for Marriages and Mercenaries) shows how out of touch they are. It is extremely impractical to ride all over the map to hire a merc clan or arrange a marriage, especially once your King and you've got a party that likely consumes 1000s of denars a day. I'm surprised they implemented Companion recall...

Peace Time Mechanics: Feasts and more interactive mechanics need to be added during peace time as peace time is the most boring since their is nothing to do
    Yeah there should be some form of peace time activities. Feasts should really be part of the game now due to fog of war hiding all NPC details. There should also be activities you can do in Towns/Villages to earn money/improve relations that don't involve killing people. Maybe you help farm, build a house, etc. something that could also improve the non-combat skills (Smithing, Engineering, Medicine)

Training or drilling your troops would be nice too. You don't build a professional army by fighting bandits, you build one with time and money a.k.a. training.

Population: This is probably the one that should be implemented of all, let me explain. Wars need to be meaningful and make an impact on the economy and powerbase of clans. Currently a clan with high relations with villages and towns can lose an entire army and instantly replenish its troops. This is clearly flawed. By giving a village, castle and a city a population that function on an economic level and military level (aka troops to recruit) this will make battles meaningful. This would also impact the economy of each nation, that when losing an extreme amount of peasants in a war their economy slides to a griding halt.

But if I am honest I think the Population mechanic will never be introduced even though the modding team behind the Jerusalem Mod is doing it. Some part of me believes that the dev team is amateur level at best given their previous track record, slow updates and lack of a clear roadmap.
    I don't think we need population per say, technically it's implied high prosperity = high population

What needs to happen is more like this IMO:

1. Way less recruits (and no free troops for Lords) - ideally a Notable should spawn 1 Recruit a day, and only when all slots are filled do the existing troops start to increase veterancy. So if you deplete a village, it would take about 1 week to get a full set of recruits, 2 weeks for basic tier 2 troops, 3 weeks for tier 3 troops, 4 weeks/season to get end up with tier 4 troops. Provided no one recruits from village in that time... This would make battle loses far more meaningful.

2. Battles should be somewhat slower, less frequent (i.e. more consequential), and definitely should not be fought to the death. If your leading a war party/army and you fight to the death you've effed up badly. If your losing a battle retreating should be a viable option in most cases. This whole thing you need "Tactics" to retreat is harebrained. No, just let Parties sacrifice their wounded to escape and give a speed boost so you can live to fight another day. Also there needs to be some surrender options like spare troops, spare you, etc. Also the A.I. should surrender when totally outmatched. Even the most crazed Bushido Samurai would not fight to the death if they could help it, the A.I. should value their lives/troops.

3. Don't need looters and bandits everywhere; looters should spawn from raided villages, bandits should only spawn from hideouts.

Basically make battles have consequences from beginning to end. As is the only battles that truly matter are sieges.

Also be nice if Companions reacted to more events, still planks of wood after 4 years. Seriously why does Warband have more fleshed out companions?

It's definitely Amateur Level, FFS why are some Bandit Bosses voiced but others are not? How can you not be consistent in implementing which dialogue lines are voiced?! I believe there is a small handful of knowledgeable Devs, maybe like a dozen, and then you've either got a bunch of would-be intern "Game Developers", everyone else works like 2-4 hours a day, or most everyone is working on a new game...

I don't think there's any DLC package that TW can put together that will compare with mods. If they do make a DLC, let's be honest, it will simply be to siphon more money from those playing on consoles - who will never have mod access.
  9. Bluko88

Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Beta v1.2.6 (30/11/23)

Singleplayer​

Fixes
    • Fixed a bug that prevented you from targeting castle gates, siege engines, and alike with an attack order.
    Well I am glad this has been fixed, but I'm going to be honest I don't think you should be able to have your troops hack down the outer gate in Castles/Towns. I think the outer gate should only be destructible by siege equipment.

It is bit too easy to cheese sieges by simply focusing on the outer gate, and of course inner gate breaks quickly, and then it's pretty easy to overwhelm the defenders with a single elite party unless they have a truly massive garrison.

Pair this with the fact it's generally much easier to "snipe" Towns/Castles as Non-Kingdom Clan, and this is probably the most effective way to conquer Calradia. If your only option was to use ladders upon siege camp completion, this would put the kabosh on this strategy for the most part, and or limit the player to only poorly defended fiefs.

Course folks probably would never have considered such things if we had functional Kingdom Management & Diplomacy...
  10. Bluko88

Growing The Beard

It doesn’t grow, it’s just that when the character turns 21 they get the adult body and the beard appears. Doesn’t gradually grow over time.
    Correct, anyone under 21 is still basically a child and will be missing facial hair, tattoos, etc.

Facial hair does not grow, Red Dead Redemption 2 this is not.

Example, PC Age 42 has scar:
    rYbut5S.png

"Baby" PC Age 20 eye scar becomes invisible:
    CkGt6GT.png

Yes, your adult character model fully matures at 21. Prior to that, your (and every other ~18-21 year old) character is in their teenage model. I think you age every decade or so after that but I'm not sure (been awhile and I'm fuzzy on the details so I might be completely wrong about the gradual aging thing).
    It's gradual, like waiting for patches to be released

Actually I will give TW credit here, character aging is handled pretty well in-game. Probably even better than say Crusader Kings 3 IMO.

bQynM5J.png

gMeJbWc.png
    cVe8jTL.png
    6uzLt51.png
    x3iYmyQ.png
  11. Bluko88

A Single System Has Turned Off My Love

You generally don't get that much influence from sieges, or loot really.

Sieges are just meat grinders (at least offensively) and other than having an absurd amount of archers, there isn't much way to cheese them. More often than not you're just going to lose lots of good troops, and spend a lot of time finding replacements. I would avoid sieges unless you are getting the fiefs in question as a vassal. You really don't have much control in sieges anyways, so more troops is generally the best answer.

Have you not joined an A.I. army as a vassal before? Sure it can be a good time when you're winning, but there's nothing quite like witnessing the A.I. make the worst tactical mistakes on the field and you can kiss your elite 100+ party goodbye. I'd say that's infinitely more frustrating that not getting the say 50 or 100 Influence from a siege.

Though I think all this is intentional. It's to encourage you to form a Kingdom yourself (or take over).

It's fairly safe and easy to help grow a Kingdom as a vassal, up until you get to a certain size and the A.I. thinks it can fight multiple wars at once.
  12. Bluko88

Matrilineal Marriges

Yeah it's problematic if you have like 3 daughters. Your only real option is to retire early so a said daughter can lead the Clan, and have heirs herself.

It's kind of silly the game encourages to grow a Clan, in case you or other members die, but there isn't much Clan management. I feel like if anything it should be simple enough to name a Clan Member your presumptive heir.

Sadly TW seems to have bitten off more than they can chew with the dynastic elements of the game. It's implementation is rather questionable too, since you can conquer Calradia in a single lifetime. Nevermind there's no real way to train up skills that isn't exceptionally tedious. It's a bit annoying all your children will be blank slates, yet other nobles at age 18 have skills in the 100+ range. You should be able to pay gold to train Clan members, then it's just a matter of how much you want to spend. Not like it would hurt to have an optional money sink in the game given the player can accumulate ridiculous amounts of wealth.
  13. Bluko88

Clans vanishing after I destroyed the Southern Empire? (1.2 Beta)

I am playing as a vassal of the Northern Empire about 905 days in, and a couple of in game and real days ago I participated in the destruction of Rhagea's faction and her army of simps. I was under the impression from a couple of google searches that the clans would roam around and eventually just join other factions, but that wasn't the case in my game. After maybe 5 days of the SE being gone I get a notification that every clan belonging to them was destroyed, with every lord being considered "lost".

Is this supposed to happen? If not is there something I can do to stop this?

Some additional info is that all the clans became grey independent factions and all declared war on the NE separately immediately after we destroyed the SE, and when I went to make peace with them they were all demanding 130k each to make peace. I feel like this is just an oversight as its kinda crazy that they expect money from us after we just kicked their ass.

If this is just a dead end game mechanic that has yet to have some resolution implemented might I recommend that the clans just join other nations, with Empire clans having preference to joining a different empire? As well as allowing the player to try and convince them to join their faction with maybe the normal barriers to entry being a lot lower since they're realmless.
    Yeah it's a bit annoying when you destroy a Kingdom all the Clans are at war with you, but I suppose it makes some sense.

I thought Kingdoms were supposed to be able rise again... but given that they just end up as marauders forever afterward I suppose this is somewhat better. Honestly I feel like if the DIPLOMACY system was overhauled to something comprehensible/usable by players this could be avoided. IMO Kindgom destruction should really only happen when all Clans are gone and the leading Clan has no more members. Should not be this hard... no one's asking to make say Trade Agreements - just War, Peace, Non-Agression Pacts, Tribute, and Alliances.

I feel like executions are kind of under-utilized in-game. As is you either never execute any one ever, or you just go on full psychopath playthrough and murder every single noble since all your relations will tank. There needs to be a happy middle ground where you can perform some executions against your enemies, but at the same time if you start to go the Vlad Impaler route there should be consequences for that too. Which is why the A.I. should use executions themselves! Like if you or a Clan member get captured by someone who is at -100 Relationship with you... there should be a real good chance that results in an execution of said prisoner. (Maybe limit executions to only be possible by Clan Leaders)

Really when you destroy a Kingdom you should either being trying to recruit surviving Clans or kill them off since they are effectively rebels. It doesn't make sense that surviving Clans just yeet out of existence after a few days.

In my 1.2 playthrough when the Southern Empire lost its last fief, pretty sure all the Clans self-destructed (maybe they couldn't live without Rhaghea, IDK). Which seems odd since you'd think NE and WE would want to absorb some of them into their ranks.

Now when I personally destroyed Sturgia; 2 Clans did join other Kingdoms (Khuzait and Aserai) before the rest disappeared. So it does happen. But of course I literally went to talk to one Clan Leader (who I had close to like +100 Relationship) couldn't even ask him to join me! So I wasted a bunch of money to make peace with said Clan, couldn't recruit them, and they effectively join a rival Kingdom to boot! Seems really asinine that if you want to flip Clans you effectively have to do it when they are still officially part of a Kingdom...

And you know what I don't get? I thought for the longest time TW didn't really allow executions because they couldn't account for potential NPC losses through executions. But obiviously if dozens of NPCs can just delete themselves when their Kingdom is gone, I fail to see why executions can't be implemented for use by the A.I.
  14. Bluko88

So how is version 1.2?

Could you share which version you were playing on, and if the crash is happening after clicking the offer notification or immediately upon the vassal offer appears?

I don't see the message, just presumably when I should be getting offer game was crashing

So like most things Taleworlds implement it's either: lackluster, poorly thought out, or only half heartedly completed? (Favorite example being "Order of Battle")

Yeah I seem to be running into more and more crashes. Obviously I can say that BannerCraft is probably to blame say when I opened Smithing Menu background is black and game CTDs. But there's others I'm sure where there game is just failing to cope with later stages, like starting a siege battle. Just kind of irritating that this whole game is built around the idea that most players will never get much past Clan Rank 2, and see the game for what it truly is.

There is something really messed up with the QA process of this game. I don't know if that's because it's because it's basically one dude locked away in a boiler room, or the Devs completely disregard any feedback that isn't bug/crash related. Like anyone who plays this game for any amount of time and doesn't find being forced to talk to every party absolutely mind-numbing must be mental. Why is a 300 man party stopping to "parley" with a group of 3 Looters? Why do I have to talk to every single Lord when I take them prisoner? Do you know how effing annoying it is to take like 12 Lords prisoner after an Army battle all for them to say "I yield! I yield!" ?

And so because of stuff like this that should be simple text notes or contextual menu for what you want to do, where we had somewhat nice in-game cutscenes, we now have terrible pre-rendered backdrops so people with HDDs don't waste minutes loading this nonsense. All to have something that makes Warband's conversations actually look better.

OOB has never bothered me too much, since I never really liked to mess with formations a great deal. But it's definitely a loss that you can't say assign Recruits or any unit to a particular formation anymore.
  15. Bluko88

Every time bro

😔

Fr though the shield on the back is kinda odd. I'll keep your idea in mind for a simple mod once I get a grasp on it better (currently learning)
    I believe it's based on the fact that Genoese Crossbowmen carried a large portable shield (Pavise) that they would use as cover when reloading.
    images

Obviously not very well represented in-game, since it's treated like any other shield. (LOL I can't imagine even the strongest man trying to hold up a Pavise and swing a Sword at his enemy at the same time, well I suppose it could be done in a pinch like hip firing an LMG.)

You know it's funny Battania was doing well in my latest playthru, they had like 8 Towns. Somehow they effed up and the Western Empire, Vlandia, and Khuzait basically became the dominant super powers at 14,000ish men each. Though somehow the Northern Empire made an amazing comeback from just 1 Town. Simp Empire got wasted. Only reason Vlandia is failing is because they keep picking a fight with me, and I basically wreck them in any scenario with my 1000 man army. Even when they get 2000 man doom stacks I just sneak-in to castle/town and route them. I'm glad the A.I. can at least team up on sieges, but it is hilariously stupid how a 500 man army will go siege the 1st castle they can, even though my larger 1000 man army is within sight, and will just catch up to them soon as they do.

I was trying to keep Sturgia alive as proxy state/independent clan, but I got tired of sniping Castles/Towns, formed a Kingdom, and cannibalized what was left when they attacked me.

That said I did run into one scenario with Vlandia that was unwinnable in a 500 vs. 500 just because of their superior troop composition. That said I am using my troop mod and a cultural assimilation mod which has greatly lowered rebellions (good thing) but I'm a bit iffy at the speed settlements convert. Really wish there was some kind of built-in cultural conversion mechanic, it's pretty silly that you can hold a fief for years or decades and the culture won't change at all. Notables change culture, but it's very slow and random. It's interesting, but also a bit odd to see multiple cultures in one Town.

f65N5aB.jpg

Fun Fact: High Roguery will make you stupid rich

Battia feels out of place entirely; like it would make sense if it was like Calradia years -400 to 400.. kinda.. but it's out of place; the empire feels disjointed, they want to have a rome-analog but it's lacking a lot of the foundations of the early mediaval era.
    Yeah Battania is basically a Dark Age Celtic Kingdom, in a Medieval setting. They feel really out of place, though it's kind of implied Battania is very old based on their architecture. Would have been nice if Battania was more like a proper Medieval Celtic Kingdom.

Empire is clearly very Byzantine styled, but then they got all these classic Imperial Rome inspirations which feel a bit silly. It's like blending a bunch of ice cream flavors, the end result is you have no real flavor.

I like Vlandia being overly strong. If you want an easy-mode game: join them. If you want a harder game, play on the opposite side of the map from them. If you want the hardest time, go face-to-face against them straight away.

Options are good to have.
    The problem isn't that they are overly strong, they are actually pretty weak in base game live battles, it's that simulated battles (A.I. fought battles) heavily favor them due to their two lines of melee cavalry. Pretty sure it's same with Khuzait and their two horse archer lines.

Only real "easy mode" is recruiting exclusively Fians and Khan's Guards, actually one alone is usually good enough. Making the game harder is irrelevant; you could just use Recruits entire game. Well closest thing to hard mode IMO would be "Mercenaries Only" absolute garbage troops with extra high wages, and spotty recruitment.
Back
Top Bottom