Recent content by Blademaster

1. Blademaster

Items lose 95% of their Value

Thanks. Not sure i'll be able to figure out how to do it, but if i do, i intend to increase the sell price from 5% to 10%. 10% is reasonable, 5% is just balls. any more than 10% would be super unbalanced.
  2. Blademaster

1.) I bumped the thread because it was relevant, and creating another thread about it someone would post a link and say "look at this ******* use search"

2.) ill ask again: what file is the item resale value found in so i can tweak it? i dont care about why its fine as it is or why the sky is blue, just need to know about how to edit the game. if your answer doesn't involve telling me how to do this, you're not answering the question right.
  3. Blademaster

I'm bumping this because i'm having trouble with themerchant's buy prices as well. why are they so low? item_kinds doesn't have any tweaks to merchant prices, modifiers are unchanged from native i believe since there is no Item_modifier file, and the merchants are salty buttholes. My question is, and the only answer i really care about, how do i tweak the prices that merchants will buy gear at? where is that located?
  4. Blademaster

So what's next?

This mod is an excellent production, and i'm very impressed with the final version of this. my question is... what will you guys be working on next? do you guys have any plans for a different mod that i should be keeping my eye on?
  5. Blademaster

Marshal recruitment/fief armies... meh.

I am quite peeved about the fief army system right now for a few reasons... Armies are practically useless! -you cant have them join your party -when you're done with them, disbanding them makes them disappear instead of returning to the fief Absolutely no control over them. - your marshal...
  6. Blademaster

Darklands mod?

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,50.0.html
  7. Blademaster

General Suggestion thread - 0.97Beta.

-Player auxilary for allies as well as own troops.  when in freelance mode, it makes a siege or battle unbearable, as the camera is locked on your last position; you cant even watch the damn battle.

-Fix fief recruitment system. armies are almost useless right now since you cant give them any orders or bring them into your party, and the marshal is clueless as well.

more to follow. keep up the good work.
  8. Blademaster

playing bot after death seems broken in svn?

tried this out, it works only with my own troops... that is so lame! 1000v1000 battle and once i die, its over? i hope they implement this for non-troop allies as well, this very well breaks the game for me since its so easy to get murdered. battles last over an hour on siege as defender, they just keep coming, and god forbid you die because if you leave the battle you screw everything up for your team.
  9. Blademaster

very important to note: this happened when freelancing as a soldier in the army. 1200 vs 1000 brandenburg vs poles, on the defence side. once i die im dead, death cam doesnt work. is this only supposed to work with MY troops?
  10. Blademaster

"Play as one of your soldiers after your death, with our made auxiliary player feature (can be turned off in the mod options)." i have the option checked, but it doesnt let me. i also cant move the camera after death or follow anyone, is it just me?
  11. Blademaster

Suggestions

custom settlements and peasants v.1 by cartread take a more visible approach, but i would love to be able to choose what my fiefs actually do, and their function.

To Start, all change would not be graphical, only coding, similar somewhat to the new characters had now. The Reeve would be a local managerial lord in control of all properties of a lord while he is away; a reeve is unnecessary, but helpful.
    fiefs would have a general production type that would increase the type of goods produced by a large amount, while diminishing the amount others are produced. a industry focused town will produced cloth, linen, ect. but still produce food as well. a castle would produce less than a town, but more than a fief.

What the Dialogue would look like

"Greetings my Lord. how can i serve you?" Reeve, or the chief elder in the fief can be talked to.
    1.) lets talk about my current holdings. "which fief" "the villiage seems to be (wealth variable). (farming,forging,industry) is their current goal.
                                                                                      there are currently () people living here. they are happy with their lives.

a) what production are we expecting in (fief chosen)? "since this is a (farming,forging,industry) community of (wealth variable),
                                                                    we expect (?) Units of (armor and/ or weapons, foodstuff, industry items, animals) by M/D/Y"

b.) i would like to change production in (fief chosen). "what production should i set it to milord?" (choose one) "excellent. i will have   
                                                                                            them start right away.

2.) i would like to upgrade a fief. "these are your fiefs that can be upgraded (300 or more people must be living there.)" (choose one) "town or castle milord?" (choose one.) "this will cost x dinars, and will take ? people ? days to complete. i could hire an master engineer and his crew for (30% of cost extra) and he can reduce the time spent buy ? days." (yea, nay) "i will start immediately".       

3.) what season is it? "it is (). production is (variables to how well things are doing) and the weather (slows, speeds up) production in this
                                        (villiage, town, castle) by (variable)"

4.) i want you to get more peasants in a fief for me. "to move out a family and build a new home it will cost 150 a unit. how many would you
                                                              like me to gather?" (up to 15 in a month) "i will dispatch someone immediately" (3-5 people per family)

5.) are there any concerns of the people? "they all seem content" "which fief?" (choose) "the people feel that they would like a ? built for them.
        the cost is ? and it will take ? days, but the people feel that construction should start ? days from now." no (-5 relation with people), yes (+5 relation) "ill send a dispatch now. lets discuss this later (if left unattended they will become less happy.)"

How this would change the game

-Added depth
    -Provides food for feasts, valuables for merchant types, and gear for martial types and their companions.
    -Would Slightly alter fief economy for the player for better or for worse.

More information regarding function

As you choose the fief and get a status report, you can see how many people are there currently, what their production is, how prosperous, and how happy they are with their situation. the more people and the more happy they are, the better they produce. certain fief types have certain perks as well.

Village: the base fief in which all progress starts. there are 2 possible upgrades. villages don't give items away to the lord unless there is a manor, in which case some of the products will be given to the household inventory.

Castle: the castle is essentially a fortress built near a village. the primary production comes from the village of course, which will certainly be better than a fief, but less than a town.  having this, however, combines a village with a castle and gives a castle its own personal production. a smith and a horse breeder will be available for the lord, and his production depends on what the production focus is set to. these items will be available in the secondary storage. since the village is usually small and close knit, they are typically very content and do not ask for much.

- gives less tax
    - demands buildings less often
    - gives a personal smith and horse breeder
    - all of native features
    - can have up to 500 inhabitants, so produces less than a town can.

Town: the towns is a castle, but not exclusively, and as a result is less defensible. in addition, people are more demanding since necessary industry has come in and has changed the way that the classes are set. villages reside outside the town, and all the merchants, craftsmen, and landlords live inside the castle to conduct their business.

-gives more tax
    -demands buildings more often
    -all of native features.
    - can have up to 2000 inhabitants and therefore be very productive.

Seasons alter farming production a large amount, industry a small amount, and forging not at all.

Farming produces a lot of items in the good seasons, less in the bad. there is less tax and more contentment.
    Industry produces a moderate amount of items in good seasons, somewhat less in bad. there is more tax and less contentment
    Forging produces a small amount of items year round. there is average tax and more contentment.

When acquiring families you gain 3-8 peasants per family. you can have 30 or 80 peasants for 1500 gold... still good stimulation for your town.
    the more people, the easier the population increases.

population randomly increases/decreases once ever 3 days buy -20 or +40. Happiness effects this...

Happy +10 to amount.
    Content 0 to amount
    Grumbling -10 to amount
    Disgruntled -20 to amount

it takes at least 300 peasants to upgrade a fief; a castle can have 500 peasants, a town can have 2000.

all of this would require coding which i imagine couldn't be too much more difficult than what has already been used in this mod, and
    i feel that this would be best managed through dialogue.

i hope that this gets added some day.
  12. Blademaster

Troops in English, and Troop Trees Project.

i will never understand why people rush progress... its been TWO WEEKS since this topic was started, and yes, i do have a life; i do have some progress, some complete troop trees done atm, but its still one of many that need to be done. i want to get 2-3 more done before i update and egg them on more.

that being said, i read the text file and...

im sure theres something we can use in there, thank you, but we also are taking pictures of units as we upgrade them and retaining certain names to keep the feel of what the author intended.

thank you for contributing, i will be reviewing it further and taking snapshots of the troops being upgraded for the troop trees.

13. Blademaster

Lets go one step at a time here :smile:
  14. Blademaster

Troop Trees

wow that is awesome! thanks for starting on the english!
  15. Blademaster

not if you are going to complain.
Back
Top Bottom