Recent content by BlackAlpha

1. [Unresolved] Connection to server is lost?

Getting the same issue. Worked fine yesterday, today I can't join any high player servers. I tried to connect 10 times and restarted my game each time, but it kept failing. Judging by other people's comments, this issue pops up randomly and then disappears again. Well, I didn't want to wait for it to fix itself.

By the way, I tried the radio thing, just to amuse whoever suggested it, but obviously it didn't work.

The game has problems connecting, so it seems to be connection related. I went to my documents and looked inside the file "rgl_config.txt". There is a line "max_number_of_connections = 16".

I changed it to 8 and I could then join all servers.

I changed it back to 16 and I couldn't join anymore.

I changed it to 128 and most servers didn't show up in the server browser anymore.

The game seems to have problems with high amount of connections. So I lowered it to 12 and now I seem to be able to join most servers just fine.

So, a possible workaround for this issue is to open the file "rgl_config.txt" in your documents. And change the line "max_number_of_connections" to 8.

Note that Windows 7 has two of such files that both need to be modified:

Vincenzo said:
    On Windows 7 there are two rgl_config.txt files that both need to be modified. You can find them in the following locations.

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband\
    C:\Users\(username)\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\

I hope it works for you guys too!
  2. want to earn some dollars? or want to help? just read this >>>>>

kris corleone said:
    hello taleworlds,i am a new member here  i buyed all games of taleworlds    well they are just 3...  :lol:
    like them allllllllllllll  best was mount and blade 1    then  mount AND BLADE WITH FIRE AND SWORD    AND baddest was mount and blade warband            well  can you all help me    if you helped me  i will pay you 5 $  just send me help + your paypal id 

first i need help in >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

mount and blade >>>>  i defeated all faction  i was in vaegirs  so vaegirs  i dont defeated  all cities are of vaegiers    i got over 10 fiefs  ( well i used cheats  :oops: )  now how to end the game !!!!!!!!!!!!! ?

now help in mab wfas -  i like guns    is there any gun  which if i reload i can shoot more than 2 bullets ? or if thewre are any way to reload gun faster ?

ty if you help

1. You can't end the game. You must play Mount and Blade forever!

2. Yes, there is. It's called a bow.

I don't accept your 5 dollars, I want 50 dollars for my godly information! If you don't send me the 50 dollars, you are not allowed to use the information I just provided and you must forget all of it.

Here's my paypal ID: 42
  3. Companions leaving on a whim?!

Skrujern said:
    BlackAlpha said:
    They (vaguely) tell you at the end why they leave. There are 3 things they say: Unhappy about your choice of companions, your leadership and state of affairs. The main thing you must keep in mind is that they don't get along with certain companions. Certain events affect the state of affairs. Like looting vilages, having no food, losing battles. I'm not sure what affects their approval of your leadership. Losing and winning battles, I guess.

If you don't feel like playing the matchmaker, you can disable this system with the program called TweakMB. Check out the sticky called TweakMB for more info. It allows you to add a dialogue in which you tell them that they can only leave once they die, either in battle or by your hand!  :twisted: But seriously, they are deserting and stealing your expensive gear in the process, so it's not like they don't deserve such threats... If I could, I would impale one of them to show them what I do with deserters, like Vlad the Impaler did. That would teach them!

I have already used TweakMB to disable companions from entering the "leave party dialogue", so they should not be able to. What I found strange about the way he left was that he explicably said that he was content with the state of affairs. And what i was wondering is if WFaS actually implemented a new companion feature, where they leave the party now and then to do their own things.

EDIT: I have played for more than 100 days with all companions. They whine and sob and I tell them to STFU and man/woman up! No one has left until now. I it doesn't look related.

TweakMB doesn't seem to be bulletproof. I have to enable the Add Dialogue option, which allows me to threaten the companions who try to leave. That's the only way for me to make sure no one ever leaves because every now and then they will still try to. But it seems that after I threaten them, they turn completely loyal to me and they love me so much that they don't bother leaving anymore.
  4. Companions leaving on a whim?!

They (vaguely) tell you at the end why they leave. There are 3 things they say: Unhappy about your choice of companions, your leadership and state of affairs. The main thing you must keep in mind is that they don't get along with certain companions. Certain events affect the state of affairs. Like looting vilages, having no food, losing battles. I'm not sure what affects their approval of your leadership. Losing and winning battles, I guess.

If you don't feel like playing the matchmaker, you can disable this system with the program called TweakMB. Check out the sticky called TweakMB for more info. It allows you to add a dialogue in which you tell them that they can only leave once they die, either in battle or by your hand!  :twisted: But seriously, they are deserting and stealing your expensive gear in the process, so it's not like they don't deserve such threats... If I could, I would impale one of them to show them what I do with deserters, like Vlad the Impaler did. That would teach them!
  5. Strategy

Ogrecorps said:
    In response to the "no more rambo" posts I reply with this: naked, alone, and on foot I have twice now killed 20 armed bandits with only a sword. Only the second time did I get screenies though because I didn't expect the first adventure to work. No cheats, tweaks, or mods of any type were used.

Well, you have clearly shown us that going Rambo against a bunch of bandits is possible.

However, a real battle (50 vs 50 soldiers or larger) is much more complex than that. There will be so many variables involved that you won't be able to do things as perfectly as you did fighting those simple bandits. There will be so much chaos and things will happen so quickly that you won't see that cavalry flanking you, or that swordman running up behind you, or that musketeer taking aim at you as you take a moment to gather your senses. Then there is, of course, pure bad luck involved, as a stray bullet hits you in your face, for example. In a real battle there are a lot more things involved than what you tried in your experiment.

I want you to fight 10 proper battles against a professional army (like the Swedish). Participate in the battles as a front line soldier, then come back here and tell us with a straight face that you didn't die in half of those battles. If you can do that, then we will be impressed. And then you will have converted us all to Rambo-ism.
  6. My combat role as a commander?

quicksilver67 said:
    I was leading by example. The foe were not many in number, and not a single foeman wore anything better than gowns. They carried some sort of a pole axe and a long musket, but so what? We would ride over them and listen to the lamentation of their women, while looting their corpses for whatever we could find. I lifted my saber up high, and began leading my melee equipped cavalrymen around their flank, while my pistol equipped cavalry engaged at range. All was well, their numbers were dwindling rapidly, and they had gathered into a tight defensive formation, expecting a charge which would never come. I crested a hill at their rear, ordered all troops to attack, and then stared downhill at the slaughter. The next moment, I noticed one of the bunched musketeers turn towards me, raising his firearm. I reached for mine, but I had forgotten to reload it. He smiled briefly, waved, and then put a round in my chest. I stared at the sky as my troops streamed past me in retreat. In was then that I resolved to lead from the rear, out of military propriety, of course.

That's what happend to me as well! lol

I just figured out a safe way to "lead by example", but it's not cheap and only applies to siege battles. You have to get the best armor and shield, only then is it safe enough because the armor can soak up a few hits from muskets. The armor works very well against melee weapons (they do relatively little damage), so it's great for siege battles when you are up close and personal. Plus, when you are standing on the wall and are surrounded by enemies, the enemy musketeers can't get a line of sight on you, so you can't get hit. Keep in mind that muskets can still take you out very quickly, so I don't recommend this during open field battles and preferably, go in second or third (let other people get shot). Melee shouldn't be much of a problem, but muskets still are, so remember not to get shot!  :wink:
  7. My combat role as a commander?

Your role as a commanding officer is to lead your men. You do whatever it takes to lead them, at all times, and without exception. There's one thing that can stop you from performing your duty (leading your men), and that is when you get shot. When you get shot, you end up laying on the ground screaming in pain, and in such a state you are useless to your men. Not only are you useless but you also endanger your men's lives because you leave them without your superior leadership. As you can see, getting shot while performing leadership duties is a highly irresponsible thing to do. This is why you have to do whatever you think is necessary to avoid getting shot.

Avoiding getting shot usually means you stay in the rear and avoid attracting any unwanted attention to yourself. Don't forget, your job is to lead, your men's job is to do the hard work. Of course, you should engage targets of opportunity, but without breaking the previously mentioned rule (don't get shot). When you get shot, you have only yourself to blame for putting yourself in that position (on the ground, screaming in pain). Don't put yourself in that position. Instead, put yourself in a position where you lead your men to victory (preferably, all of your men).

This is a universal rule of leading, so remember it.

What this means for me, is that I stay in the rear and take pot shots at enemies. I also do rear gaurd duty, I engage any enemies who end up behind my army's formation. Usually this means I chase enemy cavalry who run behind my musketeers. Near the end of the battle (if I'm winning), I move to the front line and join the battle myself, but I prioritize fleeing enemies because they don't fight back, meaning less risk of me getting killed at the last moment. Generally, I try to make myself useful while reducing the chance of getting killed to a minimum.
  8. Strategy

Archonsod said:
    Mollberg said:
    Why is this better than standing on top of the wall fireing down as they approach :?:
    Because it funnels them in to a tight area. Musketry is at it's most effective when the enemy is in a group, the tighter they're packed the better.

That, and another important reason. When you are on top of the wall, your soldiers can't kill off the approaching enemies fast enough. So, the enemy climbs the ladders pretty quickly, forcing your soldiers to engage in melee. Engaging in melee means there's a high risk of casulties.

When your soldiers are lined up down in the courtyard, they have a clear view on whoever is on top of the wall. Before the enemy can get down the wall, they have to run along the wall to the stairs. This gives your musketeers plenty of time to shoot most of them. The few enemies who make it down into the courtyard, you should be able to handle on your own, allowing your musketeers to keep shooting the enemies on top of the wall. First of all, it's basically like a reverse slope defense, forcing the enemies to come at you one by one. Second, it's like a tower defense scenario, forcing the enemy to run around your defenses while you shoot at them.

Just try it out yourself. When you stand in the courtyard and take a look at the wall, it will become clear what a great vantage point it is.
  9. Strategy

Evil Cereal said:
    i haven't played WFaS for that long time, BUT, my favourite strategy in MaB's mods, when you have a lot of lancers and fighting against musketeers only was this: Shout "Stay where you are!" and charge the enemy alone. When you are around one third through the way shout "Charge!". Now the more dangerous part: ride your horse in front of the enemy and go behind them, but keep your distance. The idiots will turn around and shoot after you. As they have muskets, they will reload, but they wont finish it, because they will be killed by your lancers, that they did not see.  :grin:

I find that waaaay to risky, since you can get killed with 1 or 2 hits. I usually stay behind my army, like a reponsible leader should do. After all, your army will fall into chaos without you, so you should do whatever you can to stay alive, for their sake.  :wink:

Here's a nice tactic for defending fortresses (the ones in the south east, at least). Have an army of musketeers, leave the walls and line up your musketeers down in the courtyard. This way they will be able to turkey shoot the enemy as they come up the ladders. The ladders/entry-points will form fatal funnels, making it easier for your musketeers to shoot the enemies as they get on top of the wall. You should be positioned at one of the flanks to take out any enemies who make it down the walls.
  10. Companion Compatibility

A hotfix to turn off the companion drama would be nice. I just lost yet another important companion (my medic) and if I lose any more companions due to my bad "matchmaking" skills, I'm just going to cry! And he didn't even bother to return all the expensive gear I gave him. Everyone in this game is taking advantage of me! :cry:

This game already is brutally hard without such annoyances, so if you know how to turn it off, please do tell!
  11. M&B Superhero-style...anyone?

I tried something similar once. The only cheat I used was reducing the damage in options to 1/4 and 1/3. I wanted to see how long I could go on by myself. The problem is that archers and crossbowmen would slaughter me the moment I would make visual contact. Javelins I could dodge and let the enemy waste all of them but arrows and bolts were much harder to dodge, even impossible if you get too close.

So I made an adjustment to my plan. I purchased a horse so I could turn into a horse archer. This way I could ride in circles around the enemy, picking of their ranged units and then close in to finish of the melee infantry. This plan was very successful until I started fighting large armies, 50+. The only way to defeat those is to kill as many ranged enemies with your bow until your arrows run out, then retreat and repeat so you got an infinite amount of arrows. The bad thing is that you first must kill all the enemy cavalry to be able to retreat. It's not that cavalry is hard to kill, it's just that you waste a lot of arrows by killing them. But once their ranged units are gone you can close in to finish of the rest of the enemies. I found a lance to be the most effective when fighting against melee units. This way I could almost completely get rid of the chance to get hit by the enemy melee units.

It's a very safe way to fight. You need to be safe when there are a lot of them and only one of you. They might not do much damage but when you get hit once by every enemy soldier, you will die quickly.
  12. I Love Horse Archers

McSpanky said:
    Great job on the video, but next time put some real battle footage of YOU fighting in it.

There are already a lot of gameplay videos on Youtube so I don't really see a point in making another one. Besides, gameplay videos are too easy, they are not challenging enough.  :wink:
  13. Catapult

Redcoat - Mic said:
    To make a hole in the wall to get in, not blow it up, bit hard to do that with blocks of stone.  :lol:

Well, the first time I saw the trebuchet I was hoping that I could simply bombard the enemy. They don't have morale and won't give up in this game but I was hoping I could at least bombard them until their numbers would decrease by hell of a lot. Also, I wouldn't really mind destroying or at least badly crippling some castles. This would decrease the enemies' influence over a particular area. And you don't have to worry about the enemy re-capturing the castle, so you can focus your forces elsewhere.

But I guess in this game it's better to capture castles because they got secret underground bunkers, where they do secret experiments to create trees that grow money.
  14. Should a death script be added in the native game?

Stella said:
    Vilhjalmr said:
    When the player falls on his ass on the battlefield, you get booted to the menu and your save gets deleted. :smile:

(Maybe some other steps as well, like wounds or fancy menus and ****e.)

Yes, well, let's talk more about the wounds and fancy menus and ****e. The other part I figured on already.

A red haze drifts across the screen as Lady Stella is dumped unceremoniously from her crippled Charger.

The screen goes slowly black as Lady Stella screams in agony with an arrow sticking through her head.

Lady Stella lays dying on the ground (the cold frozen ground around Curaw), with snow falling lightly, as her troops trod over her to their doom.

Fancy menu: Please choose: Cake? Death? Start Over?

:mrgreen:

It depends. Is the cake a lie?
  15. Should a death script be added in the native game?

Just keep in mind that many people don't like this idea. In their opinion it might be too hardcore. Whenever I die or lose stats permanently in EG2, I simply reload. Starting from scratch when you've come real far or losing your stats which are extremely hard to increase, that's not my idea of fun.
Back
Top Bottom