Recent content by Bjuret

1. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

In just abort all sieges you will need to soften the defenses. But it isn't all the battle! With a good shield and great armour you can push inside. Take down the archery positions and clear the way for your men! Obviously this is more of a late game thing.

Don't lose hope in the game as released, they might be clumsy but they can give good satisfaction.
  2. So I just defeated Warlord Zakur

The actual character needs to have enough up when you start the fight to spawn in the battle. Wait until it reaches higher % health after his name when you hover over the enemy on the strategic map.
  3. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

msvalentine4 said:
    Bjuret said:
    Epicrules said:
    Yeah, I don't really feel inclined to discuss this with somebody whose first move is an insult, especially when the people who it matters to discuss it with have already seen my input. Bitter? Yes. Do I expect anything? Not really.

If you don't want to talk about it, then please shut up about it.
    Your passive-aggressive sniping on the designers was insulting enough that I took offense, and it's not even directed at me.
    Be thankful that you have a great, free mod to play, just as I am grateful that you are not in charge of design on this project.

Since you have decided your the better man by tossing insults at someone, you should really look at my post which sparked your "outrage". Making so that the only way to achieve a certain knight order is to make a pre-game choice, or choose a side you may or may not support is a little short sighted. But this mod is in 3.8, so im assuming this has been brought up before several times
    No, I believe I decided to be the worse man. That's how insults work.

I don't really see the issue, to be honest. How is it short-sighted? There are loads of other knighthood orders, you can even customize your own. What the limitations on the order and the interaction between them brings is a greater integration of gameplay elements. Personally I value that higher than another order that is never used, like it used to be.
  4. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Epicrules said:
    This is exactly the problem. The idea that if you have an issue with something, you should just be "grateful for what you have". That's so flawed it's beyond belief. PoP is my favorite mod. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, whenever this comes up - I've gotten many hours of fun out of PoP. I think it's probably one of if not the best mod there is. That doesn't mean it's flawless. There are issues. Pretending that there are no issues just because there are good things is really daft. I don't have anything against the developers who have made this mod as fun as it is, but not everybody makes good decisions all the time. If you want to discuss this calmly and rationally, I can do that, but not when your first move is "hurr hurr you're stupid and entitled because you don't like something". Is that reasonable to you?
    Very reasonable. I don't see any problems with open discussion. But you were not trying to discuss anything, you were answering question with opinion. Don't do that.
    If you want to discuss the issue of the Griffons, I'm listening.
  5. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Epicrules said:
    Yeah, I don't really feel inclined to discuss this with somebody whose first move is an insult, especially when the people who it matters to discuss it with have already seen my input. Bitter? Yes. Do I expect anything? Not really.

If you don't want to talk about it, then please shut up about it.
    Your passive-aggressive sniping on the designers was insulting enough that I took offense, and it's not even directed at me.
    Be thankful that you have a great, free mod to play, just as I am grateful that you are not in charge of design on this project.
  6. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Epicrules said:
    The response to the communication is what provoked that, actually, but you're welcome to think what you want.

Then I choose to believe that when your mother tells you that you are special, she really means "special".
    You come across like a spoiled child. Passive-aggressive, entitled and bitter.
    What exactly was your issue again? The griffons are hardly a hassle to get access to, you just need to make some small sacrifices in starting stats and conditions. I fail to see where that is a horrible design decision. Care to embellish?
  7. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Epicrules said:
    Unless anything has changed, which is doubtful, because if you have a problem you should obviously just make your own mod instead of bringing up valid complaints about an unsatisfactory situation so that they can be addressed. I'm definitely not being sarcastic or using this post as a convenient springboard to make a broader statement at all, no siree.
    Good, because the last thing we need is an entitled, sarcastic smart-aww on this forum who can't communicate their issues.

I'm glad you took the high road!
  8. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

SelfAppointedTyrant said:
    Thinking about it, it's easier to just be the man behind the scenes, it's easier to help a kingdom as it's vassal.

As long as you break free when they start denying your rightful claims. :smile:
  9. Ok, i'm dead

sher brings up a good point; vassalage. You could perhaps hold out long enough to join a nearby king? Takes about a week I think, that might be too long. But there's a window, I believe, between the return of your emissary and your actual joining (have to swear to the king) to recapture Ethos, should you lose it. They won't stick around, and they won't leave many troops behind either. Should be easy to retake with elites, which should pretty soon be easy to replace, especially if you have a walled fief.

The method described by sher is the way I play this game. You see, I'm not really that good at this game, so I avoid risky plays and like to see the odds stacked in my favor.

My recommendation in general is to play as a vassal. Grow under their protection until you can grow no further, then gut the kingdom, bringing with you the friends you've made in your conquests and then consume your host nation, now weakened by the loss of their most powerful lords and holdings.

Another thing that's good to remember; this is a sandbox. Sometimes it's just not the right time. Learn from your experiences. Adapt. Evolve.
  10. Income of Towns

When the connected villages are safe and prosperous, the town gives higher income. I think the peasant parties need to be arriving too.
  11. What battle limit are you guys using?

The mechanics lost to a bigger battlesize are mainly on the strategic level. Certain skills lose their lustre for sure. Tactics (if it's everyone on the field, battle advantage doesn't really matter) and First Aid (only one battleround) comes to mind, I'm sure there are some others. I find the trade worth it, usually go for 300.
  12. Companion Lordship

You can still develop and equip companion lords. You can't send them on missions, but you can ask them to follow you.
  13. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I tend to go for a female build for any serious playthrough. As you said, the husband is real good, a lot more useful than a wife.
    It does take longer before you get to do tourneys, I chose a non-noble background and was on a powerlevel to consider castles before I was allowed in. I'm also annoyed that females don't get to duel rivals, if someone else has captured your heart sweet prince, let me go tear hers out and give it to you. Or at least tell her to back off.

Hunterkiller, it gets better if you become independent, then you can directly assign fiefs to a lord or choose to wait for later.
    If you talk to a nearby lord and announce your support, the fief will go to a lord and become garrisoned at least a little.
  14. Companion Lordship

sher said:
    Immersion and roleplay reasons I can understand but what other you can achieve with this is beyond me - it's such a power loss. Have you ever tried not to promote companions to know the difference?

Where is the loss in power? I think of it as hiring a mercenary lord from a tavern, I only give my actual companions fiefs when I feel I don't need or want them. But still, 8000 for an honorable lord? Fail to see the power loss.
  15. Companion Lordship

sher said:
    Bjuret said:
    I usually have no choice but to promote one or two knights into lordship as a first for a new kingdom (along with a merc band)

Why? Starting very early?
    I don't think so. One city 3 castles at the very minimum.
    They are not really worse than other lords, and there's always some that I don't use. Couple of grand for a lord is too much of a bargain to pass up. It's not always quick to convert lords (miscalculating how much rep is needed, sometimes they just don't want to be captured ex) so the extra muscle is useful. I don't really rest between battles, and even with max wound treatment it takes a bit of time to replenish. Good to have spares. I'd rather fight 30v3 than 30v1.

Edit: sometimes I give companions a fief because they've earned it. Immersion yo!
Back
Top Bottom