Recent content by BigBizkit

1. BigBizkit

Tutorial Other Install and manage mods with Vortex

Whenever i try to update a mod with Vortex for Bannerlord, supported through vortex, it just puts me on the mods homepage, instead of downloading it :sad:

Some mods can be updated automatically, others will require you to pick the file to download from the mod page.

It depends on the way the mod author has updated the mod in question. If you can show me a screenshot of your mod list, or name the mods, I can double-check and reach out to the mod authors to see if it can be changed so you can pull the update automatically in Vortex.
  2. BigBizkit

Again to bring this back on topic ?...

We've been working on implementing Load Order Management in Vortex. This is a preview from an internal build, but this upgrade is now also on the Vortex testing branch (1.2.4). To opt into the Vortex testing branch go to "Settings" (side menu) > Vortex > Update > and select testing.

Sneak preview of LO Management in Bannerlord:
    qPE9OOd.jpg

• The "Native" module is locked in place, the other default modules can be moved but not disabled.
    • Mods/Modules can be dragged up or down (last one is the conflict winner)
    • Auto Sort (this is what you are intended to use) will parse the SubModule.xml files and order the modules according to what is defined under "DependedModules". In other words it will automatically sort by dependencies!
    • As you can see in the example with the Custom Campaign Options mod, if a dependency is missing (no BannerLib installed) the module will be automatically disabled and flagged up.

We have been in conversation with various mod authors regarding this functionality to make it the best it can be. And we are, of course, always open to more feedback from the community!

To quote our Vortex dev who has been working on this extension:
    "We want this to fit exactly as they want it to, but we need the feedback to get it there!"
  3. BigBizkit

Hey there,

It seems the conversation has gone a bit off track. To bring it back and to quickly address a few points that have been brought up:

• The need for accounts on Nexus Mods is largely because of our Mod Author Rewards Program. We need to be able to track unique downloads to determine how much of the monthly rewards to allocate to the mod authors who have uploaded mods to our site (and opted into our rewards program). Without being able to determine that, we couldn't run a rewards program, and many many mod authors wouldn't get their share of the ~$23,000 we feed into our rewards program every month.
    • Vortex is the official mod manager of Nexus Mods and we have been in the "mod manager business" for over a decade now! Further, the Bannerlord extension was created by one of our Vortex developers i.e. by someone employed by Nexus Mods. Moreover, the extension is actively being worked on and we are currently adding load order management to it and customising a few features to make Bannerlord support the best it can be. My colleague Pickysaurus and I are in conversation with the Bannerlord community and mod authors in particular to find out what exactly needs to be done to improve upon the extension. If you have any feedback in that regard, do not hesitate to let us know!

That being said, of course, if you prefer to install your mods manually then, by all means, feel free to do that. Vortex and Bannerlord support are here for people who want to have more control over the mods they install and have an easier time managing their mods.

As I said, Bannerlord support and Vortex itself are constantly being worked on. We're soon going to release a substantial update to Vortex. If you're curious to see what's new, keep your eyes peeled for a news post that my colleague Pickysaurus has been working on covering all the recent improvements to various game extensions and Vortex itself.
  4. BigBizkit

Documentation Coding Community Modding Documentation

Thanks a lot for doing this, Ster! Great to see the Bannerlord modding community collaborating like that and sharing the knowledge :smile:

These might be of interest for mod authors who upload to Nexus Mods:
  5. BigBizkit

SP Dark Ages TRYZNA

Sounds very intriguing! Best of luck for your project.
  6. BigBizkit

B Antiquity Mount & Gladius II: Rise of Aurelian

That sounds like an epic mod in the making! I just joined your Discord and I'm looking forward to seeing more. Best of luck! :smile:
Back
Top Bottom