Recent content by berserkercookie

1. In Progress Constant freezes/stuttering/lag/GPU running between 80-100%

Were you able to get a definitive answer? im having a somewhat similiar problem with freezing. I bought the game nearly a year ago and didnt have any problems up until recently. Ive tried adjusting the settings and everything and im running it off a gaming computer so i dont understand whats causing the issue. 200+ hours into this game and now all of a sudden im having nonstop issues to the point where im considering requesting a refund. I cant even enter a battle without it freezing and if the game has been running for a little bit it will do the same in the menus.
    Many of us have the same problems and threads with similar rigs and no answer or solution to it. And we never will. They already started recruiting staff for a new project and i highly doubt we ever get this fixed now or in the future.

Not trying to be negative about it but with every patch this got worse and worse instead of better. Also the amount of threads who described this problem started to increase. Still you can download every new patch and i can almost guarantee it will not improve gameplay. The last time it worked for me was before 1.5 versions. So i already gave up on this game and the company.
  2. Election system still ruins the game. Please delete, let player run own faction, please make strategy game!

So far, I've always had to vote on the peace as a ruler, like it will pop up and make me do it if I ignore it. I am aware of other players saying they missed the notification and it was resolved without them, not sure if it a player kingdom or as a vassal though. People have said they "hear' the peace offer but don't see the emblem. For the second part, yes the only time I've payed tribute in my current game was to the defeated Khuzaits, meaning just their ruling clan and mercs, even though they pose no threat. I think this is because thier war score makes them so aggressive because they have no fiefs compared to field power. They of course declared war very soon but I haven't seen a peace proposal for them again in a good while. They are basically fodder now and there are just too many of my parties for them to even raid. Bad deal for the mercs though...
    Not for me. My wars get auto resolved with peace i have no influence over and i always have to pay tribute to them for no freaking reason despite wiping the floor with them. However last night i got 3 kingdoms declaring war on me at the same time and lost a significant amount of fiefs. No auto peace there. Not even once.
    And when i start a war against my council decisions they or the ai auto resolves it almost a day or two after it started with my side paying tribute to the enemy kingdom.

I calculated that my kingdom will go bankrupt in a few ingame weeks if this bug or whatever it is continues.
  3. Election system still ruins the game. Please delete, let player run own faction, please make strategy game!

Do you guys also have the problem that your Kingdom is auto resolving peace and simply inform you after it? Also bankrupting you in the process cause somehow you made peace with an enemy faction and pay them tribute despite the fact you literally wiped the floor with them a moment ago?
    Or is that just me?
  4. In Progress Constant freezes/stuttering/lag/GPU running between 80-100%

If those are the first 3 yes, @Flesson19 can clarify since it was his great idea.

Tampered a bit with stuff and it runs better now at least halfway playable so thanks :smile:
  5. In Progress Constant freezes/stuttering/lag/GPU running between 80-100%

In your settings, the first 3 options under Performance, lower them 1 each. Flesson19 recommended that and it significantly improved my performance as well.

Yeah, 1.6.4 isn't perfect, but it was a big improvement over 1.6.3.

What you mean by the first 3 options under performance?
    Anti-Aliasing
    Shader Quality
    Texture streaming Budget?
  6. In Progress Constant freezes/stuttering/lag/GPU running between 80-100%

Have you tried 1.6.4?

While the loading in Towns/Villages is still slow, they Campaign Map travel has really improved.

Its not perfect, but its better.

I really did install the game back and tried every patch and nothing. Then i read your comment and installed 1.6.4 and it works better. Still alot of freeze and stuttering but the menus and overall map are way better than before. Still a nightmare but a faster one.

So i hope the 1.6.5 Version will improve this further. At least i can try to play now again. Slowly....very slowly but i try. So thank you ^^
  7. In Progress Constant freezes/stuttering/lag/GPU running between 80-100%

Guys i posted the same issue when we had version 1.5.9. as the latest build.
    Forget that this ever gets fixed. Every patch makes it worse for an increasing number of people. Your hardware is not the issue here.

My thread with the exact same problem is "in progress" for over 6 months now. I already have given up getting this fixed then, now or ever. I would suggest you uninstall the game and focus your time elsewhere till this issue is fixed in a future update/patch or not at all.

If it is getting fixed in the future you will find out over youtube or other media and can download the game again.
    If it isn't fixed you save yourself alot of time trying to fix this as the problem is not on your end and also alot of free disk space.
  8. Need More Info Stuttering Gameplay - Low FPS

This issue started for me with e1.5.9 and it appears it continues to this day in version 1.6.3

It still baffles my mind that we went from a halfway but decently stable alpha version to this. The game is literally unplayable for me. Meanwhile AC Valhalla runs fine. How that can be is beyond me but it is what it is.

6 Months ago i opend a thread for exactly this problem and it is still in process. I highly doubt this game will eve be in a playable state anymore cause every update instead of fixing the issue makes it worse for an increasing number of people with every patch that follows.
  9. In Progress Game with current update is unplayable. Lags and stutter nonstop

Just came back to the game after a few months and set it to the stable branch. Brand new game, still the same laggy menus. Use to be no issue with menu lag or overhead map and now that basically 70% of the game. Still unplayable. Which is weird because at one point a few months ago I played on a beta patch and it the menu lag was almost virtually gone. Now coming back and setting it to the stable branch is like no improvements have been made to correct these issues at all. I cant stand have to wait 5-7 seconds for the game to catch up and not lag and run smooth before I can open another menu or click on a new settlement on the map before having to wait another 5-7 seconds for the game to catch up and I can continue playing. No lag anywhere else either. Massive field battles and Keep battles are fine. But god forbid I need to open a menu the game can't handle it and now needs to wait 5-7 seconds for it to process what the **** opening a menu is.

Welcome to the Club. I can play AC Valhalla everything maxed out graphic and performance wise. But god forbid i open a menu ingame or try to run around the map. The game still stutters like hell and while my rig surely can handle big battles the game engine can not. After talking with some friends who are from IT one of them made a good point.

Either the game has issues with multiple CPU`s by failing to either switch between them or adressing the different cores to split work in between them. Which in this day and age is a mere joke as Dualcore was standard almost 10 years ago and quadcore is the new standard if not even octa. This however would be an engine problem and could be fixed software wise.

Combine this knowledge with the fact that the game engine fails to correctly communicate with the RAM as well and simply does not take more if avaliable as it seems to be capped and you start to realize something is very off here.
    Which results in the game demanding more resources but not finding any more RAM despite it being there and therefore delegating every need for more resources to the CPU. And if the CPU's are also not handled correctly by the software you get a never ending story till the game crashes to desktop as a single or dual CPU can not work properly without sharing their work correctly in between them. The game will demand more and more till the CPU can not give anymore and the major RAM stays unused bringing the game right back to desktop.

According to my friend this seems to be the most likely case as there is no way this game could overstress 4 cores and 32GB RAM at the same time while AC Valhalla does not.

However he also said. Software wise it sounds easy to fix. But only on paper. In reality thats a real clusterf.... of a game engine bug that you need to find and smooth out. Cause it could be almost anything causing that problem

I already have given up getting a fix for that as regardless the version the game is unplayable for me. But if someone could use that information to find a fix for himself i might share it. Could be totally wrong as well but you never know.

Good Luck man :smile:
  10. In Progress Game with current update is unplayable. Lags and stutter nonstop

Did you try upgrading to 1.60 ?
    There was further improvements in it overall.

But keep in mind Early Acess is well not the final release, I have no idea when it will go full retail.

You final conclusion though, is a solid one, be more cautions with buying games etc. Cp2077 had 1 issue from the start for him, so I instantly asked steam for a refund, and got it.
    Other than that I'm in BG3 EA which is fun and all, but their pace of content being shipped is "too slow for me" and I didnt find it that "fun to replay" to be fair.

Bannerlord I've clocked in over 2,2k hrs so even before relase I would say that I have got my moneys worth lol.
    I'm not suffering from issues that make it unplayable, I'm suffering more from issues on their game design decisions that I makes it unenjoyable(just too much war overall, I wont play with mods during EA, but in retail this will be fixed on my end.)

Yeah i did but no changes. It still works better when i turn my router off. For what reason that influences the game is beyond me. CP2077 was an issue for me as i pre ordered the deluxe edition so a refund was not really possible as i set it up for myself as christmas gift and with all the family parties etc i didn't get to play till mid january and shut myself out of any reviews to spoiler myself with anything. But once i played a bit i was really mind blown how bad the game was. Never pre order anything in my life except rockstar games. They seem to get the working game on release everytime.

Well i only have 314 hours in Bannerlord but if i could play it i would probably be around 1,5k counting in the time i have. But it is unplayable for me since over half a year so i have given up on getting a fix for any of those problem in the near future. Who knows maybe it gets better in the full retail version. All i can do is wait and pray.

But thanks for the insights man. Glad at least someone can enjoy the game :smile:
  11. In Progress Game with current update is unplayable. Lags and stutter nonstop

Well i guess i have to wait the next patch and hope for the best as this thread is pretty much dead and the communication is as well. Didn't see anything from dev side adressing said issues anywhere else so i guess we can close this thread and do nothing about it.

Well i liked M&B and Warband. And Fire and Sword as well as Viking Conquest. Hell i even play Napoleonic wars multiplayer from time to time as it is still alot of fun trying to win a siege or defend a castle.

But i guess this is the end for me and Taleworlds.

Thanks for the past games and the wonderful experience in hundreds of hours and mod support to enjoy.

Also Thank you for at least a time i could enjoy M&B2 Bannerlords until it got unplayable for me. I hope that some day i can return and enjoy this game once more. As for now i don't see this happening and like i did with Cyberpunk 2077 i simply have to rethink who i am giving my money to in the future....
  12. In Progress Game with current update is unplayable. Lags and stutter nonstop

Hm.. looking at settings I dont suffer from this issue, but I was thinking to suggest you could tweak a setting, but I dont find it anymore?

There used to be a setting that let you switch the load between the GPU vs CPU, so if you had a weak cpu but strong gpu(like me) you could make the gpu do all the heavy lifting.

Maybe this is the case for some of you guys that the load is now shifted from a to b and you should have it on the opposite or in the middle?

Just a shot in the dark that might be worth haveing a look at?

Either that or it has something to do with the internet. Cause if i turn off my router it runs alot smoother (still lots of stuttering and lags but a bit better overall) . For whatever reason that is i have not the slightest idea.
  13. In Progress Game with current update is unplayable. Lags and stutter nonstop

Related fixes were not in part of the latest patch.

My bad then. BUT may i add that the stuttering inside a village/town/city has gone down a bit by it? So whatever you guys did on that one seems to be the right direction.

Thanks for the info :smile:
  14. In Progress Game with current update is unplayable. Lags and stutter nonstop

We are aware of these issues and currently working towards fixing the lag on the menu openings. Thanks for reporting.

Thanks for letting us know. The small update did sadly nothing for me so i have to wait for the next major patch i believe in order to see any performance changes.
  15. In Progress Game with current update is unplayable. Lags and stutter nonstop

You know that you were kinda harsh right at the beginning?

True we are not paid for this, there is a group of people like you said that are paid for that, some game developing teams can afford that others not, but even when the ones can afford a team they also benefit from the reports they get for FREE from the community that supports the game and wants to see the game being successful and they will add that extra effort.

Helping for free is of course optional, the game is still in EA stage so when you bought the game you should know what you are going for, even then you can play the game at that state and not reporting any bugs at all it's up to you.

So a response like the one above and comments like these "Dont you love it when corporations and companies always put it on the customer lmao. corpos dont like it when they gotta fix their stuff they just want sheep buying their product and not questioning their product." wont help the situation.

Me and many others have been reporting several bugs since very early stages of the game and im pretty sure we are not expecting getting paid or anything, we just feel that this game has a lot potential and IF we can why not give and extra boost to reach that end right? of course it feels good when there is gratification or what not, i fully understand that part, but then again no one asked us to do this...

Now to why no reply after you uploaded the test... that's a good question.

I'm not here to defend the studio, i'm not receiving anything at all, but wanted to say that the "trash/bash" comments are not necessary when the game is in this stage, IF the game was already been launched and branded as fully released i would kinda agree the pressure but at this time? makes no sense.

You know what a ripoff/shame game that was given up even with support? Anthem, and pretty sure there are many others.

Of course it's just my opinion.
    True that i was a bit harsh but i am in general tired of games getting worse after updates or patches and not better despite having a rig that should have 0 issues with the game. Maybe i should work on my temper in the future.

Also i will install the new patch tomorrow and report back if the game runs better or not.
Back
Top Bottom