Recent content by Beelzebub

1. Paradox's Project: War of the Roses - War of the Vikings

Reapy said:
    Hard to find info on this, it sounds like warband from the description. Are they building it unity or UDK or something?

It's under NDA so I don't think I should say anything but I have seen alpha footage of some combat and I gotta say there's pretty decent progress over the past 8 months since they started from scratch so hopefully they are successful by next year and there will be a nice new game for us fans of melee combat multiplayer games to enjoy (one that's not garbage like war of the roses).
  2. Paradox's Project: War of the Roses - War of the Vikings

I can't believe paradox gave these guys more money.

I guess they are pretty desperate to have a melee gaming action title since warband has been such a cashcow but taleworlds isn't gonna need them for M&B2. Warband btw is still top 30 in steam stats, and that doesn't include all the c-rpg players who don't use original launcher anymore.

After this fails they should look at http://melee.org/, the c-rpg devs making their own stand alone title.
  3. Paradox's Project: War of the Roses - War of the Vikings

After how bad war of the roses was, are there really that many brain damaged individuals who will go out there and purchase a re-skinned version of it at new release prices??
  4. Is this Mod in English or Chinese?

it is english translation, not perfect but not to the point of being indecipherable.

very good adventure mod, try it
  5. Hacking in Warband

Vincenzo said:
    I think CRPG guys had some script checks added in their client side that allowed them to redflag auto blockers.

A true hacker can disable such things too you know.

They seem to be pretty ontop of auto block hackers there but that's the benefit of having active devs and admins watching the game everyday.

I know Taleworlds is a small company and now focused on M&B2 but I think when it launches they need to dedicate more programming resources to native MP scene to actively keep ontop of cheaters and constantly updating anti-hacking scripts to detect popular hack programs.
  6. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Sounds awsome, everything I could hope for for M&B2. Taking the game from its garage origins to sleek, polished AAA game but still super mod friendly.

They really should try their best to implement a multiplayer campaign map like crpg strategus, it's quite revolutionary for this kind of FPS/3rd person multiplayer action game. Maybe hire the guys who did it?
  7. Hosting a Dedicated Server Guide

Any idea what's up if I change name of my server and now it no longer appears on list? Was fine before but I did that and now it's been hours, restarted and stopped-started it a bunch of times.
  8. Keep buying the game on Steam, Hiccups and all

I would assume a lot of M&B players beyond MM community will buy it. c-RPG, native, and other mods, maybe even single player people will wade into multiplayer with it.
  9. Best way to get Pendor recruits?

Pendor archers have pretty high skills for cheap price, and easy to promote. Same goes for Pendor infantry. Pendor knights and some Pendor orders like Griffon wll fill out your heavy cavalry needs. You will do fine with just pendor troops.
  10. Mount & Blade 2 announced!

Outlawed said:
    This is the thing.
    cRPG is sort of meh. Its so imbalanced, hard to actually enjoy the game without jumping straight to lvl 30.
    Also, all cRPG has to worry about is importing a skill/items/user profile list from their servers. Its relatively stress free, especially when you do all the work externally. A Co-op/persistent MMO approach means you have to relay the whole lot of new features that an MMO needs to survive, like in-game guilds, pve, pvp, tournaments, global events...etc

The engine alone has troubles handling these kinds of things. They'd have to redesign EVERYTHING while focusing more on making the MMO approach work, as opposed to making what they already have better, more refined and more enjoyable, which is the priority, at least for me that is. They need to get Warband right first before they can jump up in their scales.

While its in an OKAY place in Native, Warband would benefit from some balancing. Not just in stats, I'm talking animations, mechanics, and things like archery.

Well that's why they are making M&B2. So the game is a polished piece of work from the beginning with a professional engine that can do animations and questing properly. M&B started super indy and with success added stuff like quests and conquering a kingdom in single player (they added a lot of it by hiring modders whos mods were way ahead of native, to replicate their work into native), the engine was also never even designed for multiplayer but due to popular demand they managed to create it (with great results!).

The current engine's limitations are very apparent even in single player where the AI is so easy to beat with bad target selection, rudimentry prediction abilities to defend itself and attack well. The questing and kingdom stuff is all pretty primative also, heavily scripted and could do with some better engine support. In Warband the weird animations and physics have really been exposed by players and a lot of wacky and unrealistic tricks are heavily used. Basically the ability of the team to improve this stuff in M&B must be severely limited at this point which is why an all new M&B2 engine is really needed.

I don't think they really need to make it into a full MMO, where everybody's avatar is in the same giant game online. What they can do is replacate cRPG's "Strategus" map where it's more of a clan campaign map that's basically a matchmaking system where victory rewards territory, and then there's a resource/economy system to add extra depth. "Strategus" is very ad-hoc and under-developed and could really use the resources of full, professional dev team, I think that system could really work in M&B2 as a competitive system for giant clans that want to conquer Caladria (with room for smaller clans to maneuever too).
  11. Mount & Blade 2 announced!

Outlawed said:
    Scully said:
    Give us an option. Regular matches like in Warband. And then a multiplayer campaign map with persistant leveling and purchasable gear.

While this sounds awesome, I doubt they have the resources to pull something like this off.
    I see the next game having a bunch of graphics tweaks, new more dynamic animations, better quests. I don't expect MP will change much.
    I don't know, maybe Taleworlds can surprise us.

If cRPG mod can make a multiplayer campaign with just a few amateur guys working on it part time I think Taleworlds can... Taleworlds isn't just two people working in a garage anymore they have the pedigree of a hit game, dozens of full time workers and a publisher backing them.
  12. whats with the hideout missions?

I don't shoot at the guys with shields except maybe at end, that's a waste, I just save my arrows to 1 shot singalian leaders and the occasional crossbow guildsmen too. Worst case I can pick some more off ground, maybe a loot a dead leader if I run out near end.

That's the most important thing to pick off enemy range troops, especially singalians, so your melee bull companions like Sir Roland, Diev or Siggy can do their thing take down between 70-100% of the guildsmen (the archers will pick off a dozen before they run out of arrows), just try not to keep them mostly together, but don't worry about it too much, maybe you'll have 10 or so guildsmen to kill at end.

But yeah in early game bandit/vanskerry/etc are a nice score but by mid-game only the guildsman treasure map ones are worth it unless you want to clear a lair away from one of your fiefs or are doing a quest.
  13. whats with the hideout missions?

usually the "leader" type special troops are kind of weak and can be 1 shotted. They have good stats but low HP so like the Singalian Leaders for the bandit treasure one can be nasty with their bows if left unchecked and snipe you and your troops to death.

What you do depends on the hideout type of course but let's say for the treasure hideouts (the most lucrative and maybe the hardest too) I bring a bow, go to the top on right with my guys, clear it then wait a bit while my archers fire away (fiev, julia, ediz) at guildsmen and draw some in which they kill easily along with my melee guys who are there. Myself I look to the right and pick off any singalian leaders who are advancing because they are the biggest threat. After a couple of minutes of that they are out of arrows so I just tell them all to charge and they'll run off and start killing while I make my way closer to the main leader spawn, picking off any singalians who appear then I camp it while my guys are still running around. You can sit right on it but you might get in trouble if 4 spawn at same time so I prefer to stay a bit off and soften them up with arrows. Depending on how well my companions do might kill all the enemies at the other spawn but even if they all get knocked out there's probably at this point only 5-10 left for me to kill, advance carefully and pick off any crossbowmen while trying to take them on 1v1 so you don't get overwhelmed.
  14. Optimal use of companions for Lords/Minister

Oh man I made Lethaldrian a lord and his Noldor troops are ridiculous. Donovan's Barclay toughs are pretty mean too.
Back
Top Bottom