Recent content by bebebebeni

1. Beginner guide and others Guides/Strategy/gameplay

No, they continue to attack. They keep saying sorry. Lol
  2. Beginner guide and others Guides/Strategy/gameplay

I meant realistic saving, cant reload older saves.

Havent been cheating when I made the kingdom. Started doing it with all the wars. I already went a long way andd a lott of factions started giving me treaties until I killed the lord.

Thanks for the help tho. Was just curious if there was a way to do it without the cheats. Also found out that with good rep, lords will like you like +1 relation. Takes a hell a lot of time tho coz of -30+ opinion on me.
  3. Beginner guide and others Guides/Strategy/gameplay

Not sure on what version but ita Brytenwalda. I sent gifts to factions with -3 or so relations and we made peace. Then they make alliances with those who are at war with me and they join the war. So no progress on peace. Cant reload a saved game coz I put it in realistic.

I downloaded repolished awhile back but it wont work so I stuck with the original game.
  4. Beginner guide and others Guides/Strategy/gameplay

Yo, so I made my own kingdom. Took a Mumain town and castle in Briton lands. Made Frioc and Arthur lords. Made war with Mierce. 2 lords join me. I capture Penda. They surrender and faction is lost. Then 1 lord rebelled and took my castle. Defeated Mierce again, then the same lord joined me again. He rebelles on me 3 times even though his relation with me was 36. I decided to kill that traitorous bastard. Suddenly everyone declared war on me. WTF?? I kill the traitor and that happens? What can I do to have peace in my kingdom? Everybody liked me before I killed him. What can I do? Help please. Really frustrating. Coz I helped a lot of lords and took a lot of time to make my kingdom.
  5. Beginner guide and others Guides/Strategy/gameplay

gdwitt said:
    Like you point out, Brytenwalda 1.41 only has a few strategies that enable survival and moderately rapid progress.
    Brytenwalda reworked weakened a few of those strategies and added about 10 more strategies for achieving early success.
    This should be like the real world, not some cheat guide.

Can you name some of the strategies? So I can play with a different style
  6. Beginner guide and others Guides/Strategy/gameplay

My guide for Brytenwalda.

Best to start near the faction of Bernaccia, will tell you why later on.

The first thing I do is go to the villages and buying cattle for less than 300 gold. I also try to recruit if any would care to join me. Buying all the cattle I could get, I set out for any of the towns of Bernaccia mainly Loidis and Eoforwick or whatever its called. I slaughter my cattles and sell the hides for 280 gold or more. If its below 280, I guess its fine since you already get a lot of profit from selling all the beef and hides. I find this to be the easiest way to get rich.

Looking out for bandits and attacking those that have prisoners. Buy cattle and recruit in villages as much as possible. Attack all the bandits that you feel you can win. This will get you renown and experience for your men. Once you get enough gold, try setting up enterprises. I chose making a tannery in Gwent, Dyfed and Brycheniog. Tanneries there would give you 500+ gold (somehow mine is 900). But still choose the one with greater profits.

Once my warband is a little strong, try joining a faction. Starting as a mercenary is better than being a vassal. Since you could leave and join others without the consequence of your liege getting mad at you. Making friends is very important later on in the game. Do tasks for the lords and help them out as much as possible during battles or sieges. From here on, choose the lord that you want to be affiliated with and look for a future wife.

Loot villages and bring the cattle. Slaughter the cattle and bring the hides to your tanneries inventory. This is probably the only enterprise where its easy to supply the raw materials.

Once you're set and your weekly budget will bring you thousands of income instead of expense, join a faction as a vassal. Village is the only fief they would give you, which is okay coz it adds income.

During war, follow the marshal and help him. Make him your friend. Make everybody in the faction your friends. So when the time comes and you friends siege a town, help them. When won ask them if they would support you to get the town. When 5 or more agrees that you should get the town, the king will give it to you. (I ordered my men to join the siege without me, i had only 70 men. But with my allies it was 1k. No effort whatsoever)

Now you have your own town which will make you even richer and will help give you more men. Tell the constable to recruit 50 people. Do this 4 times, you get 200 recruits. Do all of the above for awhile and tell your companions to spread the word that you should be the rightful king.

I advise to not try and get your own kingdom unless you can get 300+ troops in your warband with a lot of heavy infantry and 150k+ gold. This will support your expenses while looking for a town to conquer.

My guide ends here coz I havent gone to the part of making my own kingdom yet.

Be loyal to your liege for the time being and make friends as much as possible so they will join you once you get your own kingdom.

7. Beginner guide and others Guides/Strategy/gameplay

I also want to ask a question. Seems like when I recruit from villages, it gets expensive everytime. I had a character, -1000 reputation and 900+ renown. Nobody likes me there. And I was having a tough time recruiting new units. Recruiters from my town don't ever come back. I see them around the map not moving. I think this is a bug or something. But I cant even recruit from my own villages coz is cost like 12,000 for 12 pettas. WTF. Can someone help me?
  8. Beginner guide and others Guides/Strategy/gameplay

Hey yo wassap, great guide.

I don't think anyone already mentioned it, but I used to buy cattle from villages. If its less than 300 per cow, i'll buy it. Slaughter then get the fresh beef and hides. Hides can be sold at 300. 1 cow gives like 2 hides and 2 fresh beef.
Back
Top Bottom