Recent content by BeanyUndead

1. BeanyUndead

Can't Download 1.02

Hey there...this is day two of my attempt at downloading this mod. 1.02 is only available at Nexus which allows me to download from all of its servers (yes I've tried them all) at 67.5Ks. It says I've got 5 hours left but it took me all day yesterday. Not only that, when it was finally...
  2. BeanyUndead

Difference between SVN and 1.03?

Hey there...just getting back into this game...I have just updated my SVN version of this mod to the latest and it says V0.975 on the title screen. I have noticed however, that there is 1.02 version separate from the SVN download now available. My question is this: Is there a difference...
  3. BeanyUndead

Feedback current SVN revision - peasant abusion system

Hey there...just getting back into this...I have just updated my SVN version of this mod to the latest and it says V0.975 on the title screen. I have noticed however, that there is 1.02 version separate from the SVN download now available.

My question is this: Is there a difference between the latest SVN version of the game and the standalone downloadable 1.02 version which you currently get from nexus. (Perhaps the version number has not been updated on the title screen?). Anyway, it takes forever to download from Nexus so I don't want to start if I already have the same version through SVN.

Thanks
  4. BeanyUndead

- OLD v.0.99 M - (serious Testering pls and only ONE editable post!)

This is a fantastic game providing a fantastic experience. It is immersive, exciting and wonderful looking. Well done to Gabby and the team. Seriously, if you don't try this mod you are missing out! Best musket and rifle mod ever!
  5. BeanyUndead

Napoleonic DLC to Single Player?

DarkOmega said:
    Beany the fact that you come from Australia means that you will miss a lot of the active Americans and Eu players. :sad:

Yeah, tell me about it. Don't get me wrong, multiplayer is fun. I say that despite the fact I live in Australia and the ping makes it difficult to enjoy from so far away. The Dev's have done a great job. I only contributed to this thread because I believe that adding SP will make the game last longer 'in the market' (not in the hearts of the existing fans) and broaden the game's financial horizons. I have no doubt (based on comments mainly left on Steam forums) that many people have not bought the game as they don't want to be caught out not being able to play because it depends on other people - especially customers living away from largely populated servers. Because of this, the act of not creating single player is an extremely silly move. But maybe this is just a test, they release multiplayer to see if it is worthwhile releasing a full SP DLC. Who knows. But for me (and not everyone else I know) this DLC will hold my attention for a little while but not as long as, say, Fire and Sword did. And while I have recommended Mount and Blade and Fire and Sword to everyone I've met, I will not be recommending this in the same way. But hey  :grin:  they have still made an 'good' game even though it could (should?) have been 'fantastic'. 
  6. BeanyUndead

Kegger said:
    BeanyUndead said:
    Look. Single Player mode is necessary. Not for any other reason than that it is a waste without it. :roll: A game is a waste of effort in development if it cannot be played. I tried to play last night and the biggest server load available anywhere (at 432 ping) had 17 people on. I cannot play it as there are too few people online. If it is dependant on other people for play then it MUST be more mainstream. The devs are hurting themselves by making it this way. Its extremely silly. If anyone who has not bought and game wants a recommendation...don't buy it until there is SP. Without it, the game is dead in a few months (or dead enough to be not worth it) and that means all the effort put into the awesome textures, cannon functionality and formations is wasted. So so silly.

PS If they release SP, I will be the first to buy it for almost any amount.

It's funny that none of this "Without single player, this will die" didn't exist with MM. MM never died either, even with being out for ages with no single player

I'd say a good 90% of the players of this mod don't really give a crap that there is no single player. Its just that those who do care are a ton more vocal about it.

First, I did not say 'without single player this will die' I said that it would be 'dead enough not to be worth it'. Last night, again, the largest server population I could see was 21/200 with a ping below 350. 90% of players huh? Where did you get that number? Did you know that 23% of all statistics are made up by people on the spot trying to prove a point?  A ton more vocal? Well yes, because we are pointing out that something is missing. People are not usually vocal about affirming absences. I would find it very strange to see someone post "I really like the way the devs have not included single player. The game is like so awesome without it". That is why we seem more vocal. So with that behind us, again I say that Napoleonic DLC could really benefit from single player and its absence is silly. It would improve the life of the game and ensure that the awesome graphical work and the new mechanics are not wasted. And, the bottom line is, people would pay for it. 
  7. BeanyUndead

Look. Single Player mode is necessary. Not for any other reason than that it is a waste without it. :roll: A game is a waste of effort in development if it cannot be played. I tried to play last night and the biggest server load available anywhere (at 432 ping) had 17 people on. I cannot play it as there are too few people online. If it is dependant on other people for play then it MUST be more mainstream. The devs are hurting themselves by making it this way. Its extremely silly. If anyone who has not bought and game wants a recommendation...don't buy it until there is SP. Without it, the game is dead in a few months (or dead enough to be not worth it) and that means all the effort put into the awesome textures, cannon functionality and formations is wasted. So so silly.

PS If they release SP, I will be the first to buy it for almost any amount.
  8. BeanyUndead

This will seem a bit melodramatic but every time I play Multiplayer, I am crushed by two simple realities: 1) Multiplayer depends on players. I cannot enjoy the DLC half the time as nobody is online. The devs are wasting their creation. This will only get worse in the months ahead. As there is no Single Player mode, this gorgeous version of Warband will disappear into the ether. I have got to say that is very silly. 2) Simply allowing single player with the old Warband AI, buildings and map would be far far from perfect, but at least it would increase the longevity of the game and allow modders to finish the rest. Getting rid of SP all together is seriously misreading the market.

But the bottom line: Paradox! If you release Single Player for this DLC, I will pay for it! I will also pay a lot more than $10US. 
  9. BeanyUndead

>> 0.99 M ...the O L D -P U B L I C- Version of 1860s <<

I'm not entirely sure how to 'candidate' to be a tester.  :???: I am guessing that you just put your name up here.  :wink: Gab, I would like to be a tester for 1860.  :grin:
  10. BeanyUndead

REPORT GABRILDURO !!

Anytime Gab. Big fan. BTW, I am interested in playtesting the latest version of 1860 if you are still in need of testers. Take care!
  11. BeanyUndead

REPORT GABRILDURO !!

Trolls think modders serve them...that they are entitled to all the free work modders do. It is a mental problem; delusions of grandeur or something similar fuelled by the cowards way of hiding behind a monitor on the other side of the world. As for telling Gab to chill, no I don't think so. He's right. Moderators should scrub the servers of recruits that think its okay to log on and pass unsubstantiated judgement on work they have nothing to do with. Watching devs work for literally days for no money only to have some entitled little nit log on a bag it is frustrating. How many mods have I (and everyone else) never got to play because trolls were tolerated and made a dev feel unappreciated; which lets face it is what drives most devs - the appreciation. Judgmental trolls that publish unsubstantiated pie-slings should be moderated quietly into the dark of cyberspace never to return. Constructive criticism fine, but naked judgements no. Gabrilduro, your mods are excellent! Moderators, if someone is trolling they should be banned or at least warned. Just my opinion.  :wink:   
  12. BeanyUndead

BUG Reports v 1.393 (Read first page before post)

Here is another (different) red-text. Coming up repeatedly every 5 seconds.

hn7tq.jpg
  13. BeanyUndead

Adorno said:
    You can use this to upload pictures: https://tw.greywool.com/i/

Thanks mate
  14. BeanyUndead

I have tried everything. For some reason, the download for 61 seems to be the same for 63 - I can't go back as the 'old' download seems to be the new one as it has the new feature of 'See Town Sights' in the menu which was never there before.

Anyway, here are a couple of pics highlighting the shield problem. BTW I was having a great time with my game and I wrecked it by downloading the patch. Ah!

muzBy.jpg
    This is me not pressing the second mouse button to block
    FRzto.jpg
    This is me pressing the second mouse button to block

I think the arm is upside down  :lol: Anyway, I fixed this problem by replacing the Action.txt file with the one from native. Also, here are some other errors that were not (as far as I can tell) present before the patch:

The mysterious floating hand
    Ke4_w.jpg
    The red text of doom
    gvcR0.jpg

Hope this helps
  15. BeanyUndead

Wow. My game is totally broken. I was up to day 182, downloaded the patch and now its horrible. You can't raise your shield properly, (an animation error) , more red-text than I have ever seen before. Guledic Gwydar Drum map Gwedroy has no body and fights as  a disembodied head and hands as do various skirmishers and the Breton Priest. And that's just my experience in the first hour. I'm am desperately trying to download 62 again. If this is a 'start again if using the patch issue, then it needs to be more clearly stated.
Back
Top Bottom