Recent content by BadHalf The Drunkard

1. Dear Callum

Negative and antagonistic posts directed toward the staff and game in general won't get anyone anywhere. I've been seeing a lot of that from the same accounts who post on here all day. If you want them to listen to your ideas, a good first step is not to insult them and instead build a rapport.
  2. Dear Callum

You knowingly bought an unfinished game and now you are complaining that it is unfinished. You could have not bought it, or you could have waited, but you didn't want to do that. So now you no life play the game you claim to hate and spend the other 6 hours of the day harassing the devs on the forums. They'll probably just stop communicating, no point in trying to reason with this. Won't be the first time I've seen a few people ruin it for everyone. I know a lot of us are still under lockdown but do yourself a favor, take a break, go outside, find something else to do for a week a two.
  3. Army 'Cohesion' should logically apply to Clan Party Also

One thing I found kind of ridiculous is that you can use a factions own troops against them. Surely Vlandians wouldn't want to fight their own countrymen, or sign up with your army when you are burning your way across their homeland, or raid their own village you recruited them from a few months before. It might be cool to see a mechanic like defection if you had enemy culture troops in your army, perhaps at the start of the battle they would switch sides, or disappear in the night and join an enemy lord as a random event or something. I don't think you should be able to recruit any troops from cultures you are currently at war with and perhaps even companions should have some unique events or dialogue options if they don't altogether leave you for it as well. But it certainly does put me off that while at war there are no consequences for using or recruiting troops from enemy cultures. But I kind of see that as a problem with the game overall. You have these big wars where you are burning towns and killing thousands and then when peace is declared it's like an episode of the simpsons and everything is back to normal the next day, you can stop in town pick up troops and goods and nobody bats an eye that just a week ago you were slaughtering them.
  4. Sturgian Horse Raiders - Jav Nerf

Melee cav require more micromanagement. Skirmish cav are kind of a set and forget thing, although I wish we had commands to tell them to go somewhere after they have used their ammunition, or else you have them charging in piecemeal. I find that to use melee cav best you have to tell them to move where you want them to charge and then right before they reach it tell them to charge, otherwise they might split off chasing routed units or attack archers when you want them to go through the archers and into the backs of the infantry. They only really seem to be great at routing units with a charge or chasing down ones already routing. Hopefully in the future we'll get different types of commands to be more specific with what we want units to do. The ability to queue commands would be nice too.
  5. Beta 1.4.3 - Snowballing worse than ever (better than ever after hotfix).

I can't see your point of view. Total War has many more unit types, more stats on each unit, more features, more mechanics (like magic and settlement building), it's much bigger and far more complex to balance. Just think of all the different unit abilities. Not to even mention formations, and settlement/unit modifiers (total war has non-factions NPCs running around too). Honestly, its not even close. Total War has 10x more going on than Bannerlord.

Also, Total War generals are similar to a clans in Bannerlord. In both games a factions power is the summary of all its holdings and generals/clans. Its actually very similar:

Total War factions have Generals with armies / Bannerlord factions have clans with armies.

Total War generals operate independently, assist in the gains of the faction / Banner lord clans operate independently, assist in the gains of the faction.

There are differences for sure, but Bannerlord currently doesn't really fleshout those differences, like effect of relationships.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Totalwar doesn't have a simulated economy or an inventory, which is much harder I'd imagine to balance and code an AI to interact with than it is to balance magical unit abilities. It isn't all that complex and has been streamlined consistently throughout it's various iterations to make it easier to digest. Even so, Bannerlord will have more features coming I'm sure, units, formations, mechanics etc.

I agree with your sentiment on the starting state of the world though. I too would like to see everyone start out at peace. I think this would make for more varied campaigns where the same wars don't always start. I'd also like to see more diplomatic options between factions. Alliances, defensive pacts, non aggression pacts, trade agreements, etc.

So far I haven't seen any mentions of whether this is part of the lore or something that Taleworlds would be willing to change, or at least give an option for the player to select starting conditions, but I'd love to hear more about what they plan to do with it.
Back
Top Bottom