Recent content by bad_paladin

1. SP - General Freely choose each troop

Depends on how many of the looters have rocks...
    True, those rocks can really add up, my horse doesn't like them either.
  2. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Please bring back donating troops to villagers and militia.

I can understand them removing donating troops to caravans for balance issues, but bolstering militias and villages seemed like a great idea and exactly what a lord should be doing.
    Yes, I kind of understand with caravans, although I haven't played around with them much yet. Maybe some people were exploiting these features and the devs decided it was unbalancing the game, but I was just at the beginning of experimenting with such things. I'm not interested in breaking the game, I just want what I thought was a perfectly reasonable way to even the odds.
  3. SP - General Freely choose each troop

Yes, I also hope the developers spend a little more time on improving the custom battles. It has so much potential for testing things out and improving your skills. Also just for the fun of it. For instance, you on horseback, heavily armored, with a big glaive or something in you hands, against 100 looters. You can practice your horsemanship and how best to deal massive death with a polearm, while carving through multiple enemies with each swing. It may not be much of a challenge, but it sure would be fun.
  4. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Please bring back donating troops to villagers and militia.

I also liked the feature.
    It feels like a normal and obvious thing to do.
    My villagers are having a hard time with bandits?
    I'll assign some of my men to defend them.

This is one of the most important responsibilities of a feudal lord, after all.
    It's shamefully negligent to let them go unprotected while we cavort around the other side of the map.

Absolutely, otherwise it can be practically impossible to protect them. I know the game is probably designed like this, to make it challenging, but it would be nice to have a better option than basically having to nursemaid these villages for as long as you are at war.
  5. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Please bring back donating troops to villagers and militia.

I don't know why this was done, maybe there was talk on the forum about it, but I don't spend hours reading the forum so I wouldn't know. All I know is that this was removed in the last update. This had become my most important goal. I would just like to give you a little background to my...
  6. Patch Notes e1.3.0

“Donate troops” and “Inspect troops” options were disabled for caravan, villager and militia parties

Why would you do this?

I am playing as a warrior who conquered his own castle and now has two villages to defend from constant attacks and bandits.

Bolstering the village militia with my own troops, and adding troops to the villagers traveling to market was the only way I could protect them and make sure they wouldn't be victimized by bandits or enemies. My whole strategy for my current character was based around training up some mid to high quality troops which I was going to donate to my villages and villagers.

I also need to get rid of some garrison troops from my castle because they are consuming too much food. I don't want to dismiss them, because that is a waste, so I was going to donate them to my villages instead, so at least I can still get some benefit from them.

After spending hours working towards this goal, I had to install this latest update, and now you have ruined the whole thing for me. Why did you do that?

If you insist on keeping it this way, can you at least tell us what file and lines we need to change so I and anyone else affected can change it back ourselves?

If anyone else reads this, does anyone know how I can mod this back to how I want it?
Back
Top Bottom