Recent content by Babynuke

1. Babynuke

PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Maldon (November 16th)

KickingJoub said:
    Awesome flavor text! Added for Engle

Thank you ! I thought this event was quite appropriate to take the step and join the community !

By the way, I can't thank all the people working on vikingr or with its community enough for making all of this happen ! I have been joining the regular events for a few months now and I never left the server without wanting more of it...
  2. Babynuke

PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Maldon (November 16th)

I saw the blazing of flames, the glimmer of blades and spearpoints, the colour of blood. I heard the thunder of battle, the shattering of shields, the screams of warriors, women and children. All those in lands distant and near as I travelled the world spear in hand. From the villages of Francia to the forests of Germania, the hills of Italy or the Greek wealthy cities, they seemed always to be the same.
    But here in this fair land I settled, put my shield and spear on a wall and decided to rest. For years I made this good earth grow its fruits, where I would have left it stripped, spoilt, burnt and barren when I was young. I belong here now. I must defend my new home, this land where my kin was not born nor died, but where I found solace and peace with the Lord. I have to take arms against those thieves from the sea, their words of slicing steel and hearts of stone.
    Today, I, Gerold se Franca, shall join the Fyrd with the folk of Maldon.
          For God, for the lord and the land, let throw back this bunch of heathens, thieves and nīðingas back to the sea !
Back
Top Bottom