Recent content by Astolphus

1. Astolphus

PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Maldon (November 16th)

I'm ready for the battle ... sign me as Beornlaf in Mældunwaran
  2. Astolphus

PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Sulcoit (8/12/13)

I would like to join the Dál Cais as Árchú mac Uallgarg
  3. Astolphus

PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Eoferwic (21/7/13)

Since the silly normans look outnumbered I wish to strengthen their ranks under the name Berenger
  4. Astolphus

Historical Discussion

Since many people complain about the cavalry ratio in the new patch - not me honestly - the question intrigued me so I decided to ask here:
    What was the numerical ratio between cavalry and infantry in norman warfare, except the well knowk episode of Hastings?
    I ask because when they fought in Southern Italy in all the main battle against Eastern Empire (Canne, Civitate, Montemaggiore ...) their army was composed by considerably more riders than infantry, so was the same in northern Europe?
  5. Astolphus

Suggestions

Celtichugs said:
    Harkon Haakonson said:
    He's probably referring to the new prices of swords.

No, not the swords. Guess again! :razz:

I suppose helmet + leather vest/light gambeson, at least the medium armoured guys' spam is disappointing me, maybe I only have to get used to it

One of the most positive things is the 2h axe anticav bonus, just amazing
  6. Astolphus

Vikingr 1.0 Download released!

Thank you guys ... hoping a bloodbath tonight  :twisted:
  7. Astolphus

Suggestions

Leifr Eiríksson said:
    :lol:

coughKnyazhorsearcher...
    I remember those glorious days ... i was fond of him and maybe the community is ready for his return  :lol:

A part from this dream, after the event I think that ceiternach light/skermishing infantry dimension should be strengthened maybe the idea of adding sling, that I read elsewhere, is not bad and it should add a couple of new tactical possibilities

For long axes blocking ability I'd generally reintroduce it - excluding only the longest weapons- for the 2nd tier troops (swurdberend ...), reflecting the superior training required to handle them
  8. Astolphus

PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Brūnanburh (April 28th)

In wish to join the Ceithern Cellaig rígdomna Alban under the name Onchú
  9. Astolphus

Battle of Brūnanburh [old thread]

I wish to join the Llu Cumri under the name Idnerth

let the birins fly!
  10. Astolphus

SKATTR – help keep Víkingr running

C_Ronin_Rico said:
    Nice! If it was possibile to fix the high ping issue my connection seems to suffer way too much lately to german hosts, would be even perfect :smile:

I have to quote the whole sentence, unfortunately
  11. Astolphus

PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Val-ès-Dunes

Great event!

Lot of fun. I enjoyed the epic battles especially

Thank you all
  12. Astolphus

PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Val-ès-Dunes

I wish to join the loyalist ranks in the Gent de Torei host, sign me as Berengario or Berenger if you prefer
  13. Astolphus

kuauik's sweatshop ;0)

excellent choice

any project to add a palvese shield?
  14. Astolphus

kuauik's sweatshop ;0)

kuauik said:
    there was not an prewiev for some time,so ill just throw it here..as we will  introduce italian troop tree,here is italian "Popolo" miltia

glad to see the work on the popolo militia

only a suggestion: the basic equipment for the infantry -determined by the municipal statutes- was a padded armor or a gambeson often  reinforced with leather or pieces of mail

ps: have you got any specific source?
  15. Astolphus

HRAFNABJÓÐR – official Víkingr server

Jofrid Jarnskeggidottir said:
    So far, two of us but we are certainly more. I'm starting to see conspiracy theories :mrgreen:

There are strange signs out of there http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-sO9__4Cis&feature=related
Back
Top Bottom