Recent content by Arbalest

1. Native OSP Sounds REL: Warrider Soundpack v1.2

Hello all,

Thanks for lots of comments.

to complete this awesome mod, get some medieval swordsmen (I bet there are some in your area I know there are many in mine.) and record them fighting.
    I wish I could :lol:

could you change the slushy blood spatter sound to ka-thump of a boby hitting the ground.

I realise that you have mainly been exthanging your own sounds with the original ones, so as the original didn't have a "Body hitting the ground" -noise at all, it might be impossible to simply add one, or...? In that case, could you make one of the death-noises a scream followed by a heavy thump?

I've tried that.
    The problem is, normal soldiers and mounted soldiers share same falling sounds (man_fall1-8.ogg).
    So I think it's difficult to make sounds matching for both cases.

You working on a new version yet?
    Yes, but very slowly.
    Recently I'm working on another personal project (not for M&B).
  2. Native OSP Sounds REL: Warrider Soundpack v1.2

Thanks for the nice comments!! :grin:

1. there is a womans voice from a man when killed.

I may have found a bug though, it sounds like the arena fighter sounded like a woman,

"the woman's voice from a falling man" you guys are talking is a scream like this?
    http://dod.xrea.jp/download/man_fall_8.wav
    http://dod.xrea.jp/download/man_hit_8.wav
    If so, these are actually male voices :grin:
    I should change them on the next ver anyway.

Or.. Janus's Arena expansion mod adds many female fighters named "Fighter Woman" to the arena.
    They look very similar to male arena fighters (same armors, same helmets, same weapons).
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the fighter you thought male wasn't "Fighter Woman"?

If both are wrong, I don't know why that occurs...
    I've been playing M&B for a few weeks with this mod and haven't encountered such problems.
    I'm checking sound_samples1.txt now but can't found any error yet.

It may be some OGGs are not properly played in certain PC.
    Please try to disable "frequency_variation" from M&B configuration (default is on).

1. Launch M&B
    2. From the main menu, select "Configuration"
    3. Search "disable_frequency_variation"

example:

########################
    ## The following turns off frequency variation.
    ## Change it to 1 some sounds come too coarse or too high-pitched.

disable_frequency_variation = 0

4. Set 0 to 1 and save it.
    5. Close txt file, then play M&B

I hope this fix problems.

1 thing, is the sound quality the same as the vanilla sounds? They sound a little worse.

Basically, sound formats are a bit better than vanilla sounds.
    But some sounds may have gotten unnecessary noises and distortions due to my limited skill.
    I'll try to fix them.

only thing I dont like to much is the arrow swooshing sound and maybe the bow plucking.

2. one sound that i like is the gurgling death...but it is too long, you can hear it when you have passed for quite a ways.

I'll try to fix them too.
  3. Native OSP Sounds REL: Warrider Soundpack v1.2

(my English sucks) Hello all, I've completed the sound mod for M&B after two months of work. This mod replaces whole sound FXs and increases the variety of sounds. I hope you like it :grin: You can download it from "the Mount&Blade Unofficial File Repository". Thank you Janus! New version...
Back
Top Bottom