Recent content by Aposynth

1. Aposynth

In Progress Crash when starting campaign or sandbox

Okay Taleworlds,

I've had way more patience than I should've shown, since long time I got no update or report, how far the dev team is with fixing this bug.
    The last response of TW Staff is from March!

I want an update on the situation and this update has to be clear, when I can expect a fix after about 1 1/2 years of this bug existing without a fix!
    A minor "sorry for your inconvenience" won't do!
    If I don't get an update within the next 14 days, I will go to Steam Support and ask for a refund.
    I'm sure in such a case, where the product is not working properly and the developers haven't fixed it, it won't be a problem.
  2. Aposynth

Yes, I followed the instructions here:

Turning off the Firewall didn't change a thing.

2022-10-30_22.00.29_08194ef0d48280586d667b8e02be162a
  3. Aposynth

Exactly the ****ing same problem exists after a clean reinstall.

Atleast the crash uploader works again:
    2022-10-26_19.39.15_08194ef0d48280586d667b8e02be162a
  4. Aposynth

Sorry that BEW didn't help any. I haven't seen the error
    The system cannot find the file specified
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
    at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.LauncherModsDLLManager.GetDLLVerifyReport(String[] dlls)
    in any other reports. If you uninstall BEW/Harmony, is this error still present in your launcher_log?
    Was dealing with other stuff a few days.
    I updated to 1.0. and could atleast access the main menu again, but still the same problem, crash upon starting a campaign or sandbox.
    At this point I try another clean installation again, although I don't really have hope at this point, that this would work, given the experience that it didn't work before.
  5. Aposynth

Can you pastebin the rgl_log and launcher_log for this new crash? Also I see on the workshop page for BEW that the System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException thing should be fixed now, can give the workshop versions another try.

Same with the Workshop Version, doesn't even start up to the main menu.

rgl_log:

launcher_log:

6. Aposynth

Never seen that one before, unfortunately I'm not familiar with problems related to steam workshop and that error message looks like a new unrelated error that many workshop mod users get. Should be more reliable to unsubscribe from the workshop version and install the nexus versions manually.
    I installed manually from Nexus now and can't even reach the main menu, it crashes on the loading screen with the standard "I want to upload files for Talewords"-error message.

The dll-files of the modules are unblocked, as it was stated on the Nexus Pages.
  7. Aposynth

Seen this one before, unfortunately never found a solution and the other user stopped responding since.

Do you get the same problem if you bypass steam by running launcher.native.exe rather than bannerlord.exe?

Can you try closing as many background programs as possible, especially things like driver control panels (including GeForce Experience) or game optimizers that may be trying to force certain video settings? Discord also has an overlay that's on by default and can be overlooked.

I doubt it's the source of the problem, but the log does mention a shader-related problem the other user didn't have, wouldn't hurt to also try flushing your shaders. Bannerlord has its shaders in C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders and NVIDIA also keeps a shader cache in C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Local\NVIDIA you can just delete the contents of the folders present there.

If you're comfortable installing and using mods, can you reproduce this problem with Better Exception Window installed and post the reason and inner/outer call stacks it gives you? The log includes a lot of "unknown_function" entries that it should be able to better identify.

Also, is this still on 1.8.0 or the perf_test thing? I'm not familiar with what build 2747 is, 1.8.1 should be 2778
    No, I don't get this problem, when I run the native.exe, we even stumbled upon this solution earlier in this thread.

This is on 1.9.0. beta.

I will try it out to disable GeForce Experience and such, although I clearly must say, since TW presumeably is reading here too, that their game worked in the initial versions as it should and at some unknown point (I stopped playing for a few months in between) this error occured and since over a year they haven't fixed it.

It can't be that a user must jump through so many hoops to play their game, I'm just a patient one, who takes a situation as is and endures it, but still, this is not okay.

I tried again with all kinds of overlays disabled, the aforementioned caches emptied and that Better Exception Window and Harmony for it installed and got this:

The full text in the error window here:

8. Aposynth

It's a file named rgl_log_(4-digit number).txt located in C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs
  9. Aposynth

What a stubborn problem it's giving you

Mind putting your rgl_log in a pastebin or similar?

A lot of launch problems also seem to be caused by OneDrive so you might want to check on that, make sure it isn't signed out or trying to sync and running into an error.
    That I hear the first time of, where can I find this rgl log? Google didn't help me in that regard, I'm willing to pursue every avenue if it may lead to the game working again the way it should, since I'm myself at a loss, having tried literally everything else before.
    I'm always logged into OneDrive, I don't think that is causing my problem, I'm very rarely actually using it, since I rarely use my Laptop (in case I want to send files from my Laptop to my PC or vice versa).
  10. Aposynth

Still not working as of 1.9.0. beta.
    This time however the game didn't generate such a crash report code upon uploading the crash files?
    Will this be fixed or have the devs forgotten this bug?
  11. Aposynth

Still not working as of version

Crash report here:

2022-09-07_10.59.54_08194ef0d48280586d667b8e02be162a

This problem is persistent since more than a god damn year. You can't tell me that you haven't found something to this day and that there is no progress to fixing it.

PS: I forgot that I still was on 1.7.2. Beta, so I took the opportunity to once again clean uninstall and reinstall the game and tried again, but still, no change, still the very same error.

2022-09-07_13.43.09_08194ef0d48280586d667b8e02be162a
    PPS: I also updated the ticket on this, that still is open since all that time.
  12. Aposynth

Bug still persists as of 1.7.2.

Tried to start a Sandbox game for testing purposes.
    2022-03-15_20.37.43_08194ef0d48280586d667b8e02be162a

I guess, the native.exe-version has to suffice for some more months...

PS: Looking at the fact, that I reported this bug in May of last year and it still is not fixed: How are the odds, that it is resolved before hitting May 2022?
    It would be embarassing for you guys, if such a severe bug would stay in the game for a year.
  13. Aposynth

Petition to return to the pre 1.7.0 method of assigning troop types.

That's good to know that I'm not the only one along with a small handful in this forum that are ranting and raving about that!

"In the meantime..." I am actually doing the same thing you just described because I'm also very hopeful it is going to be fixed even though officials are not saying anything about it!

As far as I know, they didn't really say something about reverting, when they made a similar mistake, when they took away our ability to command troops after the enemy started fleeing.

It just was back in with a patch, troops would still start to cheer, but we can hand out commands again and make them charge again.

So afaik TW is not really in the "excuses" game, but in the end it is not important to me, if they write an apology in the forums, important to me is that they identify mistakes they made and revert them.

They did so in that instance and I hope, they show the wisdom, to revert this current bad change again.
  14. Aposynth

Poll: Current Troop Assignment

I dislike the new troop management as well and I don't care about the console version, I'm a PC Gamer.

If want to make both worlds happy, they should make seperate UI's for the two versions.

And a predict that if TW doubles down on this mistake with 1.7.2. and going forward with it, we will see a mod popping up already during Beta, that fixes this for the players.

If people can add whole new systems like the whole "Fight as a soldier in an army of a lord" thing, they can rework this too, if needed.
    However, TW and we as playerbase shouldn't rely on modders to fix the game, that is the job of TW as developer, not the job of modders.
  15. Aposynth

Petition to return to the pre 1.7.0 method of assigning troop types.

According to my Poll, not many people are really concerned about it!

Though the majority of the respondents feel the new system is not working, only 29 people thought it was important to respond. As far as statistics/polling is concerned, this is a very small sample and not very representative compared to the hundreds that frequent this Forum.
    So, that clearly says people have other things to complain about than express their opinions about this particular issue. People think maybe this is not such a big deal/priority at this time...who knows.

It's pretty sad.
    Well, where are probably more people active: This forum or Reddit? I'm betting, there are more active users in reddit and r/bannerlord and r/Mountandblade than in this forum, simply because it is a social media platform, people pool their interests in different Reddit forums they follow, so you reach more people there, since it is easier, to manage all your gaming interests in several Reddit forums on one page, Reddit, instead of making a library with bookmarkings for all the seperate forums, game devs themselves build on their webpages.

And imho good community management and feedback gathering looks not only on the official forum of the respective game, but also the Steam Forums, the Reddit Forums and so on.
    I honestly don't know, if TW has a team, that does this or if they only concentrate on their own forum, so they get the benefit of doubt from me regarding this.

And people are quick on Reddit to upvote or downvote something. By now, that discussion has over 360 upvotes and although it slided down due to Algorithms preferring new stuff over old, it is one of the discussions with the most upvotes still.
    ---------
    PS: If you go on r/bannerlord and sort it for Top Posts, "Why did Taleworlds fix something that wasn't broken and subsequently broke one of the greatest parts of the game?" is the top rated discussion this month, the one with the most upvotes, just a few shy above the one discussion about proper ambush and blockade battles.
    ---------
    And independent from that, another person opened up a more general discussion, with what he wants to see fixed, including the the reappearance of the old grouping system as part of the OOB system.

That has already 68 Upvotes at this time of writing.

And it also appears in the Monthly Discussion Thread repeated times.

So yeah, just like back then, when they had taken away the ability to command troops, after they start cheering, this is something, that TW royally... misdeveloped and that bugs the Community obviously hard.

Some people are even intentionally rolling back to 1.6.5. Beta just to retain the better grouping system (not me, since I haven't lost any hope yet, that TW sees reason, they did so in the past).
    And my guess is, that TW has numbers on how many Steam players are playing which version, so if suddenly a larger than usual number of players are playing 1.6.5., the older version, that could serve as an indicator, that they disliked something, that came with 1.7.0. and then they just need to look at the large features or changes they introduced with that Beta Patch and they can narrow it down pretty quickly.

In the meantime, I tolerate (not accept) the new system and treat raw Tier 1 Recruits as cannon fodder, who either survive their trial by combat in battle or they die, I just don't care about them.
    Or, if I need to only recruit a small number of troops to fill up again, I only recruit Tier 2+ Troops and travel a town or village further instead of recruiting recruits, if there are still open slots remaining.
Back
Top Bottom