Recent content by AndrewBones

1. AndrewBones

Why Sturgia often grows weak, Khuzait often grows strong

Other than stuff that was mentioned several times already here, there is also IMO one more contributing factor related to Raganvad being an utter moron.

Even if Sturgia gains some upper hand and takes a fief or two, Raganvad just takes it for himself. This in turn makes AI lords pissed and they defect to other empires. I quite often saw Sturgian lords joining other factions very early on.
  2. AndrewBones

The word "priority" is definitely not in the dev's dictionary...

Here's a crazy idea: maybe appearance is just a few variables that have no impact on any other part of the game, so can be tinkered with easily and independently of other systems. You could change this with every update and see what people think.

This.

Character looks changes are very unlikely to cause crashes or major bugs. At worst they'll cause some visual issues or make characters (subjectively) ugly.

Also, it amazes me how people are still not able to comprehend that TW, or any game development studio in general, is not a monolithic team of guys working on exactly 1 topic at a time. There are definitely multiple teams working on different areas, and more importantly at very different paces depending on the complexity of their work. You just do not see the results yet, because they need to take time to do their stuff right.

At least that is what I am so far hoping for - if in a few months there are still only small bugfixes, changes without any meaningful direction, then that may be a red flag. But not now. We are just about one month in, which is nothing in software development.
  3. AndrewBones

Resolved GPU stops working in large battles Beta 1.3

For some reason this stopped happening for me even before the latest hotfix.

I mean, I still get fps drops to like 40 fps in huge battles, but it's kind of back to 1.2.0 levels for me. No idea why - I did not change anything, just played the same save and eventually it just stopped. Weird!
  4. AndrewBones

Resolved Update to e1.3.0 and StoryMode version says 1.0.7 in launcher

I see StoryMode labelled as 1.3.0, probably some issue on your end?
  5. AndrewBones

Need More Info Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord Stutter and LAG!

The updates will come friend, it's getting better patch by patch. Try the e1.3.0b branch on steam

1.3.0 is currently even worse. For some reason it started under-utilizing GPU and CPU in large battles, resulting in crazy stutter.
    Thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/gpu-stops-working-in-large-battles-beta-1-3.419328/
  6. AndrewBones

Resolved GPU stops working in large battles Beta 1.3

Setup
    i7 7700K
    GTX 1080 Ti
    16GB RAM
    Installed on 256GB NVMe drive
    Resolution: 1440p@144Hz, Fullscreen, tried both VSync on and off, no noticeable effect here
    Battle size: 500
    Most 'Performance' settings on High, Shadows on Medium, Turned off Bloom and Motion Blur

Fiddling around with video options did not seem to do much (although I did not try going all the way to all low...)

What I noticed is that after the armies meet, and especially when some troops start to run from the battle, the game starts stuttering like crazy.
    For some reason though, HW monitor I run shows GPU usage often drop all the way down to 20%, with some spikes upwards to 99%, but then it immediately goes down. Usage is all over the place.

CPU usage shows something similar - It just drops down to like 50-60% with some occasional spike in usage that does not seem to help anything.

On 1.2.0, I experienced high CPU usages, and due to that the FPS would sometimes drop considerably, but it is still better than 1.3.0 which is overly erratic and makes battles nearly unplayable.
  7. AndrewBones

[Suggestion] TW NEEDS to add a pseudo-MMORTS persistent multiplayer campaign mode!

As a separate M&B game? Maybe.

In Bannerlord? Hell no.

I think the M&B game concept has some potential as a coop/sandbox multiplayer game as well, just not really any MMO-like experience really. And tacking such features on top of Bannerlord would just make the game overly complicated imo. Keep it simple, SP only.

In the future though a game focused more on the MP aspect, not just fighting, but also the campaign would be interesting. But mostly as as a standalone game.
  8. AndrewBones

The Music is Great!

Definitely great but it seems like there are only a few tracks. Battle themes in particular get repetitive fast since battles is what you do mostly in M&B.
  9. AndrewBones

Yep... 16g of Ram its all you need.

Most settings cranked up to high here - i7-7700K, 1080 Ti, 16GB RAM

For the most part I get stable 60-80 fps @ 1440p but large battles and sieges I may get some occasional fps drops, usually it's the CPU that gets overloaded, GPU sits just fine at 70% usage at most. Peak RAM usage was around 12GB from what I was able to observe, so definitely having just 8GB may be a bottleneck.

I'll see if it gets better after some performance patches, may be a good time to get a 9th gen i5 or i7 if this lasts, they seem cheap enough now and still fit my mobo socket.
  10. AndrewBones

Offensive Siege Guide

Ballistas pierce through enemies. You may kill 2 or more with one hit if you shoot a formation of enemies at the right angle. This becomes very useful in defense. I like to have at least 1 on defense for my personal use in certain castle setups. On offense, this may be situationally useful too, but probably less as you usually do not get a clear shot on more than a single enemy at a time.

Maybe when using siege towers, you can target the enemy group at the top trying to block your troops, but I generally prefer to take down walls instead.
  11. AndrewBones

Where to find the Steam "CD-Key" for MB2:Bannerlord to add the Game to my profile?

Ok, but what about Warband? I have it on Steam and can't find a serial number for it.

In the context (right click) menu for the game, you should find this:
    Screenshot
    Or just google it.
  12. AndrewBones

Simulation Battles are Rigged

That reddit thread makes it sound like it's basically the same as it was in Warband then? I remember auto-calc being a thing to avoid if you didn't want Swadian Knights dying to basic bandits.

I never bothered to find out how the calculations were done in Warband so I can't say if it is exactly the same, but it seems like the result is the same.

The key takeaway is that it pits troops 1v1 and decides the chances to die based only on tiers and HP. The result can be that any T1 unit has a 12% chance to wound or kill a max tier 6 unit, assuming the T6 unit has 100hp. If it has more due to perks, the difference would probably not be significant as HP cap seems to be at 110hp anyway (all perks that give +hp).

This makes no sense of course as it does not consider the rest of the party composition (archers?)
    But it does not even make sense for the 1v1 scenarios - if say, a T6 unit, like Vlandian Banner Knight, fights one single Looter. In a completely isolated environment, I'd bet that the Looter simply dies to one lance stab every time, while the Knight is not in danger at all. Maybe in slight discomfort after being hit by a rock into his leg or arm, but certainly not dead or incapacitated.
  13. AndrewBones

Simulation Battles are Rigged

This is actually good if you want to prevent save scumming as much as possible. Although I agree it should be up to players choice in the end. I think XCOM did that - upon starting the game you could choose if you want to re-roll the seed on each load.

What is worse about the autocalc imo, is the whole way it is coded right now, see:

Reddit thread

The random seed being the same is the least of it's problems right now.
  14. AndrewBones

Caravans should be safe income source or not?

I find the approach to caravans (and some other features, but that would be going offtopic...) kind of worrying from a different perspective which I am not sure someone realized yet.

It looks like overall the devs are trying to make progress slower, so that you have something to work on over time. And I am not completely against that, we can discuss if this amount of 'time padding' is too much or not... But I am worried what will happen next, specifically when aging is turned on.

The devs are balancing this while aging of our characters kind of happens just cosmetically. It does not seem to have any meaningful effect other than the encyclopedia showing a higher number over time. If character death from old age will becomes a thing, what will happen to earning money, and other features (smithing anyone) that take ages to grind? Will they need to speed up the progress again? What about merc playthroughs, you are not able to get children unless you become a lord AFAIK so for those it will be a 'short' 1-character run only?

Maybe it will just click into place when all features are in, but this seems like an adjustment based on guesswork that may be counterproductive in the long run.
  15. AndrewBones

Wife auto assigns herself ''governer''

Welcome to being married
Back
Top Bottom