Recent content by Ananda_The_Destroyer

1. Ananda_The_Destroyer

Open Campaign map siege targeting is stupid

Yeah, add to this problem, there are perks specifically to increase damage versus siege weapons, but no way to make them target them specifically. Not to mention all the +damage becomes over kill with 4 trebuchets shooting 1 catapult some times (they could destroy it with out the extra damage) instead of being able to have say 3 trebuchets aiming for the different weapons as soon as they pop up and 1on the walls. Not that the walls going down is very helpful since the AI performs much worse once they enter the inner fief area, it's much better to kill them with ranged at the ladders and just go in to clean up the last bits.
  2. Ananda_The_Destroyer

Open Time to save the game greatly increases after day 500+

Summary: It starts to take about 5X as long to save the game after around day 500, making the game annoying and tedious. Also loading seems to be slower too. How to Reproduce: I just got slow after around day 500, maybe something to do with player clan having many fiefs and it having trouble...
  3. Ananda_The_Destroyer

New Strategies for a more difficult game

is this valid on 1.2.9? I haven't tested myself yet...
    Yeah I've done it. Also, if you get the banner that give plus 20%-30% troops movement speed, fians can move so fast you can do this stuff with them too. You can also just put fians in a really long line manually at the back of the map and they will thin down the approaching enemy (because they come in the middle where the fians start to be able to shoot their sides), then retreat and do it again. Eventually the enemy wont charge and you put them in the long 2 man deep line and put them on advance for the same effect, just retreat before the enemy clashes with them too much, until the enemy is closer in size then they can just slaughter them. I killed a 1k+ army with 120 fian champions doing this in 1.2.9.
  4. Ananda_The_Destroyer

horse archers

Dismount them, they will slaughter them like normal archers. And yeah it is an attempt at balancing, they have very poor range/aim until they have a certain amount of skill, so they become better at t3 with some captain perks, and at t4 and higher they're the same as always. But for t2 and 3 just dismount them and they get good range and accuracy. I've come to like this nerf because it mostly just makes the Khuzait t2 t3 spam less effective, as they will never dismount them in a field battle.
  5. Ananda_The_Destroyer

Using workshops the way they're intended actually prevents levelling the trade skill

I wish we could make more warhorse breeding farms. Only thing that matters.
  6. Ananda_The_Destroyer

How to temo

So I temporarily expelled a few clans in my kingdom to gain their fiefs but now when I try to recruit them back by talking to the clan leader there is no option to. I tried going to war with the clan and capturing the leader too but that didn't work. Do I have to wait until they automatically join another kingdom for me to recruit them back? Can they even join another kingdom?
    They have to be in another kingdom to be able to recruit them. Same is true for surviving rebel clans. It's very annoying because it means you can never take advantage of the total lack of clan security in the bargaining price. Disenfranchised clans from a defeated kingdom you were at war with will also all declare war on you individually.
  7. Ananda_The_Destroyer

Been almost 5 months since the last substantial update

If they are working on a decent update, watch them release it at the end of this month to compete with Manorlords release date.

Seems like the Devs on Manorlords listened to the feedback Bannerlord got and implemented it into their game, such as actual dialogue interaction with NPC characters and a decent banner editor to name a few.
    Okay but is there mounted combat? :sneaky:
  8. Ananda_The_Destroyer

Dealing with a More Difficult Game

It's still easy, just don't ram your troops into other groups. Position your ranged to wear them down as much as you can, try to kill their HA and Cav before the main forces collide, if you're out number use the retreat button to do hit and runs until they're closer to your size. When people complain about not winning battles it's usually because they use too much infantry and low level Cav and not enough ranged units and because they just smash these troops into the enemy and expect to win. Infantry is only good for 1 decisive push so it should be you final move to charge them into the enemy, do it too early and you will lose too many. Really though, you can replace infantry with other units and it will usually be easier.
  9. Ananda_The_Destroyer

Armies

Please please please add an option to your parties to not be recruited to allied armie's
    Yeah people have wanted this forever. What I do is just put them in an army with me and then empty their troops ( if not needed) in my party or garrison, and just keep them as an empty party in army with me, for the entire game. This way I can collect and absorb extra troops to throw in new garrisons with thier capacity, but also become fast sometimes and never have to let them run free. I fell like they never do a good job defending anyways and will chase a smaller party forever until they eventually run into a fight. This is too bad too as it would be nice to actually have defenders. They also do a lot of dum stuff like replace the troops you give them with trash, overfill you garrison with trash and stuff.

I mean, I cant even get better troops than recruits in my parties due to these allied clans wanting to run around sticking their fingers where they please in my stuff and running around in undies expecting to take on the world.
    Yeah this gets crazy especially once there's a lot of displaced clans running around. Everything starts to be picked clean all the time. I think TW should remove the extra recruitment the AI gets from notables and limit it to only a certain region per clan.
    I hate moving around in an army because it is so absurdly slow.
    Yeah, Ideally a large army should be only for sieges, since the speed+ in building the siege camp should help offset the movement speed. That's why I do the empty party thing I described earlier to be fast but still be able to just pick up and move troops easily. Also to bulk up to intercept extra large armies.
  10. Ananda_The_Destroyer

Any updates on the bugs implemented in latest release?

Which cultures are those exactly…?
    Anything but Khuzait and Battania, that's not to say the tier 6 elite cavalry isn't good, but the lower tiers die too much and just mass producing ranged from recruits is often better to me. I would say vlandia has the nicest generic recruit, being able to spam t2 crossbow men (even if they a little weaker then in the old days). Also keep in mind nowdays with a forced recruit you can get like 20 recruits from a healthy village, versus 4 or 5 troops in the old system.
  11. Ananda_The_Destroyer

Haha, thanks for confirming.

So on them joining a siege you started and it counts as it's now their siege: this also happens on my top tier 6 save. Start a siege and then they will join in and swoop the glory.

I also notice the same thing happens when you start a battle and there's another teammate in the vicinity. It counts as they're leading the battle.

I really don't think this is intentional, but if it is due to some nebulous mechanic, please could TW implement some text describing why?

For instance: "X is leading the siege because their Y is higher than yours"

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by this. Do you mean the problem is sorted? Issue still occurs for me.

If you mean it's something to do with the sorting, I pored over the menus and couldn't see a sorting option for tiers. Let me know what I'm missing.
    I meant only the forced recruits being generic recruit instead of the actual troop from the village roster. That was an intentional change. I don't know anything about any recent changes to siege 's with AI, I always avoid them anyways because they also dilute your forces, assuming you have good troops for siege.
  12. Ananda_The_Destroyer

Not sure if this one is intentional - before when you forced villages to give you troops, there'd be quite a mix of troops. Now they're only recruits.
    It's intentional. They did it to make me mad :xf-mad: My favorite trick was to use it to gather horse archers cheap and fast. however, in cultures where the normal troop line is better then the elites, it's actually useful and this amount of recruits is independent of normal recruitment and can give you a lot if the village's stats are high.
  13. Ananda_The_Destroyer

New Strategies for a more difficult game

What are some strategies to employ so they don't become money pits?
    Just don't buy them :sneaky:
    How can I actually win battles?
    Horse archers. Move them yourself to were they shoot enemies from 2 sides, then move them around so the enemy doesn't catch up them. You can defeat much larger forces with little or no loss this way. If you retreat to refill arrows you can take down any size army once you have 200 good horse archers. When you have less you just need to be more picky about what you fight.
  14. Ananda_The_Destroyer

Slower game mode needed

They should just add kids to the battle field right away. Baby born in the saddle. Would be better then making the kids useless because as you know, the game should be finished before they're grown. Even if not getting a half baked clan member late in the game isn't fun or useful either. Not to mention there's no good way to pass time even if you wanted too.
Back
Top Bottom