Recent content by 8throyalbrewtifull

1. The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Rangerplus10 said:
    Hypno Toad said:
    Not sure what the appeal of livestreams is, may as well just shoot some video while playing the mod, then cut it up into relevant sections of footage. Sort of like an LP but with less/no commentary and then you can selectively cut out any slow or possibly buggy sections of the video.
    Oh god no, take it from someone that does livestreaming for his school, streaming is hard. If Docm was to try, it probably would not go as smoothly and anyone would like, and would take hours out of his time. Good livestreaming isn't a matter of pressing start on UStream, you have to get software like Flash Media Live Encoder, acquire decent hardware, make sure internet connection is good, configure your microphone (sound and video can be processed at different times), and attend to a myriad of different fiddly things. Streaming is time consuming hard work. I'm not sure that Docm would want to spend all that time streaming when the Youtube videos he's already uploaded will suffice.

Having both livestreamed and edited recordings, I can tell you that streaming is generally quite easy once you know the basics OBS (open broadcasting software), it is a brilliant (and free) tool and there are 5 minute long 'how to' videos that tell you everything you need to know; which is not much. The only real requirement is a half decent processor and an upload speed of about 2mbps.

Having said that you do need to plan what would be the topic of the stream; they need some sort of direction (however this mod is so greatly anticipated that I'm sure any live info would attract viewers).
  2. The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Bluehawk said:
    Now there's an earworm if ever there was one.

I just listened to this out of curiosity; my ears do now hurt sir.

Edit: And now thanks to the talk of Ireland fighting for France, I want to watch Hornblower :/
  3. The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

I hate to return to the topic of ensigns in combat, and I know this is a long-shot as it would probably look very strange; but couldn't the colours be part of the ensign's uniform? Like attached to the hand (althought this would probably make for some strange motions whilst "holding" said standard) or even have the standard combined with a sword (one item), though this would probably be more hilariously buggy than being attached to the uniform. Just some ideas; albeit very silly ones.
  4. 15th Regiment of Foot Native Warband Monday Linebattle

8throyalbrewtifull said:
    REGIMENT/CLAN NAME - 8th Royal Glen Ord Highland Regiment
    PREFERRED NATION - Wherever
    TROOP/CLASS - Archers (but if slots are taken we dont mind going infantry)
    AMOUNT ATTENDING -  20-25

:smile:

Going to have to cancel for next week sorry :sad:
  5. 15th Regiment of Foot Native Warband Monday Linebattle

REGIMENT/CLAN NAME - 8th Royal Glen Ord Highland Regiment
    PREFERRED NATION - Wherever
    TROOP/CLASS - Archers (but if slots are taken we dont mind going infantry)

:smile:
  6. 15th Regiment of Foot Native Warband Monday Linebattle

REGIMENT/CLAN NAME - 8thRoyal Glen Ord Highland Regiment

PREFERRED NATION - Wherever you need us

TROOP/CLASS - Skirmishers if Rhodok, Infantry if Nords

Really enjoyed the event guys, maybe some balancing is in order though (double shields werent very popular lol) but other than that we all had a great time.
  7. 15th Regiment of Foot Native Warband Monday Linebattle

Regiment Name: 8thRoyal Glen Ord Highland Regiment
    Preferred Nation: Swadia
    Preferred Class: Infantry
    Amount Attending: 20-25
    [8th]Brewtifull or [8th]Fenny on steam.

It was nice playing alongside the 15th today even if our line was on the opposite team :smile:

Also can troops in this event have slightly different eqipment (i.e. front rank shields+spears, second rank 2h and third rank shield+javelin)?

Kind Regards, 8thRoyal_Cav_Cpt_Brewtifull.
Back
Top Bottom