Recent content by 11sparky11

1. 11sparky11

The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

The day what was started?
  2. 11sparky11

dinnerblaster said:
    11sparky11 said:
    At the battle of Néry in WW1, Capt. Edward Bradbury of L Battery led a handful of men to continue firing 3 of the guns, 2 were quickly eliminated, but Bradbury and 2 other men continued to keep one operational for some time, and even when Bradbury lost a leg, he continued to give fire orders right until he fell unconscious from loss of blood. It's not inconceivable that a soldier would keep fighting like he was unwounded if he took a bullet wound to a non lethal area.

Nothing special, really. In a big enough adrenaline boost you don't necessarily even notice that you've been shot or wounded.

I'd like to see you in that situation mate and see how you would handle it.
  3. 11sparky11

At the battle of Néry in WW1, Capt. Edward Bradbury of L Battery led a handful of men to continue firing 3 of the guns, 2 were quickly eliminated, but Bradbury and 2 other men continued to keep one operational for some time, and even when Bradbury lost a leg, he continued to give fire orders right until he fell unconscious from loss of blood. It's not inconceivable that a soldier would keep fighting like he was unwounded if he took a bullet wound to a non lethal area.
  4. 11sparky11

RanGer_SLO said:
    The major difference in power would come from how tightly the ball fits the barrel. Most muskets were subsonic, that is the ball exited the barrel at slower than sound speed, but sometimes they would become supersonic due to fouling. Unburned powder would build up on the walls of the barrel after several shots, which would create a tighter fit and therefore more pressure would build up. The ball would be accelerated faster and sometimes break the sound barrier. With more energy it could travel farther and inflict more damage. Some muskets were naturally more inclined to this phenomenon than others due to having less leeway in the barrel.

The end results would still be the same though, musket ball hit = death. Even a non vital area would most likely than not be a death sentence, due to infection and blood loss.

Yep and I imagine most soldiers wouldn't have the stomach to keep fighting after being hit, even in a non vital area.
  5. 11sparky11

Bug Reports & Known Issues [v2.54]

I hired Sigmund to train my troops (10000), he defaulted to my castle, I wanted him in Suno. Told him to take up residence there, assuming he would go to the court. Nope. He goes into the tavern and leaves your service. Really ticked off, just wasted 10000 denars.
  6. 11sparky11

I haven't been on this thread in a while. I see things... have not changed much (in terms of the health of the thread).
  7. 11sparky11

He's probably just sullbitting. If he was actually playing L'aigle it would just show him playing Warband....
  8. 11sparky11

Lord_Edward said:
    Docm can you ask Wolfstar how he is doing? I'd love some new information on Multi, it's been a long while.  :neutral:

You did not.
  9. 11sparky11

Bazzyboss said:
    Inzunza said:
    Benjamin_von_Hamburg said:
    Inzunza said:
    *quietly waiting for Spain*

*Quietly waiting for the day of GLORIOUS release and too raid the land's of the ****ty Empire France (It's the actuall name in French xD)  with ze GLORIOUS Königreich Preußen* ( ß = double s )

y u explaining so much?

Pfft, Spain, Ottoman Empire is at the bottom of the list.

Something on topic: This may have been asked before, but what will happen to the land of people not made yet? Like the Ottoman empire or Spain, will it not be on the map? Or will it have some sort of neutral faction?

I imagine it would be just empty land.
  10. 11sparky11

Some of the best fights in WFaS were the breach fights, lining up behind the stockade behind the breach and just waiting till they are packed up in the breach and just unloading into them. <3
  11. 11sparky11

delavaskez said:
    Wait,wait,wait. In some comments I see people saying "When I sieged.." , "My cav got massacred by muskets" and such.
    I dont see the download button -.-.

Not FAIR.

(Not trying to troll, :smile: Just asking whats new and will it ever be released? Cheers.)

Nothing new but what you see unless he shows something new and yes it'll be released when it's released.
  12. 11sparky11

generalred256 said:
    As requested by many people recently in the thread, I have a question for the glorious Docm.

Will the size of AI armies be ~75 like in vanilla or larger? I think it would be really cool for each army to have perhaps 2 infantry regiments, a cavalry regiment, and a cannon, but that's just my thought. (~500)

Just get WB Battlesizer...
  13. 11sparky11

Do not look here said:
    Then again, this is valid question:
    jacobhinds said:
    Q: in battles (ingame), what's the likelyhood of being one-shotted in the early stages of combat? One of the things that irked me about totsk was the 100+ damage with every gun, coupled with fairly high accuracy, meaning that you'd never even get a look at the enemy without falling prey to a stray bullet. Even with 1/4 damage you'd be shredded without constantly hiding behind your own men.
    It doesn't feel like an actual battle, when you just catch a bullet with forehead and are forced to watch the AI running in circles.

Yes, because in actual battles people did not in fact get shot.
  14. 11sparky11

You didn't specify that you only meant Line Infantry. Plus Jagers are not in fact Landwehr last time I checked.
Back
Top Bottom