Is there still any MP dev checking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Without Taleworld supporting the multiplayer, it will die. Without updates and patches people will leave and stop paying attention. Someone could make the best mod in the universe for multiplayer and most players wouldnt know about it, because they either dont look at forums or stop paying attention to the game in general. How many games do you pay attention to once you've stopped playing it?

People saying mods will save the multiplayer are wrong. It just keeps us alive for a while longer.
Basically this. And I think I already said that vanilla MP is worse than installing the Epic Games Launcher

Without Taleworld supporting the multiplayer, it will die. Without updates and patches people will leave and stop paying attention. Someone could make the best mod in the universe for multiplayer and most players wouldnt know about it, because they either dont look at forums or stop paying attention to the game in general. How many games do you pay attention to once you've stopped playing it?

People saying mods will save the multiplayer are wrong. It just keeps us alive for a while longer.
Taleworlds need to do a soft relaunch to actually get people interested again. Because their dev update that contains a reference to adding 1 net helmet to the cosmetic shop that takes 5 hours of grinding on public servers to unlock doesn't entice anyone.

Taleworlds need to do a soft relaunch to actually get people interested again. Because their dev update that contains a reference to adding 1 net helmet to the cosmetic shop that takes 5 hours of grinding on public servers to unlock doesn't entice anyone.
Hey but now you can do taunts and fortnight dances in Bannerlord how cool is that??? - just don't mention the 16 mins of waiting for a matchmaking game to 1v1 a veteran and lose in a second -

Hey but now you can do taunts and fortnight dances in Bannerlord how cool is that??? - just don't mention the 16 mins of waiting for a matchmaking game to 1v1 a veteran and lose in a second -
Why would you even match make, join everyone else in the TDM server afking for loot.

Mods are the multiplayer. Native isn't MP anymore for a while.

Mods are the multiplayer. Native isn't MP anymore for a while.
Yeah. All Native can expect is stagnation until death, but no, I disagree that it will die without native support. Warband didn't have native MP support and it survived for the duration of Bannerlord's development even. Me and my friends and my clan played Warband for at least 8 years, with quite the quantity of other clans and players. Of course, native MP was enough to play unlike Bannerlord's where the native is an utter piece of unusable garbage but what I mean is that even if the devs don't support the Multiplayer the game will thrive either thanks to the community or the modders and the subsequent youtubers that advertise the mods (PW is being advertised all the time). The devs know this, this is why they gave up on multiplayer and now they add the laziest additions without even caring on fixing the servers.

A relaunch would probably end up becoming what the current playerbase hates: a balanced game.

Without Taleworld supporting the multiplayer, it will die.
Sad truth. 200 players max in primetime EU is not exactly active. 1 Siege FF OFF siege server, 1 FF OFF TDM server, 1 Duel server. We have many community servers but the MP is not popular enough to fill them. M&B MP need and require players, player numbers is 80% of the gameplay in these types of games.
An actual active MP game have dusins of servers, both native and community ones.
I dont know how many resources was spend on MP up until now (it cant be a lot :grin: :grin:) but it will be a waste, if it isnt already a waste. I feel s/bad for the people who work/worked on MP. Zero resources or/and manpower. It could be so great. Thats whats so ****ing painful, knowing what it COULDVE been; TaleWorlds could become for melee Esport what Valve is for FPS Esport.
dont look at forums or and stop paying attention to the game in general.
Discord have a big part in this. No company will support or begin to use 3rd party community software, for a reason.

They live in Utopia

honestly just stop posting at this point.
No, he's the hero we need to balance multiplayer and stop the onslaught of the devastating vlandian peasant levy which can destroy entire armies by itself. After that is fixed bannerlord will go on to become the largest multiplayer game ever.

honestly just stop posting at this point.
I mean, I've pointed out most of the balancing issues this game has and the Taleworlds community wouldn't want it any other way. Nuking the multiplayer mode would be a net positive at this point.

Here's a crazy thought: perhaps people have abandoned BL MP for Chiv2 not because of its combat system but rather... Maybe they want to actually play the game, rather than have the game play itself? Or that they are sick and tired of constantly playing weak units that are incapable of fighting back?

I mean, I've pointed out most of the balancing issues this game has and the Taleworlds community wouldn't want it any other way. Nuking the multiplayer mode would be a net positive at this point.

Here's a crazy thought: perhaps people have abandoned BL MP for Chiv2 not because of its combat system but rather... Maybe they want to actually play the game, rather than have the game play itself? Or that they are sick and tired of constantly playing weak units that are incapable of fighting back?
Just because you can’t fight back doesn’t mean that the general player base cant

Ahhh! You are head developer of Chiv2! It all makes sense now.

Just because you can’t fight back doesn’t mean that the general player base cant
Sure I can fight back. I'll just not play Empire. I know it'll never happen, but I'd appreciate having a reason to.
Ahhh! You are head developer of Chiv2! It all makes sense now.
Nope. I play it because Bannerlord's offerings as a multiplayer game are insufferable to the point where "it's the Steam counterpart to an EGS exclusive" isn't a good enough reason to keep playing. Nice to know I'm still the only sane person here. In fact, if I'm perfectly honest, the insanity of BL MP makes the intentional imbalancing in other games look sane in comparison

Sure I can fight back. I'll just not play Empire. I know it'll never happen, but I'd appreciate having a reason to.

Nope. I play it because Bannerlord's offerings as a multiplayer game are insufferable to the point where "it's the Steam counterpart to an EGS exclusive" isn't a good enough reason to keep playing. Nice to know I'm still the only sane person here. In fact, if I'm perfectly honest, the insanity of BL MP makes the intentional imbalancing in other games look sane in comparison
Please duel me, I'll prove to you that recruit or the empire isn't terrible. You could also listen to what everyone is saying. Or you could look at the actual stats for things like empire win rate and recruit versus other troops.

You were playing yesterday sure you were not playing empire I think it was batt but you still got beaten to a bloody pulp

You can choose any class in the game and i'll beat you as a recruit 99 times out of 100. You're a brainlet tdm player that has no idea about the game.

Back
Top Bottom