Quest rewards suck

Users who are viewing this thread

kyle_usmc

Recruit
Is there any reason to do quests?
Consider the arena betting quest, you get 250 gold to lose which is far less than you get from winning not to mention you don't get the gear reward.
Army of poachers, hunt down bandits, all of them give paltry rewards you can literally make money faster by murdering looters.
The only quest imo that is actually worth your time is guarding caravans as you can do trade while it's happening.
Am I missing something or does everyone else feel the same way.

Tier 1-2 quest to earn money.
Tier 3-6 do quest to improve your feifs prosperity and general happiness. Gives you more money in the looooong run.

Doing quests also improves your relation that allow you to recruit more and better troops.

Tier 1-2 quest to earn money.
Tier 3-6 do quest to improve your feifs prosperity and general happiness. Gives you more money in the looooong run.

Doing quests also improves your relation that allow you to recruit more and better troops.
The more troops thing just isn't true, I never do quests and I recruit tier 3 and 4 everywhere, it seems like the recruitment level is more tied to level than anything. And as far as improving fiefs, it's a waste of time, quest generate way to fast for it to be worth doing and literally killing looters is of higher financial benefits than the few hundred gold you get from a high tier village. And not to mention one raid ruins huge chuncks of progress.

The more troops thing just isn't true, I never do quests and I recruit tier 3 and 4 everywhere, it seems like the recruitment level is more tied to level than anything. And as far as improving fiefs, it's a waste of time, quest generate way to fast for it to be worth doing and literally killing looters is of higher financial benefits than the few hundred gold you get from a high tier village. And not to mention one raid ruins huge chuncks of progress.
You do get access to more troops with higher relationships.

Each notable have 5 slots, the first of which you can access provided your are not at war with the faction and you do not have a negative relationship with the notable. Every successive slot require a higher relationship with the notable to access, and those tend to provide higher tier units.

However, if you are in the faction you get access to an additional slot and there are several perks that will allow you to access a couple more. Provided you have all the relevant perks, the notable is in your faction and of your culture you can get access to 4 out of the 5 slots, without improving relationships.

This is obviously assuming you dont have access to more slots from the difficulty setting.

Last edited:
DO NOT FORGET that this is a great way to boost Charm skill before you're able to free lords in battle.
I question why that is of any benefit? You can get married with low charm, and as far as I can tell ai does not care about it for defections, basically if they have no settlements they will join you. It might lower the cost but it's easier to make money than friends just sell loot and and you get to the same place just as fast.

Yes, really, it really boosts Charm XP before you're able to release lords after battles. You're talking about midgame.
Charm does very little, initially, to make you stronger and there is really no reason not to transition into the midgame as soon as you are able. Just get your brother and build a party, and you will be hunting lords in no time.

Charm does very little, initially, to make you stronger and there is really no reason not to transition into the midgame as soon as you are able. Just get your brother and build a party, and you will be hunting lords in no time.
A big part of the early game for me is finding the wife i want. Win the minigame so the kids come at low level (sadly the wife is at high level 1:cool: And for that charm at minimum 75 is needed. Also help that clan with quests to boost relation.

A big part of the early game for me is finding the wife i want. Win the minigame so the kids come at low level (sadly the wife is at high level 1:cool: And for that charm at minimum 75 is needed. Also help that clan with quests to boost relation.
Just boost the relationship with your wife´s clan by defeating them in battle. Tough love and all.

Speaking of which, has there been a change in the marriage system? Cant you just buy your wife from the clanleader anymore?

Just boost the relationship with your wife´s clan by defeating them in battle. Tough love and all.

Speaking of which, has there been a change in the marriage system? Cant you just buy your wife from the clanleader anymore?
Thats why too late. You need to pass tier 2 for that. The longer one wait the higher the level and for me thats bad.

You can if she is the one being offered 90% of cases it´s not. If she is not then it´s the mini game to pass.

Thats why too late. You need to pass tier 2 for that. The longer one wait the higher the level and for me thats bad.
Nahh, you can pass tier 2 in no time.

Generally, hunting lords just provide a much much higher overall return than basically any other activity you can undertake. So, the "efficient" path is to aim to be able to do so as quickly as possible. Ultimately, quests just dont do much to help you to get to that point and beyond that point they are fundamentally obsolete.
You can if she is the one being offered 90% of cases it´s not. If she is not then it´s the mini game to pass.
I have seen this happen a total of one time through all the campaigns I have played.. so, a bit more random than that.

Anyway, while the OP is wrong about relationship-recruitment he is not really wrong about quests, as such, being largely pointless. But, they might still serve a RP function.

Back
Top Bottom