Having to restart Game?

Users who are viewing this thread

AngryPanCake

Sergeant
Hello,
When working on a mod and making changes, do you have to restart the game every time you change something?

What game are you talking about? You have tagged your thread for both original M&B and Bannerlord.

If you are talking about M&B engine titles, run a game in Windowed Mode and on the top panel press View and then Restore Module Data (which you can use a few times before it messes up some scripts).

Upvote 0
What game are you talking about? You have tagged your thread for both original M&B and Bannerlord.

If you are talking about M&B engine titles, run a game in Windowed Mode and on the top panel press View and then Restore Module Data (which you can use a few times before it messes up some scripts).
Sorry about the confusion, I was talking about M&B Bannerlord.
And yes, it's mostly scripts I am talking about. I did some modding in the past with Total War games and I had to close/restart game every time I changed any armor values, scripts...etc. Very tedious and time consuming. So I was wondering whether it was the same for Bannerlord!

I just ran the game in a windowed Mode, but unfortunately I don't see any "top panel". Would you be kind enough and post a screenshot of what I am supposed to see?
Thank you so much.

Edit: By the way, I'm running version 1.7.2 at this time.

Upvote 0
Hello,
When working on a mod and making changes, do you have to restart the game every time you change something?
It depends what you are doing, but since you're talking about coding, I assume you just mean XML and C#. I believe all XML is modifiable at runtime. That being said you'll still need to figure out when a particular XML file is deserialized or read, and modify it before then. If that xml happens to be loaded at startup, then obviously need to restart.

Now for C# I use Visual Studio, so I don't know if all of what I say works with other IDEs. If you want to modify your C# code at runtime, then you can set a breakpoint in your IDE, wait for it to be hit, modify, save and continue. In my experience this usually works, but there are exceptions such as modifying delegate functions in some cases or lambda expressions in general. Depending on the context you can also add new methods at runtime. However you can't change or add fields or properties. Generally if you change something when the program is stopped, save and then see magenta squiggly lines, then yeah need to restart, but even VS says your all good, there's still might be a fun and exciting crash to experience ahead, only way to know it to try.

Upvote 0
Sorry about the confusion, I was talking about M&B Bannerlord.
Then learn how to tag threads properly. M&B is for original M&B and BL is for Bannerlord.
I just ran the game in a windowed Mode, but unfortunately I don't see any "top panel". Would you be kind enough and post a screenshot of what I am supposed to see?
Thank you so much.
I wrote that the solution was for M&B engine titles (the original game, Warband and WFaS). Bannerlord has its own engine, therefore that solution does not work with it.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom