Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
- 2022-07-06_17.45.54_e6aefb0456351fb116fe86a1bbb54625 -

4lexios

Recruit
Summary:
How to Reproduce: literally try pressing anything in the menu and the game crashes, options menu only shows "sound" option and doesn't do anything
Have you used cheats and if so which:no
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:Nvidia gtx 1070
GPU Driver Version: latest nvidia drivers
CPU:intel i7 7700k 4,2 ghz
RAM:16 gigs
Motherboard:maximus IX hero
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

I have tried to: verify game files, reinstall completely erasing any trace of the game on pc, change game version from e1.7.0 to e1.8.0 BETA and back, check any dependency and such i could miss but had them all. I'm now installing an optional windows update and see if it works
EDIT: still no luck

Last edited:
Let's try a Clean install.
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II BannerlordNote: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

Let's try a Clean install.
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II BannerlordNote: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.
I have already tried all of this, except i clicked "uninstall" on steam instead of "delete local content". Could that have made a difference?

What were you doing before the crash that you've sent? It looks like the game loaded a mission before the crash. Were you on the menu when the crash happened?
Yes i was on the menu, the crash happened while loading the campaign. I general all crashes happen when trying to load in a mode. The further i got was custom battle, where I could choose the army's size but it crashed after again while loading.

Yes i was on the menu, the crash happened while loading the campaign. I general all crashes happen when trying to load in a mode. The further i got was custom battle, where I could choose the army's size but it crashed after again while loading.
You are sure you don't have any mods?

Can you try multiplayer and see if that works?

Have any problems with other games?
And if possible, try to install it on an ssd if you have. Be sure that the Bannerlord folder in the documents is removed as MArdA suggested.

You are sure you don't have any mods?

Can you try multiplayer and see if that works?

Have any problems with other games?
And if possible, try to install it on an ssd if you have. Be sure that the Bannerlord folder in the documents is removed as MArdA suggested.
nope, no mods, bought the game two days ago, I have yet to experience the vanilla version lol. No, no problems with other games except some days ago i got multiple tdr errors while playing some of my games, and all would stutter. I then made a clean reinstall of my drivers, checked the graphics card's cables and status and everything started working again. I'll retry MArdA's guide now, thanks
EDIT: same exact problem, i am completely clueless. Multiplayer is the same
REEDIT: managed to get into a multiplayer game! couldn't even spawn cause the game barely even ran, but there's that

Last edited:
It's rather odd that it would run poorly or not at all with such a card. Might be worth triple-checking that the game didn't choose your integrated GPU in video settings, closing any unnecessary background applications, and forcing Windows to re-check system file integrity.

It's rather odd that it would run poorly or not at all with such a card. Might be worth triple-checking that the game didn't choose your integrated GPU in video settings, closing any unnecessary background applications, and forcing Windows to re-check system file integrity.
Tried all of this too. Can't check which graphics card the game's using since options' menu is blurred and only shows audio option. Wrote an email to Taleworlds' support and they said the devs are working on it. I just hope a solution will be found in a short time cause i still have to try the game

If you haven't given up yet you can try to fiddle with the file responsible for those options at %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs\engine_config.txt and make sure the game resolution is set to your monitor's native resolution on line 17 and 18. Can also try toggling your GPU with "graphics_adapter" on line 7.

If you haven't given up yet you can try to fiddle with the file responsible for those options at %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs\engine_config.txt and make sure the game resolution is set to your monitor's native resolution on line 17 and 18. Can also try toggling your GPU with "graphics_adapter" on line 7.
I had forgotten having already checked those options, unfortunately they make no difference. While browsing steam forums i found one guy who had the same problem, might as well ask him whether he found a solution, thanks for the help nonetheless

I also have no 'play' option in single player. Tried everything I know to. If I select single it goes to a screen with 3 choices. Options, exit game and... something that isn't PLAY lol. What gives?

In fact, I am having the exact same issue with a different OS, windows 8.1 pro and a gtx 1060.
I was using the stable 1.7.2 version with mods, without reporting any issue but rare random crashes (due to mods probably).
As soon as beta 1.8.0 was released, I changed to that on steam, updating also all the mods for this version
-> the problem started at this point :dead: : crash on new campain, sandbox, after custom battle settings validation.
I though it was due to the mods being incompatible or corrupted so I started the game without any, but it was not the problem.
<Id>Native</Id>
<Id>SandBoxCore</Id>
<Id>CustomBattle</Id>
<Id>Sandbox</Id>
<Id>StoryMode</Id>
<Id>BirthAndDeath</Id>
<DLLName>Bannerlord.ButterLib.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>Bannerlord.Harmony.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>MCMv4.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>MCMv4.UI.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>ModLib.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>ModLib.Definitions.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>MCMv4.Adapter.ModLib.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>Bannerlord.UIExtenderEx.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>TrueBattleLoot.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>TrueItemValues.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>TrueQualityModifiers2.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>TrueRansoms.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>TrueRecruitmentCosts.dll</DLLName>

So what I have done so far:
  • verifying files integrity via steam = none missing
  • fully uninstalling the game and deleting the mods + mods config files
  • deleting any user config files
  • deleting any remaining files manually + cleaning registry (just like suggested MArdA TaleWorlds)
  • Doing a clean reinstall of the game without any mods
  • Updating GPU drivers with the clean install option
  • Verifying windows system integrity via command sfc /scannow
    -> finding one system 32 dll error and reparing it (at least I corrected that)
  • Disabling Antivirus + Windows Firewall Public/Private
  • Trying to revert back to stable version 1.7.2 = same issue which is in fact very strange, since it worked just fine before.
  • Forcing native screen resolution
  • Launching in fullcreen and windowed mode
  • Launching Bannerlord.Native.exe or Launcher.Native.exe in admin mode
  • Installing latest windows updates for Windows 8.1 / Framework
  • Unblocking modules folder .dll files (with a powershell command script)
  • Starting ingame performances benchmark = working perfectly fine so no graphical issues or incompatibilities
That's it for the moment. I never had this problem before and I play this game regularly, since it was released on steam.
I have also inspected the crash logs and I find many errors or missing files:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unhandled Exception Code 0xC0000005 at adress 0x7FFE19A9845C
<#######################################################>

#TaleWorlds.Native.pdb@{696648FDD56B4969ACEE0EB4907DB8D5} (1): 0:1344604
#TaleWorlds.Native.pdb@{696648FDD56B4969ACEE0EB4907DB8D5} (1): 0:1354921
#TaleWorlds.Native.pdb@{696648FDD56B4969ACEE0EB4907DB8D5} (1): 0:415281
#TaleWorlds.Native.pdb@{696648FDD56B4969ACEE0EB4907DB8D5} (1): 0:388057
#TaleWorlds.Native.pdb@{696648FDD56B4969ACEE0EB4907DB8D5} (1): 0:2126392
#TaleWorlds.Native.pdb@{696648FDD56B4969ACEE0EB4907DB8D5} (1): 0:2130183
#ucrtbase.pdb@{C3DD2C823498457082399DB3EC47FBAC} (1): 0:128160
#kernel32.pdb@{D6216053F79C4A30914B88AAB03E4009} (2): 0:5138
#ntdll.pdb@{71D9842D27964A958EF28FACA96FBE57} (1): 0:87300
22:10:08.170] Unable to find item to add dependency(depender anim_barmaid_start_conversation)
[22:10:08.171] Unable to find item to add dependency(depender battania_light_armor_c)
[22:10:08.171] Unable to find item to add dependency(depender battania_light_armor_c_converted)
[22:10:08.171] Unable to find item to add dependency(depender battania_light_armor_c_converted_slim)
[22:10:08.171] Unable to find item to add dependency(depender battania_light_armor_c_slim)
[22:10:08.176] Unable to find item to add dependency(depender sturgian_lamellar_fortified_slim)
[22:10:08.176] Unable to find item to add dependency(depender sturgian_lamellar_fortified_slim)
[22:10:09.153] Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\DedicatedCustomServerWebPanel\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedCustomServer.WebPanel.dll
[22:10:09.160] Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedServer.dll
[22:10:09.160] Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedCustomServer.dll
[22:10:09.160] Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedCustomServer.Official.dll
[22:10:09.162] Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Platform.PS.dll
[22:10:09.162] Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Platform.GDK.dll
[22:10:12.146] Unable to find particle system with name waterfall_splash
[22:10:12.236] Unable to find particle system with name outdoor_smoke_medium
[22:10:12.236] Unable to find particle system with name outdoor_fire_medium

update 1 : after further graphic testing & tweaks, I managed to get the custom battle working. My settings were a bit too high.
However, I still have a crash on loading a new campain and infinite loading screen when selecting sandbox mode from the main menu.

Last edited:
I also have no 'play' option in single player. Tried everything I know to. If I select single it goes to a screen with 3 choices. Options, exit game and... something that isn't PLAY lol. What gives?
No idea. And after the update no change at all. Let's goooooooo. What about you? Any progress?

In fact, I am having the exact same issue with a different OS, windows 8.1 pro and a gtx 1060.
I was using the stable 1.7.2 version with mods, without reporting any issue but rare random crashes (due to mods probably).
As soon as beta 1.8.0 was released, I changed to that on steam, updating also all the mods for this version
-> the problem started at this point :dead: : crash on new campain, sandbox, after custom battle settings validation.
I though it was due to the mods being incompatible or corrupted so I started the game without any, but it was not the problem.
<Id>Native</Id>
<Id>SandBoxCore</Id>
<Id>CustomBattle</Id>
<Id>Sandbox</Id>
<Id>StoryMode</Id>
<Id>BirthAndDeath</Id>
<DLLName>Bannerlord.ButterLib.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>Bannerlord.Harmony.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>MCMv4.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>MCMv4.UI.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>ModLib.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>ModLib.Definitions.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>MCMv4.Adapter.ModLib.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>Bannerlord.UIExtenderEx.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>TrueBattleLoot.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>TrueItemValues.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>TrueQualityModifiers2.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>TrueRansoms.dll</DLLName>
<DLLName>TrueRecruitmentCosts.dll</DLLName>

So what I have done so far:
  • verifying files integrity via steam = none missing
  • fully uninstalling the game and deleting the mods + mods config files
  • deleting any user config files
  • deleting any remaining files manually + cleaning registry (just like suggested MArdA TaleWorlds)
  • Doing a clean reinstall of the game without any mods
  • Updating GPU drivers with the clean install option
  • Verifying windows system integrity via command sfc /scannow
    -> finding one system 32 dll error and reparing it (at least I corrected that)
  • Disabling Antivirus + Windows Firewall Public/Private
  • Trying to revert back to stable version 1.7.2 = same issue which is in fact very strange, since it worked just fine before.
  • Forcing native screen resolution
  • Launching in fullcreen and windowed mode
  • Launching Bannerlord.Native.exe or Launcher.Native.exe in admin mode
  • Installing latest windows updates for Windows 8.1 / Framework
  • Unblocking modules folder .dll files (with a powershell command script)
  • Starting ingame performances benchmark = working perfectly fine so no graphical issues or incompatibilities
That's it for the moment. I never had this problem before and I play this game regularly, since it was released on steam.
I have also inspected the crash logs and I find many errors or missing files:

Unhandled Exception Code 0xC0000005 at adress 0x7FFE19A9845C
<#######################################################>

#TaleWorlds.Native.pdb@{696648FDD56B4969ACEE0EB4907DB8D5} (1): 0:1344604
#TaleWorlds.Native.pdb@{696648FDD56B4969ACEE0EB4907DB8D5} (1): 0:1354921
#TaleWorlds.Native.pdb@{696648FDD56B4969ACEE0EB4907DB8D5} (1): 0:415281
#TaleWorlds.Native.pdb@{696648FDD56B4969ACEE0EB4907DB8D5} (1): 0:388057
#TaleWorlds.Native.pdb@{696648FDD56B4969ACEE0EB4907DB8D5} (1): 0:2126392
#TaleWorlds.Native.pdb@{696648FDD56B4969ACEE0EB4907DB8D5} (1): 0:2130183
#ucrtbase.pdb@{C3DD2C823498457082399DB3EC47FBAC} (1): 0:128160
#kernel32.pdb@{D6216053F79C4A30914B88AAB03E4009} (2): 0:5138
#ntdll.pdb@{71D9842D27964A958EF28FACA96FBE57} (1): 0:87300
22:10:08.170] Unable to find item to add dependency(depender anim_barmaid_start_conversation)
[22:10:08.171] Unable to find item to add dependency(depender battania_light_armor_c)
[22:10:08.171] Unable to find item to add dependency(depender battania_light_armor_c_converted)
[22:10:08.171] Unable to find item to add dependency(depender battania_light_armor_c_converted_slim)
[22:10:08.171] Unable to find item to add dependency(depender battania_light_armor_c_slim)
[22:10:09.153] Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\DedicatedCustomServerWebPanel\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedCustomServer.WebPanel.dll
[22:10:09.160] Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedServer.dll
[22:10:09.160] Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedCustomServer.dll
[22:10:09.160] Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedCustomServer.Official.dll
[22:10:09.162] Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Platform.PS.dll
[22:10:09.162] Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Platform.GDK.dll
[22:10:12.146] Unable to find particle system with name waterfall_splash
[22:10:12.236] Unable to find particle system with name outdoor_smoke_medium
[22:10:12.236] Unable to find particle system with name outdoor_fire_medium

update 1 : after further graphic testing & tweaks, I managed to get the custom battle working. My settings were a bit too high.
However, I still have a crash on loading a new campain and infinite loading screen when selecting sandbox mode from the main menu.
Thanks for the detailed report on your situation, i still have the same problems even after the patch. At this point I'll just wait for the full release, light a candle and pray. I'll try some of your fixes too as I've never seen them advised, thanks for that too

No idea. And after the update no change at all. Let's goooooooo. What about you? Any progress?
For us Win7/8 users the game is bugged and assets will fail to properly load in. It's unrelated to OP's issue and the only workaround I'm aware of is to keep Process Monitor running in the background as you play.

Back
Top Bottom