What are these numbers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Csatádi

Grandmaster Knight
Like Backstreet 7, Clearing 12?

BL-what-are-these-numbers.jpg

I think these are numbers of all defenders (thugs) for those places, but I'm not entirely sure about it.
This is correct. Every time you go to clear out the thugs and you kill some in combat then the number will go down.
When it reaches zero you then have the ability to franchise the illicit establishment.

I see. I cleared 2 of them. Is this all about relation reordering, right? I got more relation that I lost, so it also means relation farming.

Killing the thugs didn't reduce the power of the gang leader and didn't raise the power of the working citizens. That's a bit odd.

Once you beat all of the thugs a bunch of times you can make that notable leave the settlement IIRC.
And what's the gain? He's a powerful gang leader. If I get a weak gang leader instead the quality of their troop slot will drop.
Gangs have no visible effect on towns.

And what's the gain? He's a powerful gang leader. If I get a weak gang leader instead the quality of their troop slot will drop.
I think the whole Rougery portion the game is just unfinished or not fleshed out, this seems to be true of many aspect of the game and it's unclear how much of it will be.

There are already good mods that flesh out gangs and crime though, probably more than TW ever will, so I recommend playing with them if you want that experience.

They have positive effects on security while they have quests going on for some reason. Aside from that, a few of the quests they give usually lower relations with other notables. In TW's mind players go around doing quests every time as soon as they are available so in theory a change of quest pool + being able to manage your relations better with other notables would be some sort of incentive for trying to clear gangs out. Maybe roleplay value too?

Eitherway, as mentioned in the thread, most things related to the criminal side of bannerlord aren't implemented/finished. Supposedly those places you clear up are criminal enterprises but yeah, they are pretty much nothing.

Let me say, I don't mess with thugs because historically doing so caused all kinds of game freezing and other bugs, so did the related "rival gang" quest. I just don't do it, but it very well is all patched up now. I took the point of this to be you gain relation with the other notables, allowing you eventually reach all recruit tiers with the merchant and artisans. I can't say if that's working now though (not gonna try, bugs). Either way, the effect has been de-valued by the inclusion of emissaries and such, so now getting more relations with everyone in town is pretty easy over time. A lot of players just beat up the thugs for some cash and points (renown?) early game.

Like Backstreet 7, Clearing 12?

BL-what-are-these-numbers.jpg
That's how many gang members are part of said location, though usually no more then 5 will actually be present when you go in-person.

You can use this to your advantage to slowly whittle the gang down though. Kill the guys in the street then break off, then load back in, rinse and repeat til there are only 1-3 for a given location. That way when you have the final confrontation with the Gang Leader, you won't have as many enemies to fight. Though if the Gang Leader has another location I think they can pull members in for the final fight, so be mindful of that.

Pretty funny, cause you can get it to a point where you just fight the Gang Leader by themself in the final fight heh.

If your decent enough, fighting gang members can be a really good way to level one-handed, two-handed, and athletic skills when you start the game. Since unlike the arena XP gained isn't nerfed.

Other then some quick leveling and some good loot early on, not really much point since you'll just get really bad relations with the Gang Leaders. I guess you could do it to screw with rival Kingdoms recruitment pools - since if a Notable loses to much power they disappear. Probably not worth the effort though.

Maybe just me, but something with the game has been screwed with, it use to be real easy to summon Companions in Towns. Now I'm lucky if 1 Companion will even follow me around. Kind of puts the kabosh on going "Gangs of New York" for this sort of thing. 2 on 1 isn't too hard with Thugs, but anymore then that gets tricky and you probably want at least a companion if you're going to take on more.

They have positive effects on security while they have quests going on for some reason. Aside from that, a few of the quests they give usually lower relations with other notables. In TW's mind players go around doing quests every time as soon as they are available so in theory a change of quest pool + being able to manage your relations better with other notables would be some sort of incentive for trying to clear gangs out. Maybe roleplay value too?

Eitherway, as mentioned in the thread, most things related to the criminal side of bannerlord aren't implemented/finished. Supposedly those places you clear up are criminal enterprises but yeah, they are pretty much nothing.
Gang needs recruits= Thugs in the city have gotten smaller= Happy city

Back
Top Bottom