1.5.7 Companions' attributes need to be tied in with their skillset

Users who are viewing this thread

I just hired a surgeon with 80 in medicine and intelligence of 1.

Now, the fact that he has 80 in medicine suggests there's already code that determines skill based on the companion's class/type. Would you please extend it to their attributes too?

Seems to me like it'll be an easy win too.

I just hired a surgeon with 80 in medicine and intelligence of 1.

Now, the fact that he has 80 in medicine suggests there's already code that determines skill based on the companion's class/type. Would you please extend it to their attributes too?

Seems to me like it'll be an easy win too.
Yap, same thing happened to me. That would be a nice change for both gameplay and immersion.

Alternatively it would be great if you could just give them attribute and focus points appropriate for their level to assign as we wished.
It would also be great to have some low level characters (like 1-3) that we could shape as we see fit. That wouldn't work on the skills like medicine that don't really level in the game, but would be great for some of the others.

Alternatively it would be great if you could just give them attribute and focus points appropriate for their level to assign as we wished.
It would also be great to have some low level characters (like 1-3) that we could shape as we see fit. That wouldn't work on the skills like medicine that don't really level in the game, but would be great for some of the others.
And you just pointed out a second problem: Medicine and some other skills don't level fast up enough.

Besides the speed at which skills level up, TaleWorlds needs to fix the attribute and focus points distribution of wanderers so they make sense. Skill values and focus points seem to have been adjusted, but attributes still quite often don't make sense. Since they seem to be busy with other things, until they make the time to fix it, they should just make it so wanderers come with all attribute and focus points reset so we can distribute them as we see fit.

And you just pointed out a second problem: Medicine and some other skills don't level fast up enough.

Besides the speed at which skills level up, TaleWorlds needs to fix the attribute and focus points distribution of wanderers so they make sense. Skill values and focus points seem to have been adjusted, but attributes still quite often don't make sense. Since they seem to be busy with other things, until they make the time to fix it, they should just make it so wanderers come with all attribute and focus points reset so we can distribute them as we see fit.

Or have a permanent "university" where you can retrain stats and focus for everyone.

Or have a permanent "university" where you can retrain stats and focus for everyone.
Because retraining attributes and focus points doesn't take away your skill levels, that could be used to max out a character completely by maxing some skills and then retraining to max the other skills, so I'm not sure such a feature (the ability to retrain multiple times) should be in the base game. I'd use mods for that. I do think attributes and focus points should be irreversible once distributed by the player, but because of the current state of wanderers in regards to attributes, TaleWorlds should just give them to us with all of the points free for the distribution until they completely fix them.

Because retraining attributes and focus points doesn't take away your skill levels, that could be used to max out a character completely by maxing some skills and then retraining to max the other skills, so I'm not sure such a feature (ability to retrain multiple times) should be in the base game. I use mods to do just that, though. I do think attributes and focus points should be irreversible once distributed by the player, but because of the current state of wanderers in regards to attributes, TaleWorlds should just give them to us with all of the points free for the distribution until they completely fix them.
ok fair enough but the current system where leveling in 1 skill takes away from another is not one I agree with.

ok fair enough but the current system where leveling in 1 skill takes away from another is not one I agree with.
Bannerlord's character development system isn't good. It's what we have, though, and they're not going to change it. It's too big a part of the game already and intersects with too many mechanics. The best we can do is persuade TaleWorlds to make it better. Wanderers need better distributed attributes. We should be able to pick all of their perks. There could be more ways to acquire more attributes or focus points too. The perks themselves can always use more love too but TaleWorlds is working on it at the momento.

Back
Top Bottom