When is TW going to fix blatant cheating?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, people can call him whatever he want. They can be disgusted by it. But it the end it doesn't deserve a ban. People who do believe that, are acting dumb
? I was talking about this, but okey, he does deserve a ban tho

? I was talking about this, but okey, he does deserve a ban tho
Why does he deserve a ban, please explain to me, in Warband we abuse bugs all the time but everyone forgets it about it and treats it as its just part of the game. So in Bannerlord someone should get banned for using a bug to gain a advantage something we been doing for years in warband. Even though alot of dueling meta in Bannerlord weren't they messing with mouse settings to have broken feints, should they all be banned ?.

-> Find a bug
-> Don't report it because you will get banned

That's what the game will be if y'all were in power.

Fair enough Forsee didn't report it. But this was happening and reported way back since the beta. Where people had smaller characters then normal.

-> Find a bug
-> Don't report it because you will get banned

That's what the game will be if y'all were in power.

Fair enough Forsee didn't report it. But this was happening and reported way back since the beta. Where people had smaller characters then normal.

You understand this is completely contradictory right? The problem is not that he found a bug is that he constantly abuses it and he's the only one using it as far as I know.

Why does he deserve a ban, please explain to me, in Warband we abuse bugs all the time but everyone forgets it about it and treats it as its just part of the game. So in Bannerlord someone should get banned for using a bug to gain a advantage something we been doing for years in warband. Even though alot of dueling meta in Bannerlord weren't they messing with mouse settings to have broken feints, should they all be banned ?.

How many players have access to the bug Forsee has right now? It's just him, maybe some other dude, and no one else? If everyone can access to a bug to the point it becomes a combat mechanic then how is that a problem? Is a matter of learning how to use it, and it's later a matter of what admin approves it's use and what admin doesn't. An example for you, in GTA SA multiplayer there is a bug known as C-Bug which allows you to shoot with the deagle faster, literally every player has access to it and people learn to use it, everyone has access to that advantage, but despite this some servers decide it unbalances the game and just ban it, so if you play in x server it's a combat mechanic, just as bugs are in Warband, but that is fine, because like I've said, you can pick up the game and learn to use it.
Compare one situation to the other, yeah, it's totally different, this guy abuses a bug only he has access to, and despite the other players are asking nicely to not use it, because no one else can use it, he just goes on, having an unfair advantage. If an attitude like this shouldn't be punished then I don't know what should.

You understand this is completely contradictory right? The problem is not that he found a bug is that he constantly abuses it and he's the only one using it as far as I know.

How many players have access to the bug Forsee has right now? It's just him, maybe some other dude, and no one else? If everyone can access to a bug to the point it becomes a combat mechanic then how is that a problem? Is a matter of learning how to use it, and it's later a matter of what admin approves it's use and what admin doesn't. An example for you, in GTA SA multiplayer there is a bug known as C-Bug which allows you to shoot with the deagle faster, literally every player has access to it and people learn to use it, everyone has access to that advantage, but despite this some servers decide it unbalances the game and just ban it, so if you play in x server it's a combat mechanic, just as bugs are in Warband, but that is fine, because like I've said, you can pick up the game and learn to use it.
Compare one situation to the other, yeah, it's totally different, this guy abuses a bug only he has access to, and despite the other players are asking nicely to not use it, because no one else can use it, he just goes on, having an unfair advantage. If an attitude like this shouldn't be punished then I don't know what should.

In the other thread i literally showed how you can do it with a bit of knowledge on how the key works. He isn't the only one who has "used" this bug. He never even discovered the bug, he simply played with his character, and it became a bug from one patch to the other.

In the other thread i literally showed how you can do it with a bit of knowledge on how the key works. He isn't the only one who has "used" this bug. He never even discovered the bug, he simply played with his character, and it became a bug from one patch to the other.
So you have to go outside the game and start messing with the codes to actively have an advantage? Idk man, that sounds non accessible to all players and cheating too.
Besides I was referencing your post saying
-find a bug
-do not report for being banned
I didn't mean he originally or literally found it, just answering to your contradiction, which is also very strawman because I never even implied something like that should happen. I think it's quite obvious why I think these practices should be punished but you're just twisting it around like if he was just an innocent player, he's clearly abusing the game against the others, he's totally aware of it, he can go **** himself

And a little edit, you're all speaking as if cheating in gaming was written by an institution that rules over what cheating is and what is not, but the truth is such institution does not exist so there isn't a literal legal description you can actually reference, just what a dictionary of what a community of gamers describe cheating as. Let's be honest, how different is looking for a third party software that gives you an advantage over other players and looking for codes to modify files outside the game parameters to give you an advantage? I fail to see the difference, both are dishonest ways that modify the game to your own liking and it completely unbalances the game towards your favour.

Last edited:
So you have to go outside the game and start messing with the codes to actively have an advantage? Idk man, that sounds non accessible to all players and cheating too.
Besides I was referencing your post saying
-find a bug
-do not report for being banned
I didn't mean he originally or literally found it, just answering to your contradiction, which is also very strawman because I never even implied something like that should happen. I think it's quite obvious why I think these practices should be punished but you're just twisting it around like if he was just an innocent player, he's clearly abusing the game against the others, he's totally aware of it, he can go **** himself

And a little edit, you're all speaking as if cheating in gaming was written by an institution that rules over what cheating is and what is not, but the truth is such institution does not exist so there isn't a literal legal description you can actually reference, just what a dictionary of what a community of gamers describe cheating as. Let's be honest, how different is looking for a third party software that gives you an advantage over other players and looking for codes to modify files outside the game parameters to give you an advantage? I fail to see the difference, both are dishonest ways that modify the game to your own liking and it completely unbalances the game towards your favour.
"You have to go outside"

If you consider going on notepad and changing a few numbers and copy pasting (which the game allows in the editor) as hacking, you are doing it on purpose.

Because in this case even with your logic, the guy DIDNT DO THAT. That's exactly what you're missing here. He never HAD to do that in the first place. The height slider was changed to not allow the height he currently has, but the devs didn't actually force a reset on the height for each character.

I won't even answer on the second part because i already told you, he didn't cheat. The height slider in itself is giving unfair advantages on it's own, you're just ignoring that part.

TW is gona fix this anyway, so stop crying

"You have to go outside"

If you consider going on notepad and changing a few numbers and copy pasting (which the game allows in the editor) as hacking, you are doing it on purpose.

See how you twist one argument and then go to another just to twist it AGAIN.

as hacking
When did I used the word hacking?
going on notepad
so you have to leave the game and modify files= going outside the game

The thing is. When I say he's abusing a bug you come with this thing that is something you could do it in a notepad, then to that I answer is definitely a form of cheating, and they you come and say nooo but he didn't used that. Okey, he didn't used that, then I go back to my old argument because it still f applies lmao. Twist it one way of the other it's definitely a form of cheating and taking advantage of the other players that, either some players have access to it -currently, as far as I know, it's only him, which originally was NOT acquired as a cheat, but he kept using it until it became an abuse being 100% fully aware of it- or you have to modify files in order to get it, something you definitely need some info or spend time on the forums to know so. Idk what you guys gain defending an obvious prick, and a terrible attitude towards the other players, if we don't punish these crap then we allow players to screw over other players freely, to that I say suck my dong

I'm seeing that this weird thread is active for a long time already.

You can't claim that someone deserves a ban just because he didn't update his character and took advantage of something that was in the game previously. Apart from that it's not like this is adding up a huge advantage to this guy, not like he is doing headshots or one shot one kills - so I don't see the point of discussing this for like 6 pages.

This is an issue that should be resolved on Taleworlds' side. This is not even game design related. For example:
You can't release an app update which only works if customer clears his/her cache. It's your responsibility to clear it for them before opening the updated version. If somehow user still uses old cache and takes "advantage" of that, it's your problem as a developer.

Open a bug report or something for Taleworlds, tell them that they should add a stupid small line like this;
C#:
if (player_height > SERVER_MAX_HEIGHT) player_height = SERVER_MAX_HEIGHT;
Problem solved.

For clarification, I personally still have the smallest character height from the alpha (which is probably arguably shorter than the smallest beta one) not because im attempting to keep it as an advantage, I've just never changed it because I simply don't care. Should I get banned for that? Absolutely not, it's early access and they already know about this known issue. When the game releases, it is almost guaranteed these issues won't move onto the released state (where bug abusing would be punishable because matchmaking would fully exist). Be patient, as annoying as it is.

That's pretty much hacking if you're modifying game files to achieve those results.

If your character is just left over from beta, fair enough, but if you're playing multiplayer especially through match-making, then you sort of have an obligation to fix it. If they've changed the character sliders since Beta, they've clearly decided on a minimum and maximum height for the game and anything outside of that goes against the design. It may change, but it is set for a reason.

No one should be banned for it so far, but it'll inevitably become a problem later on especially when ranked mode has been released, and TW should either fix it server-side or at least make a statement on whether it's considered cheating at which point it could become a bannable offence.

I say burn him at the stakes for warlocking... this is evil doing as i saw him riding on a mans chest during nighttime

We checked the current facekey, looked ok, maybe they fixed it after the issue blew up.

We reset the fecekey regardless, this should fix the situation if it is a leftover key from the past, that one's on us, but if it happens again it means there is some tampering going on and we can evaluate the issue accordingly then.

What have you done with my character, now it's ugly

What have you done to my character, now it's ugly

Back
Top Bottom