Need some help about server manegement.

Users who are viewing this thread

SMAIL

Recruit
Hello guys. Some of my friends just opened a deathmatch server in Warband. They are having some trouble about maps. They want only "Arena" map. But server changes maps after some time and opens a random one. Is there any way to making server stay on Arena map? Can somebody help. I might ask some questions too.

Sorry for my bad Engish.

Remove every line that starts with set_map or add_map from your config file, then add set_map multi_scene_21 in their place.
Thanks for your help. We did it but nothing changed. Maybe you miss typed because we didn't see any map with number 21 or we did it wrong. Are you sure its 21? I am not sure about which one of us is correct. Can you make sure that you write it correct? It might be our fault aswell, im just asking.

Thanks for your help. We did it but nothing changed. Maybe you miss typed because we didn't see any map with number 21 or we did it wrong. Are you sure its 21? I am not sure about which one of us is correct. Can you make sure that you write it correct? It might be our fault aswell, im just asking.
multi_scene_21 should be the ID of the The Arena map, pretty sure. Are you using dedicated server files to host or are you doing it via the ingame "Host a Game" option?

We are using dedicated server.
There is at least one server using The Arena scene as a main and only battleground of the rotation. If you are willing to host a similar solution nonetheless, then see this. If you insist on utilizing a dedicated server and are sure that everything else is set up correctly, do the following.
  1. Open Sample_Deathmatch.txt file in your server directory,
  2. delete all lines beginning with "add_map" and "set_map",
  3. add a line "set_map multi_scene_17",
  4. save the file and send its modified version to the server,
  5. restart the server,
  6. connect to it and see the result.
Multi_scene_21 is not The Arena. It was a code name for Cold Coast, which eventually did not make it to Warband with 2016 Invasion Mode update.

I am using a modified Native module, hence the discrepancy between different strings.txt files. Use the line for The Arena, as presented below. Here is a correct string file for Native with no modifications (ModuleSystem for 1.171). You should be fine with it if you run a server with Native 1.174:
Code:
#multiplayer scene names
  ("multi_scene_1", "Ruins"),
  ("multi_scene_2", "Village"),
  ("multi_scene_3", "Hailes Castle"), #Castle 1
  ("multi_scene_4", "Ruined Fort"),
  ("multi_scene_5", "Scene 5"), #not ready yet
  ("multi_scene_6", "Scene 6"), #not ready yet
  ("multi_scene_7", "Field by the River"),
  ("multi_scene_8", "Rudkhan Castle"), #Castle 2
  ("multi_scene_9", "Snowy Village"),
  ("multi_scene_10", "Turin Castle"), #Castle 3
  ("multi_scene_11", "Nord Town"),
  ("multi_scene_16", "Port Assault"),
  ("multi_scene_17", "Brunwud Castle"), #Castle 4
  ("multi_scene_18", "Battle on Ice"),
  ("multi_scene_19", "Mahdaar Castle"), #Castle 5
  ("multi_scene_20", "Jameyyed Castle"), #Castle 6
  ("multi_scene_21", "The Arena"),
  ("multi_scene_22", "Forest Hideout"),
  ("multi_scene_23", "Canyon"),
  ("multi_scene_24", "Desert Town"),
  #INVASION MODE START
  ("multi_scene_25", "Cold Coast"),

Last edited:
There is at least one server using The Arena scene as a main and only battleground of the rotation. If you are willing to host a similar solution nonetheless, then see this. If you insist on utilizing a dedicated server and are sure that everything else is set up correctly, do the following.
  1. Open Sample_Deathmatch.txt file in your server directory,
  2. delete all lines beginning with "add_map" and "set_map",
  3. add a line "set_map multi_scene_17",
  4. save the file and send its modified version to the server,
  5. restart the server,
  6. connect to it and see the result.
Multi_scene_21 is not The Arena. It was a code name for Cold Coast, which eventually did not make it to Warband with 2016 Invasion Mode update.
Thanks, it worked! At first number 21 didn't work. We tried number 17 now. It just works fine. Thank you guys. But I want to ask something.

Last edited:
What really is multi_scene_17 depends upon your module; no one external can tell it. Go ahead with your question.
In Napoleonic Wars I saw admins have different colour in chat. Is there any way making the same thing in Warband? Because we have to warn people constantly in Turkish servers. We want admins to be easily seen and some pop up messages in chat. Is it possible to make same thing in Warband too?

In Napoleonic Wars I saw admins have different colour in chat. Is there any way making the same thing in Warband? Because we have to warn people constantly in Turkish servers. We want admins to be easily seen and some pop up messages in chat. Is it possible to make same thing in Warband too?
Yes, there is. Go here https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/warband.165/ and look for some admin tools with an "MP" prefix. An average bundle shall contain additional admin features allowing to better control the playerbase. Different admin message color is a standard. Having picked one, enrich the server module with it and that is all.

For reference, head to this sub-forum in order to learn how to add a bundle to the server module https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/the-forge-mod-development.64/. If you want to expand Native, then it is just a matter of replacing .txt files.

Yes, there is. Go here https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/warband.165/ and look for some admin tools with an "MP" prefix. An average bundle shall contain additional admin features allowing to better control the playerbase. Different admin message color is a standard. Having picked one, enrich the server module with it and that is all.

For reference, head to this sub-forum in order to learn how to add a bundle to the server module https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/the-forge-mod-development.64/. If you want to expand Native, then it is just a matter of replacing .txt files.
Thanks! You helped a lot.

Back
Top Bottom