I like the new more realistic economy

Users who are viewing this thread

AHAHAHAHA I like the devs mindset.

We have a problem - there was nothing to spend money on
How to solve it? Lets nerf money making
Right now i even dont take a loot and prisoners. Becouse i just dont need money - only thing i need to buy is a 1000 units of grain.

We have a problem - players kills all lords, becouse lords army spawnrate is insane and it is the only way to win a war
How to solve it? Lets nerf lord killing
Let alone the fact that other lords actually go into the towns, buy recruits, sell loot and prisoners the same as you do.
Thats wgy they are walking with 80% pesants army of and i can beat 1000 army with my 150 troops. But so realistic wow.

Whichall mean by "Rich"? I find money comes too easy - i had 130K, got caught by enemy lord ransomed my 130k to get released and never had to worry about money as it all seems to come back so fast. You get so many prisoners, loot, taxes etc it just feels too easy. Unless of course yall talking bout a bigger purse...

Edit: I do have the own land mod so maybe thats helping
True, once you get to a KILLMOGER style of playthrough, Lords throw themselves at you, and before you know it you sitting on 2mil gold. Owning towns is the most profitable with taxes themselves paying for 5 elite armies/garrisons...

But... A lot of people want to take it slow, and own businesses or caravans and just run around and have fun without getting into politics and owning towns or factions. If you choose this option you lose money. Businesses in this game, which are severely limited for no reason, make about as much money as a child with a lemonade stand. And owning a fairly reasonable army costs the same as a mortgage payment...

I don't see no kid with a lemonade stand paying the mortgage for mom and dad... Just ain't happenin....

But I get it, they want you to struggle for money, and have playability... To WANT to go out and make more

AHAHAHAHA I like the devs mindset.

We have a problem - there was nothing to spend money on
How to solve it? Lets nerf money making
Right now i even dont take a loot and prisoners. Becouse i just dont need money - only thing i need to buy is a 1000 units of grain.

We have a problem - players kills all lords, becouse lords army spawnrate is insane and it is the only way to win a war
How to solve it? Lets nerf lord killing

Thats wgy they are walking with 80% pesants army of and i can beat 1000 army with my 150 troops. But so realistic wow.
I strongly agree... We want this to be an open world experience, and choose how we want the game to go. And by nerfing everything, it's limiting the play styles even more and more... :sad:

You do realize that Prosperity, and current events affect a towns gold? right?

So if it's war time, and the towns prosperity is low, and villages are burning, the economy is in depression. Let alone the fact that other lords actually go into the towns, buy recruits, sell loot and prisoners the same as you do. So if the town has 4 gold left, there is a reason why :smile:
Dude you are thinking with your feet. That would make sense if one or two towns had little gold. But when after only 20 mins of playing almost every single town is broke, it's obviously not working properly.

I don't mind making the game harder and money harder to get, reduce the loot or whatever. But getting all this loot and having nowhere to sell it or having to traverse the whole continent to sell bit by bit at every single town, what's the point?

It's clearly an unintended feature, aka a bug.

I strongly agree... We want this to be an open world experience, and choose how we want the game to go. And by nerfing everything, it's limiting the play styles even more and more... :sad:
Hood news - and it is MnB so modders will fix it.

Very limited money in towns - it is not "realistic economy" - it is just wasting of your time, becouse you need to spend more time just walking to another city to sell something.

Becouse i swear we have so little useless grind in this game.

Dude you are thinking with your feet. That would make sense if one or two towns had little gold. But when after only 20 mins of playing almost every single town is broke, it's obviously not working properly.

I don't mind making the game harder and money harder to get, reduce the loot or whatever. But getting all this loot and having nowhere to sell it or having to traverse the whole continent to sell bit by bit at every single town, what's the point?

It's clearly an unintended feature, aka a bug.
not thinking with my feet, just noticing the obvious since day one... And even when a town does get low, if it has things to sell it regains money the next day... Never have I seen a town stay with no gold...

So if you're saying you see towns, with no burning villages, and hasn't been attacked recently, and no lords constantly running in and out of it, and it always has 4 gold... then yes, that must clearly be a bug... Because within 4 different playthroughs, I've never seen this issue :/

(...) Businesses in this game, which are severely limited for no reason (...)
That's the point that keeps concerning me. Why? Why can we only have a few workshops. To give clan tiers a reason? Doesn't make sense, they raise your army size and number of companions. Until clan management gets fleshed out, that's reason enough.
Never thought about playing a trader in a M&B game until I saw BL's trading system and the ability to let others fight your wars. That kind of hooked me to the idea. Using wealth to buy fiefs, political power through economical power, it adds to the game. But you can't play a trader to the point where you become that influential, you end up being a mercenary employment agency manager way too early.

And lets be honest, Workshops in this game are so basic.

Even in mods that was better. You can buy resourses by yourself somewhere with better prices or just gt it from raiding caravans, then you can grab all production from your workshop and sell by yourself for the best price you can find.

And do you remember production cycle from X3 reunion? That was amazing.

not thinking with my feet, just noticing the obvious since day one... And even when a town does get low, if it has things to sell it regains money the next day... Never have I seen a town stay with no gold...

So if you're saying you see towns, with no burning villages, and hasn't been attacked recently, and no lords constantly running in and out of it, and it always has 4 gold... then yes, that must clearly be a bug... Because within 4 different playthroughs, I've never seen this issue :/
That's exactly what people are mad about all over the forums. Have you played the latest version? Play for an hour and check if towns have any money. Try to sell loot from a couple bandit parties and you won't be able to. Devs have already stated that it's a bug, apparently not directly related to caravans. But what makes me mad is that they can release something broken like that, something you don't need more than an hour of testing to see.

... Never thought about playing a trader in a M&B game until I saw BL's trading system and the ability to let others fight your wars. That kind of hooked me to the idea. Using wealth to buy fiefs, political power through economical power, it adds to the game ...
lol, I forget what streamer it was, but in the beginning he was like "yeah we're gonna become a powerful merchant with this playthrough", and by 2 streams later he's on a different playthrough and not trading at all... too funny

lol, I forget what streamer it was, but in the beginning he was like "yeah we're gonna become a powerful merchant with this playthrough", and by 2 streams later he's on a different playthrough and not trading at all... too funny
I watched The Spiffing Brit, and he was talking for half an hour about "how overpowered trading is". My only thought was: Dude, participate in a war and see how much money you'll get! Trading only feels OP when you first start the game. But you reach the point when it's not worth the effort rather quickly.

But you can!
That is proof XD

LOL, that's a new video by The Spiffing Brit. Didn't watch by now, but I wanna remind you, Spiff isn't always playing the latest patch (on purpose, he loves the exploits, his videos are more about entertainment than information) and he's using a lot of mods to tweak the game the way he wants it to be. Gotta watch it, but I doubt that he found a way to reach the income of a warmonger by doing trade.

But you can!
That is proof XD

yeah i saw that, he only trades for a part of the beginning, and uses old versions of the game. And he is well known for using mods, spiffing brit is just a character like any other. Plus I think that was when the wood shop gave over 10k a day?

Gotta watch it, but I doubt that he found a way to reach the income of a warmonger by doing trade.
Ahahahahha. Just watch this video. It is the most broken thing then i saw in BL. And it says something.
I totaly belive that it is not a mod problems. Devs just dont think about some things.

For example there is a perk on 125 leadership that can revert a bandit into regular troop. Sounds not so good, right?

BUT the most broken thing about this - for some reason you can revert them into noble ones. So for exanple i farmed forest bandits for about 30 minutes and got 100 elite noble Batanian archers in my army.

For the same result i need to spend tons of time to get relashionships and ride around all Battania for a weeks to get so many nobles.

And the same way all bandits (exept looters) works. So after getting this perk i never ever need to recruit in someone in towns. Becouse i can chase 15 bandits, recruit them and revert to elite noble warriors.

Last edited:
Ahahahahha. Just watch this video. It is the most broken thing then i saw in BL. And it says something.
It's running RIGHT NOW. I love Spiff. That's the next part of the series I mentioned in my comment. ?

yeah i saw that, he only trades for a part of the beginning, and uses old versions of the game. And he is well known for using mods, spiffing brit is just a character like any other. Plus I think that was when the wood shop gave over 10k a day?
Yeah, Spiff never updated the game, it's still the playthrough he started with 1.0.0 economy. Even more broken than now...
He just bartered a city for a cow. That got fixed as far as I know. But it's too funny, great video! Just bad example for were BL stands right now at 1.1.
His daily income tooltip is bigger than the screen "Not that I have any way of seeing how much money we're making, because I physically can't see it:"

Last edited:

I totaly belive that it is not a mod problems. Devs just dont think about some things.

For example there is a perk on 125 leadership that can revert a bandit into regular troop. Sounds not so good, right?

BUT the most broken thing about this - for some reason you can revert them into noble ones. So for exanple i farmed forest bandits for about 30 minutes and got 100 elite noble Batanian archers in my army.

For the same result i need to spend tons of time to get relashionships and ride around all Battania for a weeks to get so many nobles.

And the same way all bandits (exept looters) works. So after getting this perk i never ever need to recruit in someone in towns. Becouse i can chase 15 bandits, recruit them and revert to elite noble warriors.
True, turning Brigands into Sturgian Veteran Soldiers quite easily is a tad broken... lol, but yes disciplinarian should just change any bandit into a peasant, who then becomes a hired sword/crossbow seems more realistic. You're taking an uncivilized person and making them civilized...

However, I think it's the stats of said bandit, that technically would make it as good as "elite troop", ya know one handed at 120 or agility at 80, etc... So I get it, the unit shouldn't lose it's stats because it changed into another, if anything it should gain stats...

Personally I like the bandit units themselves, the Forest Bandit? ohhh do I love that guy, he's quick, plays an archer role, and when things get messy he runs in with a two handed axe and goes berserk... It's one of the only units that live through all my major battles and is a must have for me!

Back
Top Bottom