In Progress Bannerlord causes computer to crash and restart

Users who are viewing this thread

This generally happens during loading screens before a scene like battle or dialogue. I don't think my PC specs would be an issue but here they are:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB
Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk
RAM: 16GB

This hasn't happened with any other game on this PC, even intensive ones like Monster Hunter World or Total War 3 Kingdoms

Hello, can you please make sure that the game itself and all of your drivers and software required for this game are up to date? If you are playing through Steam verifying the integrity of the game files might help. There is also a new patch for the game, so please update me if your problem is solved after the new patch, too.

Having the same issues right now. Since my last crash, it deleted all of my save files so I will start over once again.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.; Z370M D3H-CF
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 16GB

Drivers are up to date & software required for this game is present.
Would be awesome if there's any solution for this.

Last edited:
Same thing going for me, almost every single dialogue. I only made it past the introduction with the brother at the start by spamming through the dialogue options and then it kept happening on every other dialogue I encountered thereafter.

Specs:
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz
Ram: Corsair vengeance 16GB 1600MHz DDR3
Motherboard: GA-z97X-UD5H-BK
Storage Device(s):
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKX-001CA SCSI Disk Device
232GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB
(tried the game on both)
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I also tried replacing my GPU with my old geforce 760, that I still have laying around, which actually seemed to help, until I killed the third bandit group before radagos hideout and it crashed when I was loading into the post battle dialogue. tried it twice with the same result

Yes. Please god fix this. Every few hours my computer will just turn off.
I've tried reinstalling, I've tried verifying integrity, I've tried to limit my frame rate and lower graphics.

Summary: Computer shuts down randomly during gameplay.
How to Reproduce
: Unknown
Version: e1.0.5
Computer Specs
:
GPU:2080ti
CPU:i9-9990k
RAM:16gb
Motherboard: I dunno. It's not a bad one though.
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD

Also having problems with shutdowns. For me it only happened in custom battle mode in larger battles over 100vs100. Test map was Aserai village. I used the settings you get when clicking random two times and setting army sizes to 200 each. I'm playing in 4k resolution and getting very bad performance so far. In the mentioned test setup the frames are aroung 15-30 fps. Gpu isn't nearly at its limit (aroung 30%). I think my cpu is the bottleneck. Heat shouldn't be a problem, as all values where fine. Maybe the psu isn't enough (Corsair VS 550W), but i didn't have any problems in other games since almost a year and according to several sources, the psu should suffice.

Specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte H270-Gaming3
CPU: i5 6500
GPU: gtx 1080 ti
RAM: 8GB DDR4
SSD

Version: e1.0.4 + e1.0.5

Last edited:
Update: As of the new beta branch 1.1.0 and me testing it with the aforementioned environment, I no longer get shutdowns. FPS are sadly still bad and changing the graphic settings to very low has almost no impact on the performance. I noticed that my cpu is almost always at 100%, temperatures are normal.

The 6500 has 4 cores @ 3.2 ghz base, this is unfortunately not enough, I was getting fps issues on my r7 2700 8 core @ 3.2 ghz base, upgraded to 3800x and now they're gone

I'm having the same issue. Play anywhere from 30-60 minutes and the game just hard resets my computer. No BSOD, no error, just off. I've never had any problems like this before. Adding comment to add weight to the thread.

Been happening to me since 1.0.5 but yesterday was the first time it happened during a battle for me. it was during a siege going up a siege tower.

Same here! Was crashing till e1.0.10 was implemented... now I'm back to having the game crash my pc and restart with e1.0.11.

Edit:
I would like to add that right b4 the crash, I was going to do a seige battle so I lowered my settings ingame to medium. When I clicked seige or rode on the map thereafter, the game crashed.

Last edited:
Yeap, same here. Two reboots in a row on 1.0.11 (both on castle siege battle).
I reported previously that crashes were due to problem with my hardware.
After tuning up voltage computer is passing 24h stress test (CPU with AVX2, GPU, Memory and drive) without a problem (and that cause no crashes in 8h continous gameplay on 1.0.10) so I am on team "not hardware problem" now.

PS. I would love to see this fixed but also some hint how it is even possible would be nice (technical language welcome) :smile:

Ok i found out what was the issue in my case, as both the gpu and cpu get hot while playing the motherboard vrm gets really REALLY hot, I had a b450m ds3h with r3800x and it was causing shutdowns when vrm went past 100 degrees instead of downthrottling. I'm upgrading to tomahawk max. You can check vrm temps with hwinfo64, if its over 80, it's worrying.

Ok i found out what was the issue in my case, as both the gpu and cpu get hot while playing the motherboard vrm gets really REALLY hot, I had a b450m ds3h with r3800x and it was causing shutdowns when vrm went past 100 degrees instead of downthrottling. I'm upgrading to tomahawk max. You can check vrm temps with hwinfo64, if its over 80, it's worrying.

In my case stability test run hotter than the game itself (both CPU and GPU).
Also my VRM are watercooled and I monitor them all the time on second screen (I have alerts if some component exceed required values). They do not exceed 40C.

Ps. Your hint is still worth checking as for some users it may be the cause, but in my case it still does not look like hardware issue.
Ps2. Reverting back again to 1.0.10 fixed it for me - at least no restart last hour despite 3 sieges.

Happened three times during sieges for me today. definitely seems connected to sieges specifically along with the occasional campaign map reboot.

Back
Top Bottom