I feel like this game (BL) has incredible potential. What is Taleworlds history of listening to the community?

Users who are viewing this thread

How involved is TW in their own community? Do they implement suggestions from the forums or integrate player created mods to enhance gameplay?

I'm wondering because I picked up BL and threw 42 hours at the game already and I think that this could be one of my new favorite games that I can keep returning to. If the economy, diplomacy, and certain roleplaying elements and events are implemented properly, I mean, wow. This could be something special. So I'm just curious about the company's actual track record with game design and production. Even though I spent about 400 hours in WarBand I don't know much about TW.

I think, in the end, what I'm looking for is something not as complex as a Crusader Kings 2 but with many similar elements in the diplomacy. A simpler CK2 with amazing combat, what's not to love?

But I guess what I'm asking is, "Should I get my hopes up?"

How involved is TW in their own community? Do they implement suggestions from the forums or integrate player created mods to enhance gameplay?

I'm wondering because I picked up BL and threw 42 hours at the game already and I think that this could be one of my new favorite games that I can keep returning to. If the economy, diplomacy, and certain roleplaying elements and events are implemented properly, I mean, wow. This could be something special. So I'm just curious about the company's actual track record with game design and production. Even though I spent about 400 hours in WarBand I don't know much about TW.

I think, in the end, what I'm looking for is something not as complex as a Crusader Kings 2 but with many similar elements in the diplomacy. A simpler CK2 with amazing combat, what's not to love?

But I guess what I'm asking is, "Should I get my hopes up?"

TW themselves aren't bad, they will definitely try to fix everything that they can.
You can get your hopes up for the modding community cos they are the real heroes here.
They will basically fix and expand this beyond our exceptions as they did with Warband.

TW themselves aren't bad, they will definitely try to fix everything that they can.
You can get your hopes up for the modding community cos they are the real heroes here.
They will basically fix and expand this beyond our exceptions as they did with Warband.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, the modding community for Warband was and is still incredible. I just hope that they don't lean too much on independent creators to finish their game for them i.e. Skyrim.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, the modding community for Warband was and is still incredible. I just hope that they don't lean too much on independent creators to finish their game for them i.e. Skyrim.

Well the game is in early access and far from finished I'd say. Let's see where it will be in few months. Then we will be able to see where their head is at.

Well the game is in early access and far from finished I'd say. Let's see where it will be in few months. Then we will be able to see where their head is at.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I saw a post saying that the developers want this done within a year. I really hope they take their time with it and create something as engrossing as WB was.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I saw a post saying that the developers want this done within a year. I really hope they take their time with it and create something as engrossing as WB was.

Yes, that's what was originally said.
But at the current state and knowing TW I wouldn't bet on it, we have a 'playable' game so let's just give them time now.

TW is a great company with great humble ppl. That being said I am going to be that guy...

I will say, they themselves have admitted to this, but their communication with the community is very poor. On top of that, if you know anything about the beta you would see how they are very stubborn on incorporating unanimous community wants, such as banners, combat, the whole lot.

I believe this is only a fraction of the game, as I simply refuse this current state is the same one they put confidence in.

They are competent developers though, and not greedy, but from my experience from the beta, they will only incorporate decisions that are suitable for them and not their community.

All things considered, you can go ahead and up your hopes, because no matter how messy the base game is, TW has done a fantastic job at making things moddable, so you should be able to find mods that fit your needs within a matter of months after the full release.

They are competent developers though, and not greedy, but from my experience from the beta, they will only incorporate decisions that are suitable for them and not their community.

Which is exactly what they should do.
No offense but I've seen more idiotic ideas than good ones, if you look around here but especially on Steam the majority are not even into immersive RPG games like M&B and they expect a Dragon Ball Z game, so their opinion is completely irrelevant.
I trust TW and I trust they'll make this amazing game even more amazing in the next few months.

I believe this is only a fraction of the game, as I simply refuse this current state is the same one they put confidence in.

This is exactly why I created this post, thank you.
I actually love what the game is so far (obviously subtract all the bugs and other wonkiness from it) and I do have hope for it but I also think I need to keep that level of hope in check for the reasons you stated above.

If they can get the economy working with a decent diplomacy system I think I'll be happy. If they allow me to roleplay like allowing for a system that lets me use appropriate faction and role specific gear (instead as one user put it, a desert horse archer dressed as a swadian knight best-in-slot abuser) as well as multiple ways to accomplish one task and an intrigue system, well.... I don't know if I'd ever WANT to play another game again.

No offense but I've seen more idiotic ideas than good ones, if you look around here but especially on Steam the majority are not even into immersive RPG games like M&B and they expect a Dragon Ball Z game, so their opinion is completely irrelevant.
I trust TW and I trust they'll make this amazing game even more amazing in the next few months.

Gotta stick with the roots, RPG systems and settings all the way. Leave all the DBZ stuff to the modders :smile:

Thanks for the reply.

If they can get the economy working with a decent diplomacy system I think I'll be happy. If they allow me to roleplay like allowing for a system that lets me use appropriate faction and role specific gear (instead as one user put it, a desert horse archer dressed as a swadian knight best-in-slot abuser) as well as multiple ways to accomplish one task and an intrigue system, well.... I don't know if I'd ever WANT to play another game again.
Aye, the potential is very much there! In terms of intrigue, if you are familiar with the current clan system, they would constantly go on about how inner clans within a faction would bicker and fight for this or that which could lead to fracturing and civil war. I can only assume you can be... let's say a supporter to these ideals.?

I do mostly agree, yes. But imo there are some blatantly confusing aspects like having a guerilla war faction fight pitch battles in the open plain. There are very reasonable ideas, such as diverse more colourful banners and elite retinue armies to fill the world.

The thing about taleworlds is they move incredibly slowly. It took them forever to finally polish viking conquest, it took them 8 years to release this ea, and bannerlord has a long, long way to go before it's what it should be.

Luckily, modders work much faster. There's already like 50 mods out fixing various stupid issues that should have never been there in the first place; like the fact that half the armor in the game is unobtainable due to being marked multiplayer only, or certain soldiers having totally wacky stats like the khuzait lancer having the stats of a peasant, or crossbowmen with high bow skills and no crossbow skill. Whenever taleworlds releases a new patch you have to reinstall these fix mods, which is annoying because I can't understand why they wouldn't just implement these minor number changes already.

The thing about taleworlds is they move incredibly slowly. It took them forever to finally polish viking conquest, it took them 8 years to release this ea, and bannerlord has a long, long way to go before it's what it should be.

Luckily, modders work much faster. There's already like 50 mods out fixing various stupid issues that should have never been there in the first place; like the fact that half the armor in the game is unobtainable due to being marked multiplayer only, or certain soldiers having totally wacky stats like the khuzait lancer having the stats of a peasant, or crossbowmen with high bow skills and no crossbow skill. Whenever taleworlds releases a new patch you have to reinstall these fix mods, which is annoying because I can't understand why they wouldn't just implement these minor number changes already.
I'm actually fine with it taking a longer time, that's not what bothers me. What would really bother me is if they took all this time and then didn't add any systems into the game, like the diplomacy and intrigue systems I mentioned above or even something like FEASTS. I know, it's kind of ridiculous. But hey, at least I learned how to do a mass "Replace" command in notepad thanks to their incompetence XD

And yes, I am VERY excited for the modding community to step in, I just hope that they don't use them for a crutch like what Bethesda used Skyrims modding community for...

Would you care to expand on that? I wasn't apart of the beta testing and didn't really follow development. Too busy playing WB and CK2 xD

Our group was one of the first invited to the multiplayer alpha testing. The forum was basically empty. Now they've hidden this sub-forum but it was filled with loads of posts with GOOD FEEDBACK. Most of it was completely ignored or not even responded to by taleworlds at all. Some threads they made where they specifically asked us to counter their points, and discuss for example the class system. (This is still while the alpha and beta players was around or below 500-5000 players). Most of it went on deaf ears, and they didn't even respond or counter any of our points. they always just said "this is not changing." Keep in mind THEY INVITED US, to give free bug testing and multiplayer feedback on their game and they hardly gave any real indication that they were reading our posts.

A large amount of issues that were present in alpha testing are still present in early access. Most of it has already been talked about extensively by some of the best players in competitive Warband.

Our group was one of the first invited to the multiplayer alpha testing. The forum was basically empty. Now they've hidden this sub-forum but it was filled with loads of posts with GOOD FEEDBACK. Most of it was completely ignored or not even responded to by taleworlds at all. Some threads they made where they specifically asked us to counter their points, and discuss for example the class system. (This is still while the alpha and beta players was around or below 500-5000 players). Most of it went on deaf ears, and they didn't even respond or counter any of our points. they always just said "this is not changing." Keep in mind THEY INVITED US, to give free bug testing and multiplayer feedback on their game and they hardly gave any real indication that they were reading our posts.

A large amount of issues that were present in alpha testing are still present in early access. Most of it has already been talked about extensively by some of the best players in competitive Warband.
It was truly rough, wasn't it? On top of fighting for MP classes, I called out a dev on his BS after their SP display after Gamescom and it got heated to the point where Callum stepped in and explained how we were both wrong on the subject at hand.

Let's just say that from the EA, I can only say that currently, I was far from it...

Back
Top Bottom